Anyone been down Billy goat bluff to lately

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Rusberg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Rusberg

Rusberg Live your dreams

Oddometer:
    Riding from Melbourne to Dargo tomorrow via licola with loaded 990. Thought I would go down Billy goat bluff tk and save some time. Am fairly experienced rider. Is this wise or not? Anyone else done it lately?
  2. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bussiest time of year on billy goats with every 4 wd and their kelpie going up and down. Licola has the cattlemans on....REALLY bad time to be up there. If you must go, be VERY carefull of oncoming traffic , take a spare air filter to cope with the dust... and ear plugs to cope with the music because EVERY camp site will have music. Bring on the end of the silly season so we can have our high country back:deal
  3. Rusberg

Rusberg Live your dreams

Oddometer:
    Thanks for advice, will proceed with caution.
  4. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you get up there and realize there is too much traffic, try back tracking to old moroka rd, then from briagalong take insolvent instead of freestone ( which will also be busy).
  5. KIZ

KIZ Marty

Oddometer:
    Went down it mid November and it was rough and loose. It is also very steep for a long way. Its a struggle for a loaded 650,I wouldent advise taking a big bike up or down unless you are experienced on hilly terrain.:evil
  6. Rusberg

Rusberg Live your dreams

Oddometer:
    Went down on sat lots of loose rocks dropped it on last steep section needed help to pick it up, no damage, the engine bars saved it , it was a wild ride coming down, another off the check list
  7. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Good stuff Rusberg. The one time I went there it was real filthy, and my riding buddy had a bike that simply wasn't going to make it up the last bit.

The biggest laugh was the pair of 4X4's that encouraged us at the bottom with tales of how do-able it was, then turning around in themselves fear at the helipad.:lol3

And yes, it is still on my bucket list. I might wait until it looks like some of the videos I have seen posted, all graded and smooth and fit for a Harley......
  8. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    ah ha thanks....thats the road the non payers used.... TripodTiger was asking me about...he couldnt remember the name ...neither could I ..I not gunna tell him anyway....:fyyff