The Offical Pachaug Trail Thread

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by leonphelps, Aug 1, 2008.

?

Have you ridden Pachaug Trail before?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I have not but I want to!

4. I am scared to ride it....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I here ya. The 498 is a good all around choice if you can't swing two bikes. Lots of wheelie power for when you go to the store. It won't be long before we are checking brushes and connections on our motors instead of changing the oil.
  2. P 0 P E Y E

P 0 P E Y E Bald rider

Oddometer:
  3. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    The NETRA Banquet was a far nicer event than I expected. Props to the organizers for pulling off such a nice event. Major stiffies for trials fans too. One of the coolest was this electric kids trials bike.

[​IMG]

I parked next to these guys. Amazing classic bikes.
    [​IMG]

Some more trials smut...
    [​IMG]

And this was my booth. It was the first time I got to roll out the new logo. I will be adding it to the website and products soon. I laid down a nice leather hide on the table and set up on that. All I can say is that the product line will get better, not worse. I have some nice new sewing machines now and things are really looking up for this year. More on that in due time. :D
    [​IMG]
  4. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Perhaps you will be making some inexpensive handlebar arrowing bags,people use wife's old purses...or shove them on the chest protector
  5. mpellet

mpellet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was in the dealership recently and they had a new KTM 500 EKC on the floor. Been somewhat captivated with the bike ever since and am thinking about getting one. Curious, if anyone here is currently riding the KTM 500 EXC in the New England woods, if so how do you like it??

PS: I am large and somewhat experienced and am interested specifically in the 500 EKC, not recommendations or reasons to buy something smaller.

Thanks in advance.........
  6. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I don't think you'll find much argument that the 500exc is one of the best bikes you could buy, especially for a heavier guy doing mixed terrain. Perfect in my opinion.

7. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Funny you mention that. I saw a handlebar bag on a KLR at the IMS in December. I took a picture and intended to put my own spin on it. It looked like a very handy place to keep some small items for easy access. A bag made especially for a staple gun and a stack of arrows would be easy too. I will see what I can come up with.
  8. sledstorm1

sledstorm1 CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Oddometer:
    There are a few guys riding them. nothing but good things so far.. You know what I say if you can pick it up, it's a good
  9. sparrow

sparrow Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hope all is well with you or is that tomorrow?
  10. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    New ball joint installed, stayed over night and I'm home already.. Hard to believe the hardware is in there, Very little pain...Walking with a cane for a couple weeks.. Notice the super glue job!
    [​IMG]
  11. motogo1

motogo1 I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer:
    Great to hear all went well. :clap
  12. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    Great to have this kind of technology around! :ricky
  13. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, back in the old dYs they would just put a bullet in our head.:D

They would mold up some old whale bones. I didn't know you were going in but glad your ok.
  14. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    wanted to get it done last year but I didn't have enough time.. it stunk knowing that one of my buddies got his done and I had to wait.. it was good seeing how his progress went though...
  15. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Ed glad you're okay get better soon!!!

Life is good!
  16. nobody

Oddometer:
    Is that a hip or knee?
    Glad youre ok man!
  17. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    That is a genuine hip resurfacing job. I finally won't have to mount my bike from the right side or put the kickstand down to get on, nevermind shoe laces and socks whiich were a bitch... here is a little video. I had the birmingham process.

http://www.stefankreuzermd.com/hip-resurfacing.html
  18. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    That's ok, I'll pass on the gory details. Just glad you're on the mend. It's really amazing how fast they get you on your feet after a major surgery like that, literally hours. Here's to a complication free recovery. :freaky
  19. nobody

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap
    One of your club guys had both replaced recently I believe,huh?
  20. sledstorm1

Oddometer:
    That was Gary Mikalson, he's the one who turned me onto the doctor. He just had the one hip done around the time of the Black and Blue enduro last year. I wanted to get it done then but work constraints killed it.. Jim Mitchell had both his knees done at the same time 1 1/2 ago. Amazingly I can do twice as much each day. I amazed how smooth this is going... The pic of the bruise is actually twice as big as that now though, but it doesnt hurt