Rotwieler air filter

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by timbo45, Aug 6, 2013.

1. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    I need a tune for a buddies 07 Adv 990 with 2-1 FMF exhaust and Rottweiller intake. I've been searching online for hours. WTF? Anyone have a tune that will work?
  2. GLRRA47

GLRRA47 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Recently installed a Rottweiler air intake and slip-ons on my 07 990. I used the tune from the CPR web site that Chris recommended. (1st one on the list. I think it was for 07-09 990 with intake and exhaust) I've not ridden the bike yet, (crappy spring here), but it started right up idled great and appears to be quite snappy at the throttle.
  3. unaweep

Oddometer:
    Thanks!:thumb
  4. johnno950

johnno950 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not on a 990 but,recieved a rotty for my 950 super enduro and i am happy with the build quality etc,etc.Got a chance to ride the bike today and it goes fantastic,nice people to deal with.
  5. muscly

muscly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I godt my dynoresult today, and tomorrow i will pick up my bike:clap
    I got CPR airfilter and a 2 into 1 Acra with insert.
    First dynorun it got 81bwhp
    After jetting it got 87Bwhp and a clean Dyno curwe :lol3
  6. Gix

Gix n00b

Oddometer:
    Tried to sell the bike earlier but decided to hang on to it for a while.

The bike had some hesitation in the 4K RPM area. I have tried a lot of maps and made some own tuning as well but I could never totally get rid of the hesitation and on top of all it stalled now and then.

To have one thing less that might interfere I took off the emissions crap. I don't know how people do it, but with my fat fingers there was no way to stay sane and install back the original airbox.

Installed the Rottweiler filter and the tune they have on their homepage. Perfect fit and high quality parts.

I'm very hesitant to recommend products but I will wear that Rottweiler t-shirt with pride. It is not the same bike anymore. No hesitation, smooth curve and when coming back on power it is very predictable....and it pulls like a beast! :D

I don't know how much is related to the tune and how much to the filter but the fact is that it works. For all of you that has had some issues with flatspots on the powercurve, this is the solution. This is the way the bike should have come from the factory. :happay
  7. jconly

jconly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    can anyone recommend a map for the filter w/ stock headers and leo cans, installed on a 07 w/ the newer cams (basically a 09 and later 990)

its fine if the map is for a newer bike w/ the same setup.
    i can always copy the values into a 07 map

thanks!
  8. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Theres a map from PowerTripp for 2-2 exhaust which works quite well. You'll have to copy all the tables into the 07 map.
  9. jconly

jconly Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You know, when I had the idea to install the cams.. I thought that was the case.
    Found the 2-2 map for the baffle-less Akra's, w/ BMC filter...
    But for some reason always thought that it had a Rott filter instead of BMC.

Just copied the tables over.
    Gonna give this guy a go.
    Should be good enough to get myself to PowerTripp for a proper map.

Question now is, do I throw a Rott header on before the dyno?
    Hmmm
  10. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely. You won't be disappointed
  11. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is rottweiler kit a good kit also for offroad?
    I have an adventure 990 s 2007 but I fear it is too noisy also for a touring use......is there a map ready for my bike?
    I have only akrapovich exaust.
  12. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few SDAR guys (San Diego Adventure Riders) are interested in installing the Rottweiler parts on our 990s. The trio would be the air filter that replaces the big air box, the snap out glove box and the dog house kit.

Chris agreed to walk us through the process at his shop in OC if we could get 5 riders together. If anyone from SD or OC is interested in either deal, we can run up there on a weekend and put in all three parts and do the mapping/tunes for free (just the cost of the parts).

It would be a group seminar as we followed along step by step at the shop on a Saturday. This would include free mapping from whatever map you choose.

Well, who wants to join me?

Dan
  13. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    + 1 ^ copy the F and L tables and the switching tables.
    I've got 45,000 miles on this tune. 40 mpg

'07 990 2 to1 with Rottweiler.

Max
  14. jconly

jconly Been here awhile

Oddometer:

So I went and did it. Copied all the tables over, running the newer cams, Rot filter, Leo cans. Sai off and removed, 02 on. TB's balanced.

I'm finding huge flat spots at 3-4k in each gear.
    Also he engine is struggling to find idle if I cut power @ high RPM. Pulling the clutch and coming to a quick stop results In a stall.

Thinking I need the custom tune.

Anyone have any experience with the PC Autotune?
  15. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    I only copied the F, L and F/L switching tables.
    When I tried to install a map with all the tables copied the bike barely
    ran.

Max
  16. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been a happy Rottweiler owner having one on my 07 990. I like the throttle response the power and the growl.

There are a lot of 990 owners posting on this thread, not so many 950 owners.

I'm building a 950 Adventure and I'd like to hear how you 950 owners like the Rottweiler? Performance, fuel consumption, easy access to the carbs... What do you like the most.

Thanks
  17. woodchuckexc

woodchuckexc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1. I just installed one on my 950. Im waiting on some shock parts so I wont be able to test it out for a couple weeks.
  18. Eataz

Eataz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since i installed my filter i have had the bike "sneeze" when releasing or holdning the throttle at about 3k rpm. I use the map from the CPR website 09 990 adventure R. My guess is that the bike dont get enough fuel at small throttle movements at low rpm. Im not a guru with tuneecu.

What would happend if i try the akra-map, will it run to lean or to rich? Think i read somewhere that it would run to rich, but that dont sound logical. My intension is to get a Power commander eventually, but that might take while.
  19. unaweep

Oddometer:
    I have it on my Super Enduro, along with a jet kit from Head2Wind.

:yikes

What an incredible boost in power!!!! Having the bulky air box gone is nice, as well. But, really, the increase in power just astonished me.

I put the ITG on my 990R, but I'm unhappy with the map. At 7000 rpms, it starts shaking and sputtering. I don't think the bike would hit the red line it runs so rough. :waysad

Still looking for a good map for a 2010 990R with akras. Seems everyone has taken them down from their sites, recently.:cry
  20. johnno950

johnno950 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got one on my se,same carbs etc...
    #performance is great,engine is a monster with the rotty
    #fuel consumption,she likes a drink
    #access to carbs,adv bit different to se,but with tanks off adv no dramas
    #likes,terrific bit of kit,easy to service,ride and enjoy.