My other Project was started today...

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by England-Kev, Apr 6, 2012.

1. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now winter appears to be behind us, I am able to start my H1b project, I am not in the fortunate position of having a garden shed or garge at my house, so I have to rent a garage in a block a short distance from my home, no light or power so I need the good summer daylight to work down there. not ideal, but there you are.
    So today I started.

The newly blasted and painted frame is on my small bike lift ready to go, and the bike is standing behind ready to be stripped of most of the parts, and even though I have most of the parts needed I am aware that there are still a couple of things missing, so as you can see I have a ways to go..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:freaky:clap:freaky
  2. anonny

anonny What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    I'm in, love them b's :lurk
  3. rangtangtang

rangtangtang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ummmm .. . . . . started or already finished? ... .doesn't look like there's much to be done.

Very nice scoot there!
  4. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Started, the complete bike is the doner, the bare frame is the project.

Now you will want to know why, it is because I bought the complete bike in a moment of blind stupidity, but it is made up of completely unrelated parts, as in, wrong frame, wrong motor, wrong numbers, wrong yoke, wrong everything.
    So I have since bought another 72 doner frame & motor etc, from the US, so that I can try to build a "correct" H1b.:cry
  5. Bongolia

Bongolia stop acting

Oddometer:
    They should rename this forum to the England-Kev Page.
  6. Bloodweiser

Bloodweiser honestly

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  7. killfile

killfile 49/50

Oddometer:
    Very nice Kev.
    We have such similar taste in bikes, I always love seeing your photos and your projects!

Any plans to do anything to improve that widowmaker's suspension?
  8. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Every time I make a little progress with this bike, I always seem to get kicked back :huh and today has been no exception.

As you can see I have made some progress, and I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt at cleaning up a triple...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have spent the best part of the weekend cleaning and degreasing my new motor, and today I thought I would get the bottom end in the frame, so I pulled the top end off the motor to go for vapour blasting and polishing, only to find that there are no small end bearings in the rods, no clips in the pistons, and the crank all rusty. I should have realised that something was wrong when every screw was loose, including the oil pump.
    So are cranks interchangeable across the H1 range, I have a later crank here that came with the bike, will that fit the earlier cases? and are all small end bearings the same? as I will need to find some of those. Oh well, it looks like a full engine build now as well then.:cry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who knows, I might even get it going this year. :eek1
  9. anonny

anonny What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    Kawasaki Triples Worldwide should have the answers to your questions or (my fav) Kawasaki Triples Canada......but you wanted to have the crank redone with fresh bearings and seals... no?

The triples also have the lab seal option if you are having the crank done and plan on keeping it. Get you wallet out Kev. :rofl