The last Chief? What's happening at Indian?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by chiefrider, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    If you are in the interview process you probably shouldn't be talking about anything to do with the job or the company on an internet forum. Unless, of course, you really don't want the job.
  2. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    or he's full of shit.
  3. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    ^ ^^ :rofl
  4. mentalfloss

mentalfloss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why? I did not divulge anything that has not been published in industry publications. They are hiring district managers for the distinct Indian brand. (also known throughout the industry.)
    Carry on.
  5. sportyrider

sportyrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    AMEN to that.

I would rather see a Eric Buell influence than Arlen Ness. That would be more true to their roots.
  6. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    :gdog. :topes
  7. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    Yes, you are correct. Absolute bullshit. It's not like spent a decade in that business, working with the manufacturers :rolleyes

They don't endorse, like, or appreciate ANY unauthorized employee foreshadowing about upcoming products, even if the specifics are not divulged. They want control over that, and seeing a prospective employee engaging in this will make them question his ability to keep his mouth shut about future products and trade secrets. If he doesn't have the job yet and they figure out who he is, he won't get the job.
  8. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    If by "lots of people" you mean lots of "pirates", then good for them, but it will be just another disappointment to everyone else.
  9. OldPete

OldPete Be aware

Oddometer:
    Last year Polaris stated that Indian would have their own distinct power plant in 2014... i read it in an interview w/Polaris.
  10. pm9654

pm9654 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've said it before, and will again. Give Polaris a shot before condeming them!
  11. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes. Let's see what they produce before shooting off our mouths. They are a successful company.
  12. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    I'll be the first to stand up and cheer if they show something cool at Daytona.

I hope the unveiling happens at the speedway, rather than Main Street.

The venue will tell the tale.
  13. mentalfloss

mentalfloss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    .... we will see!
  14. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    As a Victory Vision owner, I am really looking forward to what Polaris does for Indian - based on my riding experience with the Vision, which I love, I bet Indian will be a winner with Polaris. :wave
  15. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do not know anything about the new Indian, I do know a stock or slightly warmed over Victory can spank a medium warmed up Harley badly. I would assume they will have the same attitude with Indian. As far as a performance bike like buell, it would not sell for the same reasons. You will see another cruiser. I personally wish they had done a long vertical 4 with shaft. Maybe they will someday.

But I bet it will be a good bike.

Rod
  16. Flyinace1

Flyinace1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im hoping Polaris takes Indian back to the concept of a performance company. They already have Victory for the cruiser so it'd make sense that they do something different with Indian. And if Victory is anything to go by, Polaris takes their motorcycles seriously and does a pretty good job, I think.
  17. chiefrider

chiefrider Chrome won't get you home

Oddometer:
    Something along these lines?

[​IMG]

It's a Highland, but Polaris could do something like this, and make it a bit more refined and even prettier.

Tom in Salem
  18. EetsOK

EetsOK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is what I'd like to see. I really do not want a mini cruiser to compete with the Sportster and sub 1000 cc V twins from Japan Inc. Make it more along thelines of the old Ducati Sport Classic GT 1000 or even Triumph Thunderbird Sport and Kawasaki ZRX 1200.
    As for a name, there are plent from Indians past: Scout, Warrior, Apache, Trailblazer, Arrow, etc.
    Even MX bikes. Imean why not? It is what indian made in the 70's so for th epeopel concerned with "heritage" it would fit right in.
  19. EetsOK

EetsOK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are people with S&S powered Gilroy "Indians" who claim those S&S powerplants are not HD clones but Indian engines.:lol3 They will argue with you and call you names until they are blue in the face too.

They will even run HD down and call them junk despite their bike being a dead ringer (name on tank excepted) for one!
  20. KustomizingKid

KustomizingKid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am very excited for the new Indian... the company I work for does some work for Polaris which is awesome getting to be part of something for a very cool company.