How fookn HARD can it be??

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BOOTLACE, Apr 10, 2015.

1. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please. Help me me with this.....I have the pleasure of riding to Melbourne airport every week, and back the week after. Rotating, round about, sometimes daytime, sometimes nite...
    But ALWAYS we have a little issue in that car drivers don't seem to be able to read/ understand this sign. Not even Mr. &. Mrs plod seem to be able to 'Get it'.
    WTF? As anyone who has spent a little time riding in Europe will tell you, they don't even NEED a fucking sign there!

Bloody.

[​IMG]
  2. Perthite

Perthite roo waker upper

Oddometer:
    yeh but if ya a lazy fuck bein' in the fast lane means ya don't havta bother about overtakin'.............
  3. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:
    The aMericans have the same problem but of course its the left lane.

That thread ran for a month in JM :deal
  4. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    I see the opposite on the Hume around here where in their enthusiasm to get back into the left lane they'll spear back in front of a B double with a coupla metres to spare :eek1 even though there is plenty of real estate to play with. No idea of what it takes to pull one of those big suckers up if something goes wrong.
  5. JohnG.

JohnG. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just usual daily shet as a truck driver... melbourne taxis on the citylink FFS
  6. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Usually at least one car load...

I think I'd prefer people to first learn that a rear vision mirror is something you should look at more often than just when you wish to park your car.

And then they might notice my truck about 10' behind them matching their 90kmh in a 100 zone... :evil

And it'd help if they realised you need to accelerate to get up a hill, most seem capable of getting close to the speed limit going down hill only to wipe off 20k h at the next grade.

What was this thread about again???
  7. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why don't they get booked ?
    You see them everyday driving along in the right lane, mobile phone up to their ear and no -one ever seems to get done for it.
    5 kms over ? They are right onto it,if they want to collect revenue why don't they start fining for this shit, it's all bucks in the coffers isn't it ?
  8. Reklaw59

Reklaw59 Faster than your Nan.

Oddometer:
    Democratic Republic of Western Australia.
    Ever been to Perth?
  9. gavo

gavo Slacker

Oddometer:
    Should make the left lane the fast lane that would fix the fuckers
  10. rossguzzi

rossguzzi Started on Montesa.

Oddometer:
    I often just get in the left lane and its clear sailing past the IMPORTANT people in the rh lane.
    Now I have ridden in Eurip, and no I would not do it there !

Perth drivers, gota be the WORST !
  11. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
    It's very annoying but it's pointless to worry about it.:D

Aus is obsessed with speed limits and the inforcement of them.
    So the concept of a fast lane is an anathema to most. :1drink

In Europe you can be doing 160 in a 100 zone :D and the expectation is if someone wants to go faster, move over. :evil
    I can hardly go a day driving around Perth without seeing a speed camera of some description.

It's a cultural thing and it's not changing anytime soon.
    The signs are a complete waste of time and money. :1drink
  12. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:

:huh Neil hand back your man card, NOW!!!
  13. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:

Oops :1drink
  14. Tenerrod

Tenerrod Make it shiny

Oddometer:
    :baldy

Can't merge, can't use indicators at roundabouts.
    Cant use roundabouts.
  15. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    your motorbike will fit round the barrier arms and you can park for free in the short term carpark (under the park royal), for as long and as often as you want.

incase you didnt already know

how you deal with the knobs between the airport and your place is up to you :lol3
  16. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    I was just having a bitch about this very thing on my way home from work yesterday.

I passed a line of 4 cars that were all doing 90 in the right lane while I was doing the 100 speed limit in the left lane.:huh

My wife is bad for it, I keep reminding her about the rule (it is law here if the speed limit is above 80 you must keep to the left lane in multi lane roads), but she insists she is passing the person that is way ahead of her in the left lane and there is about 2kph difference in there speed.

But she is also a very selfish bitch as soon as she gets behind the wheel.:lol3
  17. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
  18. Tomdog

Tomdog Mapaholic

Oddometer:
    Bloody enoying all right.
    M1 between GC and Brisbane the left lane is usually the fast lane by default now while cages sit in the right at their speedometer indicated 110, which in most vehicles is between 6 & 10% reading fast.
    You'd soon get the message doing that in Europe.
  19. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    Forget Perth, you've just described Canberra drivers to a "tee". And now their moving out around Yass so their cars are camouflaged with NSW plates. Should be a lot of those dickheads happy that I ride instead of driving a T604 KW
    The Barton "Highway"; where 85 is the new 100 (except in overtaking lanes where it briefly becomes 120)
  20. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Yup, ACT drivers make the rest look like Nikki Lauda.

It is systemic on Australian roads. The average Aussie driver can't actually drive for shit. A licence in this country merely means that you managed to operate a vehicle and not hit anything, which is very different from actual driving in a busy and co-operative shared environment.

Unaware, uneducated, uncaring, useless. I got sick of whining about them, it just made me angrier, so now I just avoid them as far as possible and try not to let one of them kill me.

If the gubbermint was serious about road safety, they would have to cancel half the licences currently issued. EVERY time I hit the highway I see suicidal driving, that also threatens my own personal safety, but I have to put up with it because there is zero enforcement unless you go over the speed limit by 5 k's. Absolute MORONS who will sit behind for kilometres, just off the rear bumper, with clear road ahead, then pull out and overtake when there's a blind bend or crest 50 metres ahead with solid double lines. EVERY time I go out on the highway. Why the road isn't lined with wrecks is beyond me, I seriously don't understand how these fucksticks keep getting away with it.

Serious question, how do they not die?

And here's one for the heavy vehicle drivers : You are NOT special. You are just another road user in a shared environment with many different levels of driving skill and ability. If you find it too hard, get another job and the rest of us will feel safer. Professional drivers don't tailgate, don't speed, and don't run other motorists off the road.