South Alabama Tag-O-Rama (including NW Florida)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by KawDlr, Feb 21, 2009.

1. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Welcome to South-Alabama Tag-O-Rama Game!
    Including NW Florida Panhandle AKA LA to most who live there!

We started the South version as a request of many who live and ride in this section of the state not able to reach the far Northern tags prior to being snapped up. It is not meant to take away from the first Alabama Tag-O-Rama game, nor is it a reason not to participate in both if you wish. But if you play in our area, we ask that you post your tags here, if it is within the Green Shaded areas of the map provided. If you go North of the Green areas, post here Alabama Tag-O-Rama.

The game is simple, and you may have been reading along with other games as they've played out.

Take a look at the latest entry, if you can follow the clues, recognize the photo, and have a passion for riding, then this game is for you. Just a few simple rules and then your off.

#1 - Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.

#2 - Ride to a new location, get the photo and post it here(tag). Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found, geological oddities, or interesting architecture.

#3 - Tag must be (A) findable and (B) not placed on private land, (C) list condition of the road based on scale provided. Maintained gravel / dirt roads are OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag and rate the road based on the scale. We're adv riders, but consider all may not be DS capable.

Roads are rated by this scale:

0= nice paved road
    1= rough older paved road
    2= maintained gravel road
    3= maintained dirt road
    4= unmaintained dirt or gravel road
    5= double track jeep trail

#4 -File photos are NOT permitted. (File Photos defined as a photo from the past stored on your computer) Whether you are tagging or grabbing,you gotta ride to play this game.

#5- All tags must be within the Green Shaded Area. Refer to the map if you unsure as to the where the boundaries are.

#6- The 36 Hour Rule. The Poopy Peanut Rule. This rule is designed to keep the game moving. If someone makes a Grab, they have a 36 hour window to post the next Tag. If the Grabber does not post a new Tag within this 36 hour period then the last Tag is back in play for a Grab (Steal).

A)If no one makes a grab after the clock has expired, a New Tag should be placed ASAP by the Exclusive Grabber then it's Game On!

B)If someone makes the grab after the clock has expired and before a New Tag is placed it is considered a Steal, the Next Tag belongs to that person.

Found Tags on SATOR (No longer updated due to time restrictions)

[​IMG]
    ZachM1 likes this.
  2. Jumper5392

Jumper5392 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are gonna have a blast. Good Hunting! :thumb
    Ernbo6 likes this.
  3. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    OK Guys here we go!

Roads are rated by this scale:
    0= nice paved road EASY ACCESS TO EVERYONE TO START IT OUT!

With a little google, and a little delorme, or garmin, you should be able to solve the riddle. ENJOY!

In a town where wood is gold, there lives a fella of yellow. Not a condition of his courage, nor the color of his skin, it represents an image he projects from within. He Ranes as a large provider, with wood and a diner.
    Catching this tag you may discover the Hugger’s Legend and grab yourself a filling none finer. Located in what was once the largest county in Alabama over 100 years ago is ironically now one of the smallest counties in Alabama. This sleepy little Alabama town has lots of heritage.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    From the photos you&#8217;ll notice there&#8217;s something to be seen, catch the tag first, then hit the diner for a bonus. Tag is just at the edge of town and diner more centrally located. They serve weekly lunch in a 50&#8217;s style soda fountain, and by night excellent dining. Hope you have fun with this starter tag.

Tag #1
    [​IMG]

Tag Looking Left
    [​IMG]

Tag Looking Right
    [​IMG]

Winter Warrior
    [​IMG]

Local Temp On Sunday
    [​IMG]

Down Town Street View
    [​IMG]

Diner Window View
    [​IMG]

Shop Windows on Diner Street
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good Luck Everyone!
    ZachM1 likes this.
  4. DeBandi

DeBandi Exploring Alabama

Oddometer:
    Awesome:thumb
  5. FireballR

FireballR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look forward to getting a tag down there some time!! :pynd :ricky
  6. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool idea Jody and I'll do what I can to grab the southern ones. As for your first one... Hmmmm....

None of that rings a bell.... :huh

$bob$
  7. Bart Jones

Bart Jones BGY 504 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeehaaaa...Man, I love this State.:freaky
  8. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :dunno Dunno
  9. FireballR

FireballR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good first tag KawDlr. I like the clues you gave. :thumb I was able to find it on google maps with the street view. :lol3
  10. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Thanks!:D
    I tried to make it interesting and hope others will take notice when they post and be more creative. I had been thinking of this location for a few weeks since I decided to go ahead with the SATOR.

I've had several people from other states have made the same claim via emails through our shop website. Not wanting to tip anyone off I think they are waiting to post when they tag it.
  11. gerb

gerb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Double the flavor
    Double the fun
    Just like double mint gum !
  12. FatDog

FatDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ooooh Weeee! This is gonna be fun!:freaky
  13. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was in Abbeville Alabama. Home of Yella Wood. I also ate in the restaurant owned by the man referred to by Jody. It was a neat trip and I'm happy that I grabbed the first one but I was SEVERELY underdressed for the trip and am VERY VERY VERY COLD!!!! BRRRRRRRR!!!!! :huh :cry :huh

[​IMG]

$bob$
  14. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Well Well, Bob

JOB WELL DONE!:clap

Now we have to wait and see what Bob has in store for us.:lurk

Google map updated also. I have created a temporary icon,
    but I'll work on an updated one this week as the games moves along.

We're waiting BOB! Where's it going to be?
  15. timetrax

timetrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Job well done, and yep it was COLD today.
  16. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys... I may never be warm again though. I think by next fall I'll buy a heated vest or jacket. I'm just not as tough as I used to be. :cry

I already have picked out the place that will be my tag... At least I think so. Gotta do some heavy thinking. :mully

I rode over 250 miles today in that cold with nothing but a pair of jeans and a light jacket over a long sleeve shirt to keep me warm. Bad decision. :vardy

I'm supposed to work out in the gym in the morning :lift dunno if I'll make it. UGH!!!

$bob$
  17. Jumper5392

Jumper5392 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice grab $bob$. Sweet lookin' Strom you got there :D
  18. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep... I miss the power and my V was a really good lookin' bike as you can see.

[​IMG]

But my Vee went to a very good home and I'm sure it's lovin' north Georgia and I'll get to go visit it whenever I want. I have a standing invitation. :D

The Wee is more what I was really looking for which is a true dual sport and the Vee is, to me at least, almost a pure road bike. Plus I'm pushin' 60 and the decreased weight of the Wee is welcome at my age. :eek1

Anyway... I digress.... I'm cookin' up a really cool and more difficult tag for y'all and I want y'all to pay close attention 'cuz the clues will be sneaky. :deal

Don't change that channel!

$bob$ (who's off to bed again to stay warm and hope he doesn't get sick from being eat up with a case of the stupid :huh )
  19. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    <TABLE class=tborder id=post9141657 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">[​IMG] Yesterday, 06:11 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right> #14 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>LDHunter<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_9141657", true); </SCRIPT>
    Studly Adventurer

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Bob Officially has till 6:11 AM to post the next tag.

#6- The 36 Hour Rule. The Poopy Peanut Rule. This rule is designed to keep the game moving. If someone makes a Grab, they have a 36 hour window to post the next Tag. If the Grabber does not post a new Tag within this 36 hour period then the last Tag is back in play for a Grab (Steal).

A)If no one makes a grab after the clock has expired, a New Tag should be placed ASAP by the Exclusive Grabber then it's Game On!

B)If someone makes the grab after the clock has expired and before a New Tag is placed it is considered a Steal, the Next Tag belongs to that person.
  20. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gee... Thanks for all the PRESSURE Jody... :D

As a matter of fact I was working on it just as you were typing your message.

Gimme a few more minutes and I'll start posting. Uploading pictures right now.

$bob$