Big Bend For A Weekend

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by TheTomcat, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TheTomcat

TheTomcat The Tomcat is here!

Oddometer:
    Ah yes so here I sit a week later drinking a very comfortable Skyy and Mountain Dew. Life is good! This will be a pictorial ride report as there isn't much to say other than it went great and we all had fun.

On a side note: I convinced my fourteen year old son to come with me and I am glad I did. His mom and I just got married 3 years ago and I was finally able to adopt him as my son the Thursday before we left. I am VERY proud of him and glad to FINALLY be called a DAD. Although he has called me that for the past 5 years. He is my pride and joy. we had a great time and a great adventure on this trip. Although it was basically only a weekend I still hear him tell his friends what a great time he had. I hope we have many more, but I know my time is limited by life, girls, jobs, school etc.

Enjoy

The Stead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leaving at 7:30am at 37 degrees.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Langtry Texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big Bend and Terlingua. Even if you don't make Big Bend PLEASE check out Terlingua.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ride home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb Top report!Some awesome scenery :clap
  3. ride everything

ride everything Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very, very cool. My son is 5 and daughter is 4 so I can't wait 'till we're doing the same thing. Nice pics, too!

BTW-I could use a lesson in packing from you. There's no way I could fit that much crap on my bike!! Nicely done...
  4. TheTomcat

Oddometer:
    Ride Everything,

it's all about tight packing. The only differnce in this pack and what I normally bring is an extra sleeping bag for my son. You can fit ALOT into a tight space it just takes practice.
  5. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice pics! Great to see you both bonding - yet another use for a motorcycle:thumb
  6. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    Good report. I like the pics. You were down in the part of the country where I grew up. I was born and raised in the Alpine/Ft.Davis area.

Thanks for the ride report.
  7. svwayne

svwayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Way to go DAD! :clap

A new rider is born!
  8. gus1911

gus1911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Father & son bump.
  9. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing! I love Big Bend, especially at night. Wonderful stars. You and your son look as if you had such a good time together. However, I'm not sure how much longer he's going to fit on the back of your bike. He looks as if he's going to get a lot bigger very soon!
  10. Ensey

Ensey KLR Combat Touring

Oddometer:
    Looks like the both of you had a great time...great place to visit...thanks for posting.
  11. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sharing the ride with a family member is a great feeling. I am headed to Big Bend tomorrow and all you photos look very familiar. It is a place I try to ride to every year a couple of times a year. It is that good.
  12. TheTomcat

Oddometer:
    It was a great experience. I will go back there again. Maybe with the wife and kid this time in a cage. I would like ti have more time in the park.
  13. Moto One

Moto One Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When we did our trip to Alaska, a couple or the guys brought along there teen sons. It was nice to have them along. Having known them both since they were babies, and to see then come of age that having them along and seeing there reactions and hear their thoughts at the evenings meal add more the any of us would have guessed at the start.

Mark.