Hydration pack inside BMW Rallye II jacket?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by MiGSel, May 17, 2004.

1. MiGSel

MiGSel GaStronaut

Oddometer:
    Does anybody use a hydration pack inside the Rallye II jacket? :1drink

If so, which one will fit the pocket?

The "Trinkbak" is sold by bmw for it, but I suppose that's simply a Camelbak or similar for a higher price... :eek1

Cheers,
    Michel
  2. Mike Werner

Mike Werner Cloggy amongst Frogs

Oddometer:
    I've got it, but don't really use it. It clips into the back of the jacket and makes you look like the hunchback of the notre-dame... (speciallly since my jacket is tight already from the start).

It's a hassle to put it in, since you need to remove move of the inner layers (and you need to take a few things off to fill it). The only interesting thing is that the tube goes through the front of the jacket, so it doesn't flap around.
  3. MiGSel

MiGSel GaStronaut

Oddometer:
    Any chance of a pic Mike?

Can you compare it to some type of Camelbak or other brands?

Cheers,
    Michel
  4. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    I don't run a camelbak inside the jacket, but when I bought it I did a test fitting to see how it worked. Just the normal camelbak bladder fit in nicely. The drawback is, like Mike said above, is that you have to take the jacket apart to get to it. If you have the liner in it's just too much work for me. I couldn't see adding water to it while out on a ride. I just wear one of these instead. Hi-Viz 'Back

Errin
  5. Mike Werner

Mike Werner Cloggy amongst Frogs

Oddometer:
    It'll be a while before I can get to it Michel. It's in Normandy, and I'm in Paris.... and travelling to the UK this week (and not taking it with me).

No, I've never had a normal camelbak, maybe I should have bought the one Errin mentions... looks better...