Fuel pump or battery?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by AlmostUpright, May 27, 2013.

1. AlmostUpright

AlmostUpright UprightAlmost

Oddometer:
    So I have searched a bit on here and really have come up short as to what my issue might be. I have a 2008 990 ADV that I replaced an o-ring on the fuel pump due to it piddling gasoline onto my garage floor (the fuel pump was replaced last fall). I also had a dead battery (original) that I figured I might as well replace while I have the bike in pieces. I replaced the original battery with a Shorai. Put the bike back together and now it will turn over but no kaboom. Anybody else ever experience anything like this? Checked my fuses, petcocks, etc. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.
  2. gefr

gefr Life is a trip

Oddometer:
    Try to separate this noise from the stepmotors checking their boundaries.
    Cheers.
  3. AlmostUpright

AlmostUpright UprightAlmost

Oddometer:
    All the start up chatter is normal, fuel line is getting pressure. Checked the plug for spark and is ok.
  4. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have found that the Shorais need the be charged to a level where they are holding 13+ volts after charging. Check out their web site. Fully charged is 13.8 volts as I recall. I have found that they won't start my 300 when below 13 volts. I have had to put mine on an old school automotive charger for a SHORT charge to get the initial charge up high enough. Don't burn it up!!!