New R1200GSA WC

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by roadtrip22, May 6, 2013.

1. roadtrip22

roadtrip22 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been told BMW was not going to offer the Adventure model in a water cooled engine and that the adventure model would stop being produced. So I've kept digging asking and searching. Friend from Italy found some spy pics and sent them my way. Thought I'd share because this is the bike we're all actually waiting for. So I've uploaded photos to my Facebook page for yall to look at. When I get a chance I'll load them on here. Hard to see details but you can get the gerenal idea on whats it's going to look like. Any other details are unknown:deal:cry at this time and will be up dated as either I find out or someone elses posts them. :D As far as release dates, prices and who gets it first again are all unknown. But I'm sure USA is going to be last and German first.

:freaky:freakyYAY the Adventure Model..:freaky:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Photos can be found here for now.
    http://www.facebook.com/2wheeladventures
  2. krellheat

krellheat Milk Crate Challenged

Oddometer:
    Bummer. Cannot view without a facebook acct.
  3. KankakeeBenjamin

KankakeeBenjamin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ++1. :lurk:lurk:lurk
  4. roadtrip22

Oddometer:
    When I get home from work I'll post them
  5. Snarky

Snarky Vodka Infused.

Oddometer:
    People always spread that kind of misinformation about polarizing vehicles. I'm never quite sure who it is. Is it the manufacturer trying to drum up more interest or is it the haters trying to make their wishes come true? Every year for example, is the last year for the Toyota FJ Cruiser. I wouldn't think BMW would do away with one of their most desirable motorcycles. Anyone who is tall, loves the GSA, and it has fans from the height-impaired as well. Not to mention all of us wannabe round the worlders.

I completely wasn't sure whether they were going to water cool the GSA or not. Not to be a Luddite, but the air/oil cooling is desirable for some people. It's also easy for a dry clutch to be redone in most countries. Hell, they'll hand mix the asbestos for you in Cuba. But I had imagined that the GSA would eventually catchup, after the large scale testing phase of the GS. I figure now it's just a matter of time.
  6. Spyker

Spyker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here you go! :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. SwissFreek

SwissFreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Until it gets announced by BMW there's always the chance they might decide not to continue with the Adventure, since the wethead forces the issue: they either have to update it or have to kill it, there's no letting it soldier on.

In my mind, the appearance of the F800GS Adventure cements the eventual return of an updated R1200GS Adventure. I already sort of considered the F800GS to be the "F700GS Adventure" to begin with, so why kill off one Adventure (the ultimate, the original), and then bring in a new smaller version? No. I don't know shit about shit, but if I were a betting man, I'd say it will be back.
  8. krellheat

krellheat Milk Crate Challenged

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
  9. /dev/null

/dev/null Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't imagine them killing the 1200 ADV. It's a fairly trivial package compared to the standard GS and it sells in large numbers. It additionally serves as a "halo vehicle" to sell standard GSes. Unless FOX (media/TV) just bought BMW, I can't fathom it getting canceled.
  10. roadtrip22

Oddometer:
    The problem I see is with the new water cooled engine. After you add all the coolers hoses that takes up a lot of extra space. Those coolers aren't small. So A 9 gallon tank will be interesting. Food for thought. But as of now I have no hard facts so we'll see what rolls around as times passes.
  11. 200GRLSWC

200GRLSWC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MUST the next year's GSA be water-cooled? My '08 GSA seems to work just fine as-is.

I realize there may be emissions or other kinds of drivers here, I'm just not familiar with what they actually are.

Why NOT keep selling the GSA in its current state?
  12. roadtrip22

Oddometer:

Even thought the GSA is the biggest adventure bike. But now with the Explorer out by Triumph The GS has competition. As far the water cooled part. It's great for those who need it but If I'm taking it to africa or desert I'd rather have air cooled. Less stuff to break. spring a leak on the water cooled or a rock hits your coolers just right. Your a sitting duck. Those coolers have a huge open area compared to the old oil coolers.
  13. TheZipster

TheZipster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Who cares about the bike, I just want the damn Adventure Cases for my new watercooled GS.
  14. treg

treg Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. JM

JM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow:deal
  17. johnny80s

johnny80s Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Woohoo!
  18. JM

JM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember my ex wife using that line too. I hope this information is more reliable than the EX.
  19. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    I won't comment about your ex, but MCN has a somewhat mixed track record, IIRC.
  20. el

el Banned

Oddometer:
    :clap my new love!