Central Victorian (Mal) Function

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Miss Jane, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Miss Jane

Miss Jane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Central Victorian Malfunction Rally: 26, 27 & 28 November, 2010. That makes it Friday and Saturday nights.

Campsite at the end of Hopkins Rd, which is off the Vaughan Drummond Rd, near Glenluce which is NE of Dalesford. Lovely bush setting by the Loddon River (which is more like a large stream at this point.) See map kindly put up by Mel, on post 157.

There is a ride organised for 10 am, 27th Saturday November leaving from the campsite. About 160 km, lots of dirt, Tinnman will lead the ride, but if you can't get there in time we will provide route directions and mark the odd tricky junction so you can do it independently.
    We will stop in Maldon or Newstead for those that need to vote.

BYO everything - water, beer, food, toilet paper and trowel.

Pubs near by, but not at the campsite.

See post #84 for local towns and what they have to offer in the way of supplies.

The best map, and the only accurate map, for the area is the Haymans Maps, Dalesford-Castlemaine-Ballarat Forest Activities Map. (Detail of map and campsite post 167)

Many maps show Hopkins Rd incorrectly, it is in fact a dead end dirt road and does not cross the river and join up with the Vauhan Drummond Rd at the southern end.

IF YOU ARE FROM VICTORIA, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE THIS WEEKEND!

We've noticed there are quite a few ADVers in Central Victoria and we'd like to meet you. :wave

Tinnman and I have had our heads together, we think it's time for a Central Victorian ADV Gathering, what do you folk think? We love this area and think that you lot will too - heaps of bush, pretty countryside, great riding covering a huge range from easy to scary, great camping spots and plenty of culinary delights to be had in some very cute towns.

Next question is where and how, here are some of our ideas:

1. Beer night, maybe at the Railway in Castlemaine.

2. Coffee and cake morning in Dalesford. Had to add the cake bit, Tinnman was mighty unimpressed with just coffee - he doesn't drink the stuff.

3. Camping weekend at Mt Franklin, near Dalesford and the Chocolate Mill. We'd suggest a warmer time of year for this spot as it's in an old volcano crater and can be rather cool in winter.

4. Central Vic Ride, which can be stand alone or incorporated in with any of the above.

5. A loop ride: Depending on where we all live, each person does a short ride from their locality which would link in with the next, the end result being a big loop with each section being led by the home town girl/boy. Every one would end up back at their own home or town, or the loop could continue endlessly.:D And we get to showcase the area to out of towners, why we'd need to showcase the area I don't really know, just thought it sounded good or something.

Final question would be when, please post suggestions if anyone is interested.
  2. Brendan J

Brendan J Pfft

Oddometer:
    Can a Melbournite come ?????:ddog
  3. triple hoe

triple hoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And a westerner....:ddog
  4. Mtrain

Mtrain free range

Oddometer:
    No fuck'n coffee mornings, Ill only come if I can eat cake:icy .

Yes any one is welcome to attend the umm........ what is it we're doing?:huh
  5. Mtrain

Mtrain free range

Oddometer:
    No triple hoe you cant come! your from the wrong side of aahh... Cairn Curran.:rofl
  6. triple hoe

Oddometer:
    the border frontier :gun2 :shoot and i have just been wanting to use this in a post :dllama
  7. Adventcha UnCut

Adventcha UnCut Wannabe

Oddometer:
    But he's from the right side of Langi Logan. Husky Girl & I are in the Central Region according to the Bureau of Meteorology - can we come too?

Adv uNCUT
  8. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    EVERYONE IS WELCOME
    We are all central to something, right? Even if it is me in my own world.:norton Which will be why I didn't make it clear in the first post.

Except Triple hoe because he posts really funny things when he's got to stay home and go to bed like a good boy.
  9. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    How can you be central all the way down there?

Since when did the Bureau ever get anything right?????????

:wave
  10. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    I'm very confused :dunno

The bureau doesn't get anything right:(:. Apparently we (Adventcha and I) are in the Central District and Central Victoria (because the signs do say so when you pass that way) is in the Northern district.
    Hmmm, I might need coffee and cake..........:becca

I suggest we debate this camping in a district :babe
  11. MacMan

MacMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2 x Sunburarians here. Far enough away from Melbourne to be happy to self apply Central Victorians as a term.

Coffee, cake and or camping all good.
  12. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun :)

I'm stuck with only the road bike until the shop releases my KLR from captivity but if it's after that then I'd like to come also.
  13. Mtrain

Mtrain free range

Oddometer:
    http://www.land.vic.gov.au/land/lcnlc2.nsf/childdocs/-418EED712A81C5AE4A256A0A0015CDC1-5DF1E2E5B878F6634A256A0A001DAC5C-F328327B03ACA437CA256E5F0013B842-C431AD1AE7F172D94A256A0E000FB8F7?open

So the bureau of meteorology are wrong cause they say we are north country, and all the local businesses here in Bendigo are right because every thing is "Central Vic..........", "Central Vic Plumbing", "Central Vic Dry cleaners".

Surprised me.:lol3

Geoff3DMN don't worry you'll have your KLR in time, by the time we pull our fingers out and organise something.
  14. tepe

tepe Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Miss J.,sounds like a great idea,it would be great to be able to put faces to some of the inmates.
    Would it be a good idea for those of us in the near vicinity of C'maine to have a get together and do a bit of planning? Maybe this wet W/E sometime if it suits?
    I was thinking just the other day that a tour that took in Mt Franklin, Mt Alex. and Mt Tarrengower {The Golden Triangle} using as much dirt as possible would be a pretty good ride, approx 100 +k, lots of opportunity for a huge variety of terrain. Let me know what you think. Cheers T.
  15. Mtrain

Mtrain free range

Oddometer:

Great idea :clap
    Sounds like the beginning of a plan.
  16. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I bet it rains.:deal
  17. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    Rain, in Central Vic, you gotta be joking...............................except for the last 24 hours any way.

Normally we don't do much rain, but we do have endless sunny days - hot in summer, frosts in winter, clear and sunny days. So chances of a beautiful weekend are very high.:D That's one of the beauties of this area.
  18. triple hoe

Oddometer:
    Can we go today:clap :clap pretty pretty please....
    we could go for a BBQ at Avoca:eek1
    [​IMG]
  19. Powermel1

Powermel1 Adventurer in Training

Oddometer:
    Is this when you need to put ait IN your tyes, yunno, the opposite of sand riding?

Sounds great Jane, can I ride, can I, can i?
  20. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are outfit riders from Keilor eligible:ear :wink: