2013 Spring Fling at the Cabins May 2-5, 2013

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JoeWannaB, Feb 8, 2013.

1. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
  2. It'sNotTheBike

It'sNotTheBike Banned

Oddometer:
    You expect people to be interested enough to block out time
    on their calendars?

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

By the way, that is some low class behavior, posting an obviously commercial ad in
    a regional forum.

The ad should be in VENDORS, because you are posting this with the clear intention of
    renting your cabins for the event you are advertising.

3. _anatic

_anatic Plated

Oddometer:
    I'll proley miss this one but I know y'all will have a blast. Post up lots of pics of the carnage.:lol3
  4. whitebreadadv

whitebreadadv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where did this guy come from?:norton

Joe, same as the other one, if I'm not out of town for work then I'll be there. I should know in a month or so. Hoping to at least make one of the two.
  5. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    .. these guys are cutting you serious slack .. and I am going to hold back a little myself ..

This EVENT notice is right where it belongs .. so before you screw something up for everyone else by shooting off your mouth about something you know absolutely nothing about you owe Joe an apology, at least, and should do some research before you flap your lips, at best ..

.. you obviously have absolutely no idea how much Joe has done for many riders in providing these EVENTS for beginner through advanced riders, and in promoting the riding community and keeping areas accessible to riders from around the world ..

Here's a few hard and fast facts for you ..
    1. Joe TAKES A LOSS financially EVERY time he hosts these events ..
    2. There is NO CHARGE for the rides, Joe and several guys DONATE their time and energy for the benefit of other riders ..
    3. What he charges is designed to help him break even on the expense of using the cabins (and their utilities) not make a financial windfall .. and HE PERSONALLY takes the hit from his financial partners if the bills are not covered AT THE SEVERELY REDUCED RATES he charges ..

.. the fact that he is one of the co-owners of a business and has the opportunity and WILLINGNESS to VOLUNTEER his time and energy in putting these events together makes your idiotic statements all the more appalling ..

Ironically enough, I can tell you that Joe is one helluva stand-up guy, as are the bulk of the men and women who attend these events, and despite your lack of knowledge and complete lack of courtesy, you would still be very welcome by Joe and among the group of riders whom attend these events annually ..

You would be VERY hard pressed to find a better man than Joe ..

.. as for the event itself .. Thanks (again) Joe for putting together another event this year .. I'll check my work schedule Joe and see if I can make this one (most likely) ..

I'll miss the Ice Breaker for sure since I have both training at work and have a fire academy test that weekend (yeah, all the "kids" get a real hoot out of the "50 y/o phart" busting his hump doing the drills and tests) .. lol .. I did all of these about 27 years ago when I was a volunteer down in Florida and I can tell you it has absolutely NOT gotten any easier .. lol ..

.. see ya in May guys .. ride Blessed ..
  6. Elvis Abides

Elvis Abides Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Haha. You're a dumbass. You remind me of keyboard jockeys on forums who say "learn how to use search" when someone asks a simple question.
  7. cultureslayer

cultureslayer geeky ninja

Oddometer:
    You are making me want a dual sport with all these great events. Do you ever plan anything that's more street oriented?
  8. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    There is definitely plenty of really good pavement out the front door of the cabins but I look at the twisty pavement as a way to get to the good gravel roads and trails. I guess I've gravitated to the dual sport riding because in the summer, the good pavement can be so crowded with tourist and crazies while the back country stuff is practically deserted. I do know of a few really nice paved rides that are unused during the summer and would be happy to point you in the right direction should you decide to join us.

Bill, Shane, Andrew and Alex,

Thanks for coming to my defense guys. I do host these events for a very selfish reason. They keep me sane. I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones every event. I remember the very first one I hosted back in May of 2009. IIRC I think about 3 riders showed up. It was raining the whole weekend. We spent all Saturday morning drinking coffee and shooting the breeze before heading out for a short ride. Last Fall we had the biggest event ever and I got to meet a whole slew of new friends plus a lot of the "Regulars" were there. What a great time. If I didn't have these rallies to look forward to, the grueling 7 days a week grind during the busy summer season at the cabins would really get me down.

Oh by the way, My canonization isn't until next week so I'm not a saint yet. :lol3:lol3:lol3
  9. throttledan

throttledan Intl Man of Intrigue

Oddometer:
    Sweet, been waiting for this ride to be announced!! Count me on the list to attend, last year was a blast, can't wait to see everybody again and break in my new T63 rear!!! :clap
  10. throttledan

Oddometer:
  11. RevBill

Oddometer:
    .. heh heh .. now I feel bad .. I should have said something to you about those pics sooner .. and before you even ask, yes, I will be going back through there again .. this time with a working rear brake .. lol ..
  12. throttledan

Oddometer:
    No worries, I got them as soon as they were posted and purchased a few. I meant to mention it to you earlier but didn't get a chance. The pics I bought have been my facebook profile pic, desktop background pic, and an 11x17 pic on my cubical at work!
  13. RevBill

Oddometer:
    .. sweet .. look forward to seeing you soon bud .. we need to make sure we get a beer or something more often ..
  14. shallowskiff

shallowskiff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might try to make the ice breaker or this spring fling Joe. I keep you posted.
  15. whitebreadadv

whitebreadadv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cultureslayer if you decide to check it out and you're riding in, I can help you string together a NICE paved route all the way from Morganton to the cabins :deal
  16. cultureslayer

cultureslayer geeky ninja

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer! I'm starting a new job on the 20th, so in a couple weeks I should have a better idea of which gathering I might be able to attend. This should be a good riding season for me since my parents just moved to Boone, so now I have somewhere free to stay in the mountains as well. :evil
  17. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Oi oi.

This looks fun. I want to jump in on the side of the bash Joe.

:lol3

Sadly, as always, I won't be able to make it. :( Already got plans to head out west 2 weeks after this for the Ricks RDV, don't think I can get two passes out that way so close together. :D
  18. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For cultureslayer: Absolutely primo asphalt riding's available in the area; mentioning just a few routes: Wayah Road, Cherohala Skyway, NC Route 28 between Deal's Gap and Franklin, NC . . .

(Road names corrected.)
  19. RevBill

Oddometer:
    .. just put in for the time off from the 1st to the 6th .. heh heh .. man I'm looking forward to this ..
  20. bess227

bess227 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Joe,

would really like to try to make it this year. you and whitebread were so gracious last fall to try and get me to come. the pig and i have "bonded" to the tune of about 4500 miles since then, and i am ready to try some gravel and fire stuff (not sure about single track).

thanks for putting this together.

and as has been said.....to Itsnotthebike......i have not gotten to ride with Joe and his guys, but they were certainly helpful to a noob when i first got this fever and they had no chance of financial gain from me. seem like a total class act.

really hope i can make it this time.