Chix in the Stix, No. Six - so they tell me

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Miss Jane, Jan 9, 2013.

1. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    I work from home on Friday's if I'm a good girl and get up early I could put in a few hours early afternoon, after my haircut :evil

Where are we going where are we going where are we going? :lol3 Just pulling out gear for the music festival this weekend, so start for the following as well. Ordering hot weather gear :eek1
  2. Miss Jane

Miss Jane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Ok girls, here's the plan .... At long last.

Big River Rd it is, we can camp at the Chaffe Creek site by the river and go for a swim. Might be nice with all this hot weather. Big River Rd heads south off the Alexandra Jamieson Rd, it is easy dirt, no technical bits to speak of. The campsite is about 5km from the northern end of Big River Rd.

If you want a bit of adventure, meet me 10am in Yea - Marmalades of course, and I try a dirt route through to Marysville. I won't have pre-ridden it, so can't tell you what it will be like.:evil. From Marysville we can ride the Big River Rd from the south - and slide round lots of gravel corners :clap. Well ..... others may be able to do the sliding thing.

Here's a link with information and the campsite on it: http://http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/101742/Lower_Big_River_Recreation_and_Camping_Guide.pdf

Sorry I took so long to decide, was worried about fires.

Hope you all like the sound of it.
  3. Powermel1

Powermel1 Adventurer in Training

Oddometer:
    Jane, sounds great, time to think about packing. :norton
  4. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am off today for my "Postcards for Jardine" adventure. :wave

All going well I will meet you at Marmalades in Yea at 10am on Saturday. :D
  5. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    Great stuff Canary, have a wonderful time and we will see you at Marmalades. :clap
  6. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to catching up, Sue :wave

It sounds fantastic:happay
    Always ready for a bit of adventure... :brow (especially when in starts at Marmalades :rofl)
    Is that a 10am departure?... meaning that time for coffee and cake will need to be put in before 10-ish! :lol3

Have already been training lots for the Chix-weekend since my arrival in Oz... (actually... I have hardly had a day without riding :wink:)
    Waiting while the tourleader checking the map and negotiating the GPS :D (great ride, Jane :clap)
    [​IMG]

Laughs at camp...
    [​IMG]

At the moment visiting and exploring great roads in SA...
    [​IMG]

Looking forward to seeing you all :clap

Have a great ride, Canary. Looking forward to hear about it :clap
  7. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    Good point GS Dane, meet at 10am for a 10:30 departure, at Marmalades in Yea. maybe get there earlier if you want a big breakfast AND cake with coffee.:D
  8. SCHEVY

SCHEVY When's the Next Ride

Oddometer:
    G'day Miss Jane & chix,
    Will there be large amounts of blacktop or more dirt road riding from Yea to Marysville? Am thinking of knocking off work early on Friday, head up in the arvo, check in some accomodation somewhere, then meet you all on the Saturday morning, then pick up the car & trailer on our way back through on Sunday. Which town do you reckon would be a good one for me to join your convoy on your way through?
    Am excited......
    Cheers
    Marls :thumb
  9. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    I will be aiming to do as much dirt as I can from Yea. But let me have a really good look at the maps and I will give you a better idea of distances and possible meeting spots.

Getting exited now, looking forward to catching up with you all.
  10. jude

jude Not so n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi to all!
    So the plan is made!
    Weather for weekend sounding coolish and some showers- for Melb anyway, haven't checked the trip area......
    Time to pack!- thought I better check what was in my tool tube as so long since last big trip had forgotten what was in there.....opened up and couldn't get the cloth tool bag out.....lots of tugging (accompanied by ripping noises!!!) revealed a bunch of rusted tools and bag.....oh, dear.....oh well, now to clean them all up...
    See you all at Yea!
    Jude
  11. grumpyoldbstrd

grumpyoldbstrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh bugger, I forgot to mention all the leeches in Big River.

Only gagging. Have fun you beautiful people.
  12. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    Grumpy you are a naughty boy. :lol3

Weather forecast for Mansfield is 22 degrees and dry for both Saturday and Sunday. :clap I'm still taking bathers.

Chevy, I've got a route sorted out and it's mostly dirt from Yea to camp.

Here's the rough plan: Yea to Narbethong on dirt, about 12km of sealed road to Marysville, then the Woods Point Rd and finally The Big River Rd all the way to camp, which is most of it.
  13. SCHEVY

Oddometer:
    Cool Miss J, will find somewhere to stay in Yea & will let you know the details, so you can pick me up on the way through......have no idea where Marmalades is :huh.....M
  14. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    The pub next door to Marmalades is OK, The Country Club Hotel.

http://publocation.com.au/pubs/vic/yea/country-club-hotel-yea

Maybe we'll join you on Friday night if that's OK with you, girls night on the town and breakfast in Marmalades on Saturday am.:clap
  15. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    Chevy it was such a good idea to stay in Yea, GSDane and I are booked in on Friday night. So we'll see you there.
  16. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    Ohhh me too? What time are you leaving, have to get my hair done before I go.
  17. SCHEVY

Oddometer:
    :clap:freaky Fantastic! i've got a room across the road from where you guys are staying , so will wander over when I get there.... Aiming for around 6ish..i'm sure i'll find ya's :lol3.... Bike's primed & ready to roll...very interesting...KTM 500 EXC converted into an Dual Sport...gave her a test ride this evening & all is good.....Lightning McQueen will be able to keep up with you all now as well as ride Erzberg.....:rofl c u then....m
  18. Miss Jane

Oddometer:
    You've got the best of both worlds with that bike, especially as the rest of the fleet will be carrying some stuff and extra fuel for you. :rofl

I will have tent, and all cooking gear plus dinner (I can't put gluten in my pots so easiest if I just bring dinner for you too) and fuel bladder. Mel is bringing a sleeping mat for you. Anything else you need?

GSDane and I are aiming for 6:30 arrival in Yea. :clap
  19. SCHEVY

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, you are all too good. Don't worry about the sleeping mat, as I've managed to get one of those on the back of the bike, on the top of my tank bag!!!???? Fuel, yes, but I will fill that up in Yea & will do a refuel at Marysville too... Food I have sorted too but will never say no to any extra...ha ha ha...not long to go now & all of you ride safe...... excited big time :clap
  20. Powermel1

Powermel1 Adventurer in Training

Oddometer:
    Schevy mat discarded. you are welcome to use our pots if you want your own tucker. Now have room for pre-dinnery nibblies and refreshments. Red or white?