Plug for Tutoro chain oiler. A happy customer!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Red Herring, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Red Herring

Red Herring Gnarly Commuter

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

For almost 4 years now I have been using a Tutoro chain oiler and recently had such a good experience with them that I thought I would put a plug in for them.

I know not many run a chain oiler in dual sport, but I do as most of my riding is urban commuting. I have looked at all the oilers out there, and I have always liked the Tutoro because of it's simplicity and ease of use. Unlike many automatic chain oilers, Tutoro uses no vacuum or electricity. It simply operates on the kinetic energy of the motorcycles motion. As you ride, the vibrations and bumps in the road move a small weight up and down, opening and closing a valve which lets oil run down a tube and onto your chain. When the bike is stopped, so is the flow. Brilliant. You adjust the flow according to conditions and oil used. It is very easy and unobtrusive.

Anyway, long story short. Mine broke, or more likely, I broke it. None the less, I contacted Tutoro, and asked if they could help me out, and they said yes. If I covered shipping, they would gladly repair and upgrade it for free. I was thrilled. It's not a particularly expensive device, but I sure like it when a company stands behind the product as much as these guys seem to. The service was very friendly, and they had it back to me within 2 weeks.

So for anyone interested in a really good chain oiler that is compact, easy to install and operate, I would highly recommend a Tutoro. :clap

[​IMG]
  2. tcall52

tcall52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been using the automatic Tutoro oiler for about a year, and it works very well. 26,000 miles on chain/sprockets and still in decent shape on my Triumph Tiger 800 (99% on-road riding). It's a very good product.
  3. Yakima

Yakima Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No affiliation except the previous owner of my bike added some of Rick's stuff, and I bought lowering links from him, but Rick at AdventureTech.biz is now the US distributor for Tutoro oilers.
    I've got one ordered after trying a Motobriiz twice and not having it work, twice.
    Check AdventureTech out.
  4. Twinz

Twinz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear of your good experience. I just received my Tutoro oiler for my Aprilia Futura and will install it this winter. I had a Scott oiler previously, which never worked very well!