Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    I am starting my Trailtech Vapor install and was wondering how you guys installed the magnetic pickup on your bike, no sense in reinventing the wheel so to speak. Looking for pictures of the sensor down on the wheel.

Thanks
  2. 4TooMany

4TooMany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, what "caliber" is your key? Looks like a .45, but the case appears to be stepped. My friend and I are trying to figure it out.
  3. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    :lol3 i was trying to figure this out myself last nite :scratch but i got too tired:snore , if anything i'll wait till my neighbour cross the street get back in town he's got the same bike and device. He told me to wait he'll help me out on that. If i only can peak into his bike quickly:hide :D . i'll post up a pix soon as i get it done.
  4. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.
  5. singletrak

singletrak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What would you pay for a low mileage (less than 1000 miles), non running 2004 DRZ400s? Probably needs a carb cleaning and a battery. Bike is all stock and has not been run since 2006? $1000 to $1500?

Singletrak
  6. streetndirt

streetndirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I gave $3000 for a 2006 DRZ400s with 400 miles in January 2013. Battery was good but I had to clean the carb. I felt that was a good enough price.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
  7. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I paid $2000 for my 04 back in June. Stock except bars. 8600 miles. And it runs fine.
  8. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got the pack of o rings from discount auto. The brand was doorman... it was a assorted pack of viton o rings for like $10. Sucks to pay $10 for 1 o ring but I guess I different sizes of I ever need them. If I remember correctly the size needed was 8mmx1.5mm.

When you try to remove the seat from the carb body be sure to only grab the out side of the seat area. If you even slightly Nick the inside of the seat area the needle assembly will get hung up on it. I found that out the hard way.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 2
  9. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd jumper it and make sure it turns over strongly with good compression and no bad noises. Assuming nothing else is wrong, it's easily worth $1500, and probably considerably more.

- Mark
  10. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I haven't start with it yet but i have an idea of how to install it now, i got this youtube vid it shows u how to install the magnet bolt on wheel the mount wheel sensor to brake caliper.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lpI2-jDxw
  11. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delay.... it took me a while to find the pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. Plane Dr

Plane Dr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took a small piece of Aluminium. Notched it for a hose clamp. Then made a countersink for the fastener. The hose clamp (band clamp? Runs between the block and the sensor and wraps around the fork.

This way both sets of wheels have the magnet mounted the same distance from the axle rather than having the location based on the caliper. Which changes with the wheels.
  13. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That'd be a very fair price and typically your only looking at a carb clean and a battery but I worked on one once that needed a top end after sitting too long. There was corrosion on the piston and the rings were stuck. Not trying to scare you but realize you are taking a risk, albeit at that price not a very big one. Good luck.
  14. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
  15. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a right passenger peg bracket they don't want? I'm looking for one to cut up for the section the exhaust mounts to.
  16. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gadget, does the magnet goes on one of the allen bolt that hold the rotor ?? (like vid i posted earlier).
  18. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gadget...that's exactly what I needed! No worries on the delay since I got a head cold and don't feel much like working on the bike anyways. :D
  19. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. I used the bolt in magnet (replaces a disc rotor bolt)... I didn't trust glue to hold a magnet in place.

You might notice that I've rounded off the lower - outer edges of the sensor to get it all to fit better and pick up the magnet in my preferred location.
  20. Plane Dr

Plane Dr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't have a good spot on the other disk. Or couldn't find a "sweet spot" on both. I'm not running conventional SM rims so it was a little more complicated. One less thing as well when I change wheel sets. Just a brake line and spacer. Since I also run KTM guards no fiddling required.