Konflict Suspension Services

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Konflict Motorsports, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    View attachment 1852702

Konflict Motorsports is proud to offer dynamic solutions backed by hours of exhaustive research and development. Ranging from entry level solutions to high-end service packages including full custom specialized applications for Enduro, Off-Road, Adventure, and Rally-Raid use. All our work comes backed with a 30-day Warranty period, and Technical Support.

*** We have relocated as of 3/01/2019 to Austin, Texas! ***

https://www.konflictmotorsports.com/

Reviews:

I've had all sort of bikes and have been riding and racing for more than 40 years. very seldom do I come across a game changer for any particular bike, small improvements yes, but a complete transformation is something else.
    I recently Raced my 950S in a local desert race, although I had a great time and won the class. I beat the hell out of my bike and myself. When I was done the rear shock was spewing oil like an old Harley.
    The suspension had already been reworked by another shop. Until the race and even after, I thought it was pretty good.
    Since my shock needed attention, and I had recently met Alex from Konfict, I thought I would give them a try...
    Alex spoke with me and had a short form to fill out about what type of riding I do.
    After about a week I was received my forks and shock back from Konflict.
    First ride was a double up with the wife. I could tell a difference, but really wasn't able to tax the new suspension all that much, a few small jumps, wheelies and fire roads with Sandra on the back.. She loves that stuff!
    The next day I got out on my own and hit up the local ORV park, this gave me a chance to really test high speed gravel roads (50 plus MPH) with large G outs and wheel bending potholes. There was also a make shift MX track for my testing.
    I was blown away with how the bike now handles, other than not having the flick ability of my 530. I rode as though I was riding the smaller bike. The high speed dampening was spot on, The bike handled all the logs, ruts, and jumps far better than I could have ever imagined. The bike also handles the tarmac incredibly well.
    Anyone can throw springs in a bike, What I was impressed with is the performance of Konflict's valving.
    By far the best mod you can make to your 9x0!

Alex_RO
    Bucharest, Romania
    10/25/2012
    KTM 990 ADVENTURE

Konflict Motorsports Review Forum

Very happy!
    KTM 990 Adv, not an SE ... but he helped me. VERY satisfied customer.

Uller
    Marysville, WA
    10/24/2012
    KTM 950 ADVENTURE S

Konflict Motorsports Review Forum

Money Well Spent
    Alex recently performed his magic on my 950 Adv S. It is night and day compared to before.
    Best money spent on it yet. I can't wait to save enough $ to have my 690 done by him too, and I already have sent those suspenders to a very reputable shop down south.

Email: info@konflictmotorsports.com
    Shop: (512) 772-4379
    VietHorse likes this.
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    I highly recommend Konflict, Ive sent several guys his way and everyone of them has thanked me for doing so..
    My bike handles outstanding. all thanks to Konfict.:clap
    Bturner26x likes this.
  3. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Suprising that there havent been any questions asked here, lets try and keep this questions in this thread and cut down on the PM's please.
  4. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    I'll ask one. I see Thousand Oaks in your sigline, but nothing mentioned any where else. Do you still have any operations here in SoCal?
  5. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    I do operate in Thousand Oaks, I arrange clients on a bi-monthly basis. I will be down the middle of January and have 3 KTM Adventures, and 4 smaller KTM's and Hondas lined up so far.
    All work completed in Southern California is by appointment only.
  6. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you will be down. I would love to talk to you about my GS. I have 34K mies on it so it is time to replace the shocks and I should change the springs for my big butt!
  7. TouratechUSA

TouratechUSA Made For Adventure

Oddometer:
    Alex is a suspension Guru.
    Highly recommended!
    Bturner26x and gatorjack like this.
  8. Abrupt Edge

Abrupt Edge Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm guilty of sending a message via PM as I thought you might prefer to talk dollars there. No answer, however. So....

I have a Husky Terra and want to know what the cost of your Shiver conversion for the forks will be, and about how long it will take. I presume that Winter is the best time to get the work done. I have several rides coming up and if there is a window I need to hit it would be good to know soon. Thanks!

Ken
  9. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    I now have 3 bikes with Konflict suspension.
    A KTM 530, a KTM 200, and my R1200GS.
    Like others have said, this is easily the best mod I have done. Alex ia very knowledgable, and very helpful when setting up the bike for YOU.

Loanstar,
    The OEM rear shock blew on my GS at 32K, so depending on how you ride..
  10. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Ken,
    You have a PM waiting for you. I have actually closed the shop down this last week for the holidays, and jump on here time to time, typically late at night. I do apologize for overlooking your PM.
  11. Abrupt Edge

Abrupt Edge Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Alex got right with me and answered all my questions. I will be having him take care of my Terra forks. Thanks Alex!
  12. Mat_Sci

Mat_Sci Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am finding that my Tiger is less stable on forest roads than I would like. I have experienced a shimmy that starts around 60 mph on gravel roads, which only seemed to get worse with increasing speed. Although the majority of the miles I put on the bike are on pavement, mix of one or two up, the performance I seek is in dirt and gravel roads one up with camping gear. I am big so I am sure at a minimum new springs would help. I am interested in finding out if you have worked on the Tigers in the past and if there are various options.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Thank you,
  13. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Matt,
    The shimmy you are feeling is most likely due to too light of a spring rate in the rear. There are a few other things it could be, but without knowing more of the info it's hard to nail down.
    What do you weigh, and how tall are you?
    I have done a few sets of tigers in the past. What year is yours?
  14. Mat_Sci

Mat_Sci Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC, no panniers. I am 6’ 2” and weigh 270 lbs, so yea the spring is probably light. I ride 2 up about 30% of the time (pillion weight is 100 lbs) and plan to do some light bike camping with my pillion this coming year. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  15. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Just a quick heads up to the ADV community, we now offer revalves, custom springs, and shock services for Suzuki DL650 and DL1000's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. bimota fan

bimota fan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have an F700GS with ESA and weigh approx 225lbs. What can you offer to improve the suspension?

Thanks,
    Steve
  17. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Steve you have an email in your inbox.
    A-
  18. Alex,
    I met you at a pnw tech meeting up in skagit county. You did a tech session on suspension upgrades. I am on a DR650 2007 and am looking to upgrade the weak stock suspension on my bike. I an 5' 10" and 215 pounds and usually am loaded with 40-50 pounds of camp gear and riding 2 track fire roads and some single track stuff. I would like to know if you work some improvements into my bike. It handles pretty crummy especially on washboard roads where it wants to drive you off the low side cliffs? What can you do and how much will it set me back? PM will be fine. Looking forward to supporting a local on this one.
    Thanks Tommy Belvedere
  19. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    PM sent!
  20. mikejohn

mikejohn Long timer

Oddometer:
    What about 1998 Triumph Tigers? mine dives going into corners and when braking