19 Nov. 2012 - The Baltic Coast - South East - Sweden

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Charlyno, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Charlyno

Charlyno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Malmö - Sweden...but i'm from Sicilien !! Italy :)
    Had long had an eye on the weather. The night before a beautiful moon lit up the sky in Sweden, which is rare these days in these latitudes! The next morning at eight o'clock the sky was crystal clear and the glass of the car you could clearly see a light blanket of ice. The thermometer was +3 degrees, but it was not cold at least a little 'ice on the windshield and change my plan. Without a good breakfast and checked all the necessary confinement in the direction of Kivik the Baltic Sea on the southeast coast of Sweden. After just 30 km the temperature drops to -1 and an incredible and fascinating but fog envelops the entire territory. The rays of the sun cut through the fog, creating effects and incredible scenery. After about 70 km from Malmo, the fog finally gave way to a deep blue sky and a magnificent sun warms the temperature slowly until you get to +5 degrees. I stop at an inn for a cup of coffee and a delicious cake with cinnamon. Are seen as a Martian, I think I'm the only rider in the whole Skania! Two men ask me how do I bring the bike in this cold. The answer will be short and clear: passion, a lot of passion! In short, I come to Haväng a beautiful nature reserve that is located on the east coast of Kivik, just north of the city. Here you can stroll on the heath and see flocks of sheep and groups of horses grazing in the meadows or come down to the beach from where you can admire the beautiful views from various points across the Baltic. On a hill a stone circle whose origins are lost in ancient history. Nearby there is also a museum of cultural history, the Lingrens Langa. I leave with a heavy heart this extraordinary place to visit "Tomb of the King" at Kivik, dating back to the Bronze Age and is the largest burial circular in Sweden consists of a large mound of stones with a diameter of 75 meters and contains a burial chamber inside of the almost 4 meters long. Inside a sarcophagus was kept. The mound was used as a quarry for many years and the tomb was accidentally discovered by two farmers in 1748. Only later it was realized that the ten stone slabs that formed the burial chamber were decorated with petroglyphs. Back on the bike, after about 12 km to June Stenshuvet National Park which is the largest national park in southern Sweden. It is situated on the coast a few miles north of Simrishamn. The park was established as a protected area in 1986. It 's very interesting for those who love geology. A wide range of animals, birds and plants are found throughout the park. The nature center provides information for visitors. The area is very popular with walkers especially during the summer. There are small hills from where you can admire a beautiful view on sunny days you can see the Danish island of Bornholm. Parked the bike I'll take a nice walk down to the beach and then go into in a magnificent forest, where in complete tranquility on the edge of a stream I'm enjoying my picnic and a good coffee. How wonderful would like to stay here all day. The clock is ticking and it's time to return back home if not before making a stop at the small village of Gladsax to visit the homonymous church built in the XII century in Romanesque style and enlarged in the Gothic period, when it was added to a tower. The interior of the church contains frescos by Nils Hakansson dating back to the fifteenth century. To the east of the church are the ruins of a medieval castle Gladsaxehus of which little remains. Arrived at the scene, the church is closed, but fortunately a couple of local lords ask me if I can help in some way. It 's time to speak Swedish! So I tell them that I would love to visit the church inside. Dear accompanied me at the caretaker's house where I was given the key of the church to visit in peace! Who said that the Swedes are cold! In a riot of colors and brilliant images. Returned the key to the keeper, I sadly returned home. We could not miss the icing on the cake. On the way back a magnificent sunset colors of orange surrounding countryside. At the next

ALL PHOTOS www.francescoinviaggio.it - ​​SWEDEN ON THE ROAD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]