MotoGP: Holland Days (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    More tracks left, that suit Honda better (on paper at least). Dani's the red hot favorite now. I don't think he's overjoyed by what happened today, though.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    No doubt about that.
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    +1
    I think I mentioned this a few races ago but I think DP saw how last year turned out when he wasn't fighting some sort of injury all year long. Held a little back in the early part of the season then went silly with wins later on and nearly won the championship. I realize he was slowed a little in the early part of last year with front tire issues but IIRC he did say that he approached the early stages of last year with some caution in order to be healthy for end of the season.
  4. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    Not sure how these things work...... Will there be some new faces (as in factory types) in Cal's garage in the morning?
  5. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    He started winning after he got the new chassis didn't he? Not to say your analysis isn't correct.
  6. K2vodka

K2vodka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree that this is Pedrosa's chance to finally win a championship... but he has another Spaniard who will have a say and an Italian who may end up throwing a few wrenches in the works.

Lorenzo shouldn't be out too long since the collarbone is the best bone to break if one has to go. He shouldn't miss a race but will be severely hampered for a couple and who knows after that.

It obviously all depends on the severity of the break and his ability to heal it.

Fingers cross that this doesn't blow the championship wide open. If Rossi is going to be a factor now is the time for him to show it. Crutchlow will also be pushing it hard since he wants a factory ride next year. This could throw extra gas to the fire if his added "ambition out weighs his skill" (reference from Stoner to Rossi) and takes out himself and a leader.

Should be interesting!
  7. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    :wink:
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Definitely it was the new chassis or a suspension change that allowed the bike to work better with the new front tire but I also think DP turned it up a notch. The head to head battle with JLo that he won and also causing Stoner to bin it in Germany while trying to keep up with DP. That race with JLo was a turning point for Pedrosa mentally IMO. I don' think I was the only one to recognize that instead of what we were used to seeing where DP would seem to settle he fought back and won. I just think in some of the races this year where DP has been passed towards the end and hasn't mounted much of a retaliation we are seeing what we saw at the beginning of last year and then in the 2nd half of the year he didn't back off.

Just one junkies opinion. It's possible I'm clueless.
  9. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    It seems like it's never any one thing. I agree that DP has shown more of a fiesty side the last couple years. I like it. I like all the front runners these days. It's hard to decide who to root for. But I'd like to see DP with a MotoGP championship or two before he's done. This year seems like the best chance he's ever had.
  10. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bummer! But with JL out, will DP back it down a notch? And how hard will he battle with MM for the win? or with CC? or with VR?? :evil
  11. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Watch, this will be the only race VR wins all year and there will be a caveat in that he only won because JLo wasn't in the race.:deal
  12. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Total bummer for JLo. Hope he heals quickly.

I hate to see an injury to one of the top riders, as this year was shaping up to be a real classic battle for the championship.

It will be interesting to see how Rossi responds, as well as Pedrosa and his rookie teammate, along with CC. Blood in the water.
  13. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    I bet he'll be back for the sausagering.
  14. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    I think that's a good bet. Depends on the break but he's a tough cookie.
  15. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    If Pedro takes it down a notch he is going to end up with Markie Mark fairing deep in his butt crack.

DP better wing it because Marquez is only going to get better.
  16. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Supposedly a clean break. They'll plate it. It'll hurt, but he'll be able to ride.
  17. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati 290.6 1'48.682 1.065 / 0.088
    69 Nicky HAYDEN Ducati 290.0 1'48.682 1.065

Bragging rights after FP2 in the Ducati Garage?
  18. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
  19. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    That was the only good lap Nicky put in the whole session. He was in and out of the pits several times and waaayyyy down the time sheets for the majority of the session.

Funny how they always end up glued together, though.
  20. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:
    I'm impressed how fast those mafia guys work, maybe I should have been a bit more specific about which Spaniard?

I have to confess to not being too upset about Jorge, should allow some better scrapping for third place. I just need to get Cal & Vale on the podium and Aleix into 6th place to make a perfect weekend.