The Official 2013 F1 Thread. Spoilers possible!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by g®eg, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    And Red Bull cannot win the constructor's title with one competitive car. World class drivers are not a dime-a-dozen commodity.

Webber does not have to work another day in his life and he will still die a wealthy man with more Formula 1 victories than over 95% of all F1 drivers in history. Webber is not the driving schlub some on here would like to portray.
  2. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Perhaps F1 should rid itself of drivers and tracks, and have teams order the race results however they please?

Competition is evil and wild don't you know? We must remove competition from all sports.

It's more important to obey authority without question. It's the new paradigm.:rofl
  3. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    I can't seem to find the post-race sit down interviews anywhere.

Does anyone have a link?
  4. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I agree Weber is a very good driver. I don't think he will do anything to sabotage Red Bull's season. Nor do I expect him to help Vettel in any way.

I do think a decent replacement could be found though.

I also don't think the constructors title means sh!t. :D
  5. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    $$$$$$ > sh!t
  6. joef

joef Long timer

Oddometer:
    And a shit load of it at that
  7. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Understand. It is a shame it affects the driver's championship, though.
  8. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    The feed I saw (NBC) had the post race interviews up on the podium. Was there a sit down after that?
  9. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

I think so, unless this is from another time

[​IMG]
  10. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :thumb
  11. Osmin C

Osmin C Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It says "2010 Formu..." in the bottom right.
  12. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you're right. The same happens in IndyCar. And in NASCAR. I mean, I guess you could hate on all those series for the same reason. The cars are looking for the best equation, the best balance of fuel, tires and parts, that gets them to the end with the maximum haul of points that is realistically possible.

You know a lot more about motorsports than I ever will, you certainly know all this better than I do, so I guess I don't understand your beef. :dunno
  13. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    What I was trying to say was that with little to lose, Webber himself may be less inclined to follow team orders next time. This might include refusing to help Vettel when help is needed. It might conceivably (we can hope!) include Webber leading a race late in the season and refusing to turn the lead over to Vettel.

All conjecture, of course, but a man can dream. :lol3
  14. ricmachado

ricmachado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mark new shirt

[​IMG]
  15. joef

joef Long timer

Oddometer:
    Webber made his intent very clear last year that he woud not help Vettel at all, he was out to win every race that he could. He is in the same equipment with the same support, can barely pull off a good start and collapses under pressure, sound like a champion, not..
  16. WildAnCrazymtl

WildAnCrazymtl Political Prisoner

Oddometer:
    People's Republik of Kanada, Québec province!

Really you are going there, "Stupid".

"Stupid agument is stupid."

You must realise at some point, that you are asking some random guy on an internet forum how many F1 victories and world championshis he has won...

Also staying with the safe bet that Alonso has more podium finishes this year than me... Some random guy on the internet!

Sir I :bowto you in all your infinit wisdom !

I thought we were here to play nice and have fun...

Ps No F1 victories, no WDC and Alonso has more podium finishes this year than me.... some random guy on the net !
  17. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Say what you will about NASCAR, but those guys are driving the crap out of those cars from flag to flag. And there is no way that any of them would "back off" to let a team mate win the second race of the season! Maybe one of the last chase races, but not this early. And they don't "bite their tongues", they go after the guy that screwed them. Sorry, but I prefer to watch racing and that wasn't! :puke1

18. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    Says the guy who claimed to have as many 2012 Championships as Alonso. Nice to see you acknowledge that your argument was monumentally idiotic. It takes a big man to admit to that level of stupidity.
  19. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have never watched a complete NASCAR race and I haven't watched an entire IndyCar race since . . . the late-90's? Maybe I've watched a couple 500's since then. My reasons are varied and not relevant to a F1 discussion. I don't "hate" on those series for a simple reason: I don't care about them. Never have, in the NASCAR case, and haven't in a long time in the case of IndyCar.

My beef with F1 is that it is more business than sport. By a wide margin. The amount of money sloshing around in the series enables the sort of carbon-fiber weave pattern fetishism some like to indulge in, but it also requires team principals to think about making the monthly nut on a 3,000-person payroll and the courting of the kind of people who think Rosberg's competitive instincts pose too great a risk to Daimler AG's investment. The Board didn't spend all that money to go racing, dear boy.

All of those hundreds of millions spent chasing a tenth, just to cruise in formation for half (at least) of the "race." It's absurd. I can't pretend otherwise.

But to those who confuse Vettel's actions for those of a true racer, wronged by the system: Bullshit. He's just a twat.
  20. WildAnCrazymtl

WildAnCrazymtl Political Prisoner

Oddometer:
    People's Republik of Kanada, Québec province!
    Clearly you don't play well with others......

Where did I claim to have as many 2012 championships as Alonso?

The voices in your head don't count sir! :lol3:lol3:lol3

Your a legend in your own mind sir ! :D