Any members in Mongolia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Åmme, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    During the spring will I move to Mongolia for a couple of years any other members living in UB
  2. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any ?
  3. Darryl625

Darryl625 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Amme

Don't live in Mongolia just work here. 4 weeks on 2 weeks off at OT have been reading a couple of reports coming from Mongolia and certainly looks interesting. Have been talking to a mate of mine I work with and maybe looking at doing a trip on our days of next year.
  4. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you know this already, as your original post was quite a while ago, but a lot of people who ride adv type bikes converge on http://www.intergam-oasis.com/ every riding season. I'll be back there in early July 2013.
  5. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a small world, I'm down to OT from time to time working for one of the equipment suppliers, been looking around and it's actually a lot of bikes for sale in UB, looks like a container load of second hand bikes from California arrived this year. But also new KTM & Yamaha, one of the shops also rent XR400
  6. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Chris let me know once you are back
  7. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will do. Check out my (in progress) RR (link in sig below) from summer 2012.

Cheers
    Chris
  8. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report looking forward for the rest.
  9. Darryl625

Darryl625 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Amme
    Which shop hires the XR's would like to go and have a chat with them regarding there bike hire.

Which equipment supplier?

PM me when you're down next might be able to catch up and have a chat about where to travel.
  10. Mark Manley

Mark Manley Long timer

Oddometer:
    From what I can gather you will have plenty of company this summer, the world and his wife is headed your way on their bikes and in their four wheel drives, me included if all goes to plan so get the kettle on.:wink:
  11. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No problem:wink: let me know once you are close to UB.
  12. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last sunday the riding season started in UB still a little bit of is and snow and not perfect for Michelin Desert but the forecast for next weekend is good and some of the is and snow should have gone
  13. Pootrol

Pootrol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    is there any information available online for these bikes that are available in mongolia?
  14. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Found another company who have 5 DR 650 for tent daily fee 80USD
  16. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Arriving 7th July at UB airport. Will be sorting bike on 8th and 9th, very likely to be heading for Russia on 10th. Beer at the Oasis?

Chris
  17. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chris I'm afraid we have bad timing I will fly out 6th of July for a three weeks break, for your info good Motul oil is now available in UB. Good luck with your bike prep and ride back.
  18. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shame you won't be there. Do look me up if you're ever in Yorkshire in England.

Where can you buy Motul bike oil? Last year I hunted high and low in the Black market and around the bike/car shops near there. Have you got an address/gps coorinates for the oil shop?
  19. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Chris, I purchased direct from the importer and they delivered to my work, will find out and let you know. What volume are you looking for we always have the option that buy a few liters from me I can leave it in my office.
  20. ChrisUK

ChrisUK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Åmme
    It'd be great if you can organise me some oil via the importer/your work. Or advise the retail outlet in UB. I'd like 5 litres of regular 10/40 or similar bike oil for a wet clutch. 2.5 for an oil change and 2.5 to carry as spare (the bike burns a little).

I've been putting my things out to pack this weekend and if I didn't have to try to fit the 5 litres of oil I have here into my kitbag, I'd be very happy.:evil

I set off 5th July to the airport, fly on 6th and arrive 7th July at UB. I can PayPal the money in advance or pay cash to a work colleague when I drop in on Mon 8th July.

Best Wishes
    Chris