iPad & iPhone Users - New FREE Digital Publication-Outland Moto

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OUTLAND MOTO, Feb 2, 2013.

1. OUTLAND MOTO

OUTLAND MOTO And then suddenly....

Oddometer:
    It's not bitching at all. In fact, I appreciate it. We tested the app on all the different iPads that are out there. But being a first release, we figured there might be some problems. We are looking into it now. Admittedly, we have not been able to replicate that issue yet on the iPad2 (at least the ones we have). We were aware of some limitations with the iPad 1's memory. But I will get back to you very soon, as we are looking into what may be causing that. I will post what we find here, so stay tuned. And thanks for letting us know!!!
  2. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I love the concept and confident you'll get the bugs worked out. If you need an idiot to idiot-proof it :deal FYI, the iPad2 I was using just installed the latest iOS.
  3. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks JTT!! We're on the case. I'll get back to you soon!!
  4. Bad-Tat

Bad-Tat 800 XC

Oddometer:
    Just downloaded this. Great pix and read! Look forward to future issues. Works great on my Mini"
  5. Clay Spinner

Clay Spinner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I downloaded it, as did my father. It looks very well put together (on the new ipads with retina display (v6.1) and we are already looking forward to the next.... does anyone else think that, with all of the moving images, it 's like reading a harry pottery book? :D Also agree with the next post... would like to be able to click to enlarge the photos! With that said... I can only imagine the time it takes to put one of the mags together!
  6. CNS-IT

CNS-IT Let Go Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just downloaded the App on my iPad 3 32-gb with Retina display, running OS 6.1.

My observations:

After downloading and installing, I told it to open, and it did but the picture on the opening page did not open, just a grey square in the lower left corner. I closed the app and re-opened it and all worked normally.

The pages seem to load a bit slowly, as compared to my Men's Health magazine app.

The pictures look good at a hi-res, my only request would be to be able to tap on the photos in the article to get a full screen view. For example, on page 2 of the Rescued on Trial Ridge article, I would like to be able to tap on the picture of the snow covered Rockies, that is in the middle of the screen, to make it full size.

Nice writing, good layout, look forward to more.

My $0.02 worth, if that.

Alan
  7. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    First, I really appreciate the comments you all have provided. It helps us make it better in future issues. We did some looking into the screen issues some of you mentioned. I think we found the issue and are working to correct it now. This should help with both non-retina and retina screens. I will update you all here within the next day or so when we get it updated.

Thanks again for all of your responses. :freaky
  8. Cheetaz

Cheetaz Overland Expo

Oddometer:
    Great job, just downloaded it! Can't wait to read. Always fun to enjoy others adventures, and now free and in digital format!
  9. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    We are confident that we found the issue some are experiencing with page loading. We are fixing that now, and an update will be available soon (this evening or tomorrow). I will update everyone here on how to get the patch. Thanks again to everyone for your comments. We are very excited that we can provide something like this to everyone!!!!
  10. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    A few of you had an issue with pages loading in our first issue. We looked into the problem and think we found it. In short (and we can't believe we missed this), we were using an image format that was affecting performance. We changed that and you can update your downloaded issue through the following quick steps. I will walk you through it.

Step 1:
    Open the Newsstand app so you are at the following screen. Once you are there, choose "Archive" from your choices. This will remove the current issue from your system.
    [​IMG]

Step 2:
    Newsstand will give you an alert that the issue is about to be removed from your iPad. Confirm this by choosing "Archive" from the alert. Refer to the image below.
    [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Next to the Thumbnail of the issue cover, you can now choose "Download". This will download the new, updated copy of the magazine.
    [​IMG]

This will give you a new copy of the magazine with the updated image formats. And this should resolve the issue a few of you experienced. Please post here and let us know whether this helped at all. Unfortunately, we have not been able to exactly replicate the problem experienced here. So we are not positive that this is the issue. But, from our research, we are fairly confident that this fix will help. Thanks all!!! :D
  11. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did a search in App Store for "Outland Moto Magazine" and get "No results for..."
  12. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Strange. Did you try just searching for Outland Moto? That might work. I know that it has worked that way for others. Try just "Outland Moto" and let me know what happens. Maybe the App Store's search is more restricting than we thought.
  13. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tried:
    Outland
    Outland Moto
    Outland Moto Magaizne

None worked
  14. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    I just tried it on my iPad and it comes up. Are you on an iPad or iPhone? The current issue is only available for the iPad, so it may not show up if you are trying it on the phone.

If you do have an iPad, here is a QR Code you can scan.
    [​IMG]

Or, if you are currently using your iPad, you can follow this link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outland-moto/id595720158?mt=8</pre>
  15. OnOff

OnOff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Works on IPad and not Iphone. Whatever.:freaky
  16. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Yes that is true...for the moment. The iPhone requires different code and has different capabilities. It doesn't seem like they are different from each other, but they are. We are working on the iPhone version and our next issue (March 31st) will have both iPad and iPhone versions available. They will behave and look slightly different, but both will work well for each platform. So stay tuned!! :D
  17. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    The update worked for me! Thank you.
  18. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    That's great!! Glad to hear it!!! :clap :clap :clap
  19. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update is awesome! Works a treat now! Thanks!!
  20. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    Downloading now.....