Eastern Beaver fuse block

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by wyrtyr2, Nov 15, 2012.

1. wyrtyr2

wyrtyr2 n00b

Oddometer:
    I think my BMW canbus trickle charger is shot. Would running a SAE 2 prong plug though one of open circuits on my Eastern Beaver fuse block and using a non CanBus style battery maintainer work? Or does the fuse block prevent current from running towards the battery? The technical aspects of winter...
  2. TuefelHunden

TuefelHunden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would work. Just wire it to the unswitched connectors which would go directly to the battery.

I run an FZ1, similar but not quite so heavy duty as the Eastern Beaver. When putting it in I cut the under seat BMW power plug lead and connected it to an unswitched tap. I've made several pig tails to which all plug into the BMW (Powerlet) plug. One is SAE, one is a cigarette connector, another is a barrel connector to my heated gear. Since I can't think of when I'll be running my tire compressor, charger and heated gear all at the same time, it cuts down on the number of wires I have running around.
  3. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Works on my bike just fine.
  4. SpeedySteve

SpeedySteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SAE 2 prong works fine for me through my EB as well. I have powered my tankbag through powerlet components (which use an SAE cable as power-in). When on, the SAE cable is powering the tankbag. When not, i just have it velcro-ed to the middle of the handbars. I have it running through unswitched fuzed with a 7amp. I also run my slime pump on this SEA cable. 7 amp seems to be adequate!
  5. El Gato

El Gato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here. No problems running my Optimate charger through an unswitched port on the the EB.
  6. solohvs

solohvs somewhere around the bend

Oddometer:
    The Eastern Beaver stuff is fantastic.

The last few bikes I owned all had a couple products from EB and I never had a problem with any of it.
    Good Stuff.