Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Railbender

Railbender Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Most of us that own Ural are considered to be a little over the edge. :smile6

:freaky
  2. Navy CWO

Navy CWO Salty

Oddometer:
    I used the procedures outlined in Grok's 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM entry. Worked great and my RT is much smoother than before (using Carb Mate). Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!:clap
  3. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great news!

That procedure should be useful for many twins with separate, cable-actuated, carbs. There may be differences in the vacuum connections or petcock details, but the basic information should hold.

Glad I could help.
    -Mark
  4. japako

japako Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased the Harmonizer and used it to sync the throttle body on the Super Tenere. It worked like a charm.

Now I went back today to change some settings and it was not acting the same way. Also the rpms are all over the place and at times it will stay at 7600rpms. I have never used it over 3000.

Do you think there may be a problem with mine? It is such a great tool and I enjoy using it.
    Thanks
    Jim
  5. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll send you a PM. We'll get it sorted for you!
    -Mark
  6. martinh

martinh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got my harminizer and did the TBS on my ST. They were saying to move the right screw 270deg. and then sync the left carb. All I did is move the right screw/ right carb to sync it to the left carb. It works fine no problems so far.
  7. DDT Rider

DDT Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Harmonizer came last night!!! :clap

However, I went out this morning to have a bit of a try before a late departure fro work...and I was unable to budge the vacuum tubes at all. :cry

They seem petrified on there...who knows the last time they were off for adjustment...
  8. japako

japako Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to say what a great guy Grok is to deal with!!
    I had a Harmonizer go bad and Grok replaced it immediately. That was the quickest shipping I have ever seen.

You can't beat his customer service or the Harmonizer. It's a great product.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  9. stickman1432

stickman1432 Crusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So.Cal.& St George UT-Baja-riding anywhere
    Ordered one tonight and can't wait to use it in Yuma.............:wink:
  10. Lmo1131

Lmo1131 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered mine on 10/02 and the postgirl dropped it off this morning. And just in time... I had to do an unplanned carb teardown this week.

No printed instructions included, but the first page of this post should suffice. Much smaller than I thought it would be, smaller is always gooder...
  11. Lmo1131

Lmo1131 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HA!!! Here I am actin' like I know WTF I"m doin' !!! Instruction?!?!? It don't need no stinkin' instructions!!!

Your Harmonizer is absofreakin'lutely the simplest, coolestest... mostest accurate-est tool I have!!!

I'm going to balance everything again tomorrow just cause it's so much fun!!!

[​IMG]
  12. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    Now there's an endorsement !
    Thanks for the feedback!
    -Mark
  13. GS Addict

GS Addict Pepperfool Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got mine a few days ago and have done some balancing..........
    A first class, well priced product that does what it should.
    I especially like the self calibration function, and had to train myself not to look at the bike's tach.
    Thanks Grok! :thumbup
  14. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Glad you like it!
  15. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great product - Got mine this week. Velcro'd the back of it to my RID and took off after zeroing it. Rode at all rpm's to 6K . Made some little tweeks and vola - Spot frickin on. It is almost toooo easy.
    One question tho. When would I use the gauge mode? What does it tell me?

Thanks again for a great product.
  16. bug1

bug1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Had my bike..1150gsa... serviced by the local BMW dealer today. Whilst there we put the Harmonizer up against the BMW equipment. The measurements were identical. All the technicians are now considering purchasing the Harmonizer as they have the share the BMW equipment. Have tried it myself and would be hard pressed to find anything easier to use. Great product Grok:thumb
  17. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello sir,
    The gauge mode is simply a heavily damped vacuum gauge with a readout in inches of mercury. While in gauge mode, the tachometer function is scaled differently depending on whether you use the yellow or red port.

The vacuum gauge function is useful for tuning mixture on carburetors (see post #235 for an example). In this regard it will work for singles or multiple carburetors. It is also potentially useful for some limited diagnostics, like checking for vacuum leaks.

The higher the vacuum reading, the more efficiently the carburetor is functioning for a given RPM.
  18. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the report!

The Harmonizer is being used in BMW shops here locally. I expect it could become more widespread. The BMW equipment isn't very portable. The techs I've spoken with especially like the built-in tach function and the portability. It helps them get their jobs done faster and with less hassle!
  19. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    First order to Russia!
    Thanks Felix in St. Petersburg!
  20. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Grok - I must have the smoothest running GS 1150 in the world now...:evil. It feels so RIGHT!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.