New SPIDI VENTURE available in the USA from October

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <hr size="1">Hi adventurers,
    The new Spidi Venture H2Out jacket, the middle range product for adventure and tourism riding will be available in the USA from October.

[​IMG]

Spidi Venture is a 3 layer jacket, waterproof, windproof and insulating.

It comes stock with a 200gr third inner liner with aluminium inserts. Aluminium helps keeping the body heat inside the jacket with minimal dispersion.

The second liner is a H2Out jacket, waterproof/windproof, with 2 pockets and a drawstring around the waistline. His high collar provides an extra protection against chilly air.

The external shell is made of Tenax polyamide with Tenax Flex stretches on shoulders blades. It has CE Force Tech protectors for shoulders, elbows/forearms. As optional, Spidi Venture can be equipped with Warrior chest and back protector and Spidi Safety Lamp for night riding.

Spidi Venture is available in BLACK, GRAY, BLACK/ANTHRACITE, ICE.

Price: 499,99 USD

No matter where you'll be riding. With Spidi Venture you have the perfect gear for every situation.

Stay tuned, many news to come...
  2. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    How does this compare to the Ergo 05 or the Commando for warmth? Assuming all the liners are in (I think the Ergo and Venture each have 2, but the Commando has one?)... which one would you say is the warmest?

(Getting this info online is tough.)
  3. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Broadwayron,
    the ERGO 05 is nowadays the warmer jacket we have in our catalog. It is a 3 linings jacket, with a H2Out waterproof and breathable membrane and a wadding lining covered with an Aluminum foil. However, the main difference between ERGO 05 and the VENTURE is in the outer materials. The ERGO 05 has, in fact, a Cordura shell wich is thicker and more insulating, though the Tenax Polyamide outer shell of the VENTURE is smother and more comfortable.

The COMMANDO jacket is a 2 lining jacket: it has the H2Out waterproof membrane tapet to the outer shell, and the wadding lining without the Aluminium foil.
    The Aluminium foil is important for diffusing the body temperature all over the trunk and not only on the shoulders, where it naturally tends to flow.

So, in the end, this is your question answer:

ERGO 05 – warmest
    VENTURE – warmer
    COMMANDO - warm
  4. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    Between the Ergo 05 and the Venture...
    Your website says the Ergo has a 150g/m2 liner and the the Venture has a 250g/m2 removable insulating liner.

2 questions:
    1) Do they have the same H2OUT liner?
    2) Wouldn't the Venture's 250g/m2 be a lot warmer than the Ergo's? I don't know much about the g/m2 scale in real life.

(I understand what you said about the Ergo's shell being warmer than the Venture's shell.)
  5. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    You're welcome,
    as you noticed, the VENTURE has a thicker lining than the ERGO 05: the VENTURE has a 200gr/mq lining instead the ERGO 05's 150gr/mq lining. The reason is that the outer shell of the ERGO 05 is designed and conceived for cold climates and it's really good insulating by itself, therefore it only needed a 150gr/mq lining for being the perfect jacket for winter and cold rides.

The VENTURE, on the other hand, was conceived as a multi purpose jacket, the outer shell (made inTenax Polyamide instead of ERGO 05's Teflon treated Cordura) is less insulating and, as you can see by the many vents, it's devoted to a cold-to-temperate use.

Moreover, the H2Out membrane it's not the same between the two jacket. They are both 100% water and windproof, but the ERGO 05's is also a little more insulating, thanks to his thickness.

Hope this helped with your doubt.
  6. Marcin

Marcin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo

My wife was very impressed with venture jacket (one of the dealers near us started to carry spidi brand) unfotunately they did not have her size but thay said they will have by the end of the week. My question is, spidi venture is that a unisex jacket or there is a women specific jacket ? Pleas let me know so i can call my dealer and let them know that i need women specific one.

Thanks
    Marcin
  7. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Marcin,

I'm glad that dealer started to carry on Spidi. Many shops are applying for Spidi dealership in the last few months, thanks to strong request of high quality items in the USA.
    Venture jacket is available in Man and Lady version.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The construction and the materials of the 2 jackets are almost the same, but the fit is very different. Lady sizes go from Lady XS to Lady XL. Venture Lady is not Safety Lamp ready and has 2 external pockets (not 5 as mens).

Colors available are same as per man (Ice / Black / Anthracite / Grey ).

In the image, you can notice the 3-in-1 Step-in-clothing system that caracterize the jacket, giving you maximum freedom of adapt the jacket to the weather conditions you're facing.

[​IMG]

Spidi Venture Lady is available in USA since January 2012.

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  8. totomoto

totomoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a Level 2 back protector that fits into the Venture Lady jacket? Does it have a connection zipper?
  9. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi totomoto,

level 2 is possible under Venture Lady only with this version:
    http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorcycle-protective-gear/back-warrior-evo.html

Jacket use groin straps system to connect to lower part of body.

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  10. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to bring back this old topic, but can you fit a Warrior Evo CE Level 2 back protector inside of the men's version instead of the Compact version?
    The Compact is only level 1, so I am interested in better protection. Does it fit in that back protector pocket?