R1200GS Adventure & HP2 skidplates

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Twin headlight Ernie, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Twin headlight Ernie

Twin headlight Ernie Custom fabricated dual sport accessories

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, Just wanted to let you know that I have engine skidplates and centerstand skidplates ready for the R1200GS ADV as well as engine skidplates ready for the HP2. They look just like the skidplates I already make for the R1200GS but are sized to fit each model. They are made from 1/8" 3000 series aluminum and are hand fabricated and TIG welded.

The standard skidplate set in natural aluminum with shipping included in the USA runs $210.00.
    I also make a extra tall front lip option that runs an additional $30.00.
    The powdercoat option runs an additional $40.00 and takes about two weeks lead time.

I try to keep my products on the shelf all ready to ship and have very fast turnaround on the special order parts as well.
    I'm a one man shop start to finish so I'm the only one you'll have to work with.

I have pictures of my products on my smugmug at: www.twinheadlighternie.smugmug.com Lot of other cool bike pictures there too.
    It's best to reach me at: dakotabeemer@hotmail.com or you can try to catch me by phone at 507-643-8888.

Thanks for your support.
    Ernie
    (2HE)
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Ernie does great work and at very reasonable prices..

here's the picture of the skid plate and center stand plate for the 1200GS Adventure

Email Ernie directly, do not PM him, he's not on this site every hour like some of us... :rofl Ernie: dakotabeemer@hotmail.com

[​IMG]
  3. GB

Oddometer:
    Stock plate vs. Ernie's GS skid plate

[​IMG]
  4. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the pictures for me G.B. My web master (15 year old daughter) is out of town with friends on vacation. I've been asked if I can make the skidplates without the holes. Yes I can. Not a problem. The engine skidplate runs $120.00 and the centerstand skidplates run $50.00. I'll even knock off $10.00 for the guys that want the engine plate without the holes. I can be reached at dakotabeemer@hotmail.com. Thanks Ernie
  5. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Geoffrey, Just wanted to let you know that your skidplates went out today UPS. You should have them on monday. Thank you. Ernie
  6. usgser

usgser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a bump and an atta boy for Ernie. I bought one of his engine skid plates for my 12GS and it's class A no.1 workmanship!
  7. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Joe, Thanks for the atta boy. Nice to see that the workmanship is appreciated. It gives me something to do and keeps me busy when I'm not riding. I'm heading over to Druid's cabin to go riding in the Black River Falls area. It's close to 100 degrees now. Makes you feel sorry for those poor guys that are trying to roof a house today. Thanks again for the complements. Ernie
  8. GB

Oddometer:
    I just a whole bunch of new scratched to the bottom of my Ernie skid plate.. still holding tight and looking great. Thanks Ernie :thumb
  9. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Ron, Just wanted to let you know that Charlie's HP2 skidplate went UPS ground today and your HP2 skidplate and R1200GS ADV skidplate will go out UPS tomorrow. Thank you very much for the order. Enjoy Baja.
    Twin headlight Ernie
  10. GB

Oddometer:
    I just got my August MOA's ON magazine and there's a nice picture of Ernie's GS plate on Page 50. Nice job Ernie :thumb
  11. commo_soulja

commo_soulja Supa Thumpa Pilot

Oddometer:
    Ernie,

Do you offer a skidplate for the F650GS?
  12. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Last winter I made a centerstand skidplate for the F650GS for a friend in Janesville. (she rocks by the way) I made a couple extra and have them available now. They have the same style construction with the bent sides and heavy duty mounting brackets with stainless steel countersunk hardware. No engine plate as of yet. Maybe someday. Price on the centerstand skidplate is $50.00. Thanks for the interest. Ernie
  13. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to let you know that I will be vending at the Wisconsin Dells rally Sept 8th, 9th and 10th. I'll have lots of skidplates and other dualsport goodies to look at. Hope to see you there. Ernie
  14. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Rich, I shipped your skidplates UPS today. You could have them as soon as begining of the week. Thank you for the order. Enjoy. Ernie
  15. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Stephen, I got your check in the mail today. I got your R1200GS engine skidplate boxed up and ready to go UPS on monday. You should have it in two days. Thank you for the order. Keep me in mind for the matching centerstand skidplate. They were built to work together. Ernie
  16. raysuf

raysuf Lost

Oddometer:
    Hey Ernie, I don't know if you saw Bill Shaws article in the Motorcycle Consumer News. He gave you skid plate a short, but good review. Congrats.
  17. J-Dash

J-Dash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Ernie, if you're reading this post still please check your email. I want to order a engine and centerstand skidplate set pre-drilled so they bolt right up for my 2005 R1200GS.

Thanks, and great looking products!
  18. GB

Oddometer:
  19. J-Dash

J-Dash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did right before I posted that because I saw you had mentioned that earlier in this thread. Thanks and I can't wait to get mine.
  20. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey J-Dash, Your package is on the way. Thank you for the order. Enjoy. Ernie