taking on BAJA with 7 hp!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by damasovi, Dec 14, 2011.

1. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    HI all I am so happy!!! today I put a down payment on a new Honda Beat 100 cc 4 stroke that looks a little like this

[​IMG]

this is my first scooter and I am so excited!!!, I have owned motorcycles since 2004 b
    ut this is something else!

Tomorrow I will pay off the bike and maybe get to ride this weekend for the initial break in!!!

The price was very attractive, Honda Mexico just put a x-mas promotion and this not too expensive scooter was reduce $6,000 pesos, just over $430 usd !!!

I would like to copy the idea from another tread and keep a log of the stuff I will be doing with the Beat, and maybe some rides.

I have not even ridden the bike and already bought my first mod, it is a top case (a 29l) but I am thinking of just using it for going to work, city ridding and saving on gas.

Damasovi
  2. TebKLR

TebKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool! :clap
  3. Beltway

Beltway Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Peoples Republik of Takoma Park, MD (Wash. DC)
    Super cool!

Lots of pictures, please.
  4. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:

You won't regret it.
    And at that price....I'll take 2.
  5. Brooktown Geezer

Brooktown Geezer scooter guy

Oddometer:
    Very cool, I like how the rear end looks like a mini-Reflex.
  6. bbishoppcm

bbishoppcm It ain't a moped.

Oddometer:
    So how does one get something like this into the US? I want one...
  7. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't get the impression it does...
  8. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    why would you want this? when you have the Elite 110? any way maybe it is possible, since this bike is made in Mexico so NAFTA could help, the only concern would be emitions control, since you don't live in California I think it would be easier, but at the end I think it would cost you too much $$ But you can always try...

Damasovi
  9. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    so what's the law or requirement for an American to go to mexico and buy one? I was planning on riding my moped down there but that price is so low that it would be cheaper for me to just buy one while I'm down there.
  10. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:

I don't know the answer to this q how ever I will mention the OTD price and at today's exchange rate of $13.85 x 1 usd $1,430 usd or $19,800 mexican pesos, it is a sale price but the regular price will run you a total of $1,826 usd.

Today I paid it off!!! so tomorrow I will go and get it. The local dealer has to get approval from the main office in Tij
    uana, so that takes like a couple of hours, so I will go tomorrow!!!

I will be posting pics and s
    uch

Damasovi
  11. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Great deal!:deal

Great little scoot, this is like the ones common in them there foreign countries where wholew faimlys ridded on em and they's made to take lots of abuse. Basically this is just a simple, plain standard Japanese Scooter. Nothing special, but solid, reliable as a F150 transportation with great gas milage.

Just don't be dissapointed at the power though. It'll have decent power, just perfect for all town riding and some slower backroad cruising [45 MPH fine just not 55 MPH zones]. But it won't be no rocket, acceleration you will find sufficient but not blazing, and top speed won't be too high. For I'd recon maybe 50 MPH? Maybe 55 MPH if you really push it but 52 MPH would be relistic maxed out. Good nuff for any town, and fine for crusing on 40-45 MPH roads. Hills will take you down a bit, but WAY better than a 50 cc, you should be able to hold 35-45 MPH up pretty steep hills. Wind may take you down a little too.

But overall, good solid reliable transportation as I said, and a fun little scoot! Can't wait to heer bout it!
  12. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Buying new in Mexico is easy but buying used you have to watch it from my reading because theres a yearly fee on the bike reg or something like that , that must be paid. Whom ever buys a used bike has to pay it if they haven't been paid before. You can buy scooters and cheap brand name bikes down there like honda 150 cargo for 1500.00 A nice little General purpose bike that does 55 MPH and 80 MPG. Dead simple and goes up to 80 000 k before dying. To import to he usa I m guessing you should google for that info or go to regional forums here to see what being written up on it.
  13. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    well yesterday I took delivered of my brand new Beat!!!

That happy g uy is me... ok, the smile comes on when the helmet gets on!
    [​IMG]

as you can tell the pic was taken by the HOnda sales man, so the big Honda logo on the back. Since I was in a big hurry I only took a couple of pics of the bike.

[​IMG]

a must have pic...
    [​IMG]

a front pic

[​IMG]

tomorrow I will take about my first 10 km!

Damasovi
  14. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    A rolling report would be great. This will put a smile on your face and give you years of service. I hope your are able to bring it inside at night for security and so that you will keep that new look and feel. You can get a cheap cover at walmart to cover it from sun exposier during daylight. I'm looking forward to a ride report.:clap:clap:clap
  15. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Congrats!

That scoot will shock you with it's fuel consumption!
    Too bad it's just as fast as a 50cc 2 stroke, some are even faster!

Make sure you have good quality tires on it, 10" wheels don't leave much
    room for error, and these came with very bad tires in EU.

..and I'd love to have me a new 110i with OMG 9hp!
    :freaky
  16. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went for a ride today since yesterday's ride was a no go due to a bad battery (it was not charge properly)

The day started looking bad since it was raining but with the sunrise came dry weather and a clear sky so I had to do some errands but first I need my Beat (it was still at the dealer).

I did some 20 miles and here are my pics and comments
    DO Like:
    a) the speed and handling, so far I have gone as fast as +70 km/hr (like close to 40 mph) I am sure there is more there, I just don't want to push it.
    b) The looks of the Scoot
    c) parking, it is so easy.
    d) having a trunk

Don't like:
    a) NO side stand!!! can you believe it? It came with just the center stand, it does have the area were the stand goes, but it was not included with the scooter, and I did check the manual for dealer error, and it is not listed, so I just order it today.
    b) mirrors! or should I say my elbows !!! but I just order bigger mirrors and adapter (8mm-10mm)
    c) not going faster... this is just temporal
    d) the rear suspension... it is bad! especially at low speed

somewhere in between
    under sear storage, I could not fit my full face flip up HJC Medium helmet, maybe a 3/4 helmet will fit...

a) I am already thinking about mods, I would like to put something to stretch my legs, something like hwy pegs so I will look into it.
    B) a Top case has been order, I am just waiting.
    C) I started the day with some ATV muffs but it got to warm (over 60 F) so I just keep my summer gloves on and that was enogh

so here are my pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and it gets the attention of the ladies!
    [​IMG]

and not with the bad boys!
    [​IMG]

This year there IS something for me under the tree!
    [​IMG]

I was thinking of testing the "carrying payload" of the Beat
    [​IMG]

Looks like weather will be the same for tomorrow so maybe I will register my scooter and ride south and buy some road side tamales! ooooo I can almost test it !!!!!!!!

odometer shoot:
    [​IMG]

Damasovi
  17. Coopdway

Coopdway Curiouser

Oddometer:
    I like it! I could do a lot of riding on the Beat.
  18. elite1

elite1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a great little scoot. This is what the Elite 80 would have been if they decided to continue that line here. Air cooled, drum brakes, carburated. Simple, tough and easy to maintain. Updated modern styling. Great bargain. Enjoy sir. Hope to hear lots more about it. Btw - my elite 80 also has no side stand. Very annoying. When I found my 86 elite 150 d I was excited to learn they had side stands only to learn that my scoot was missing hers. A couple hours of eBay searching i found one in California. So nice to get off the bike and just flick the stand down.
  19. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats a nice little honda. You will enjoy it.

Too bad we don't get hardly any scooters from Honda in the US and when we do they are over priced.
  20. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    the grass is always greener on the other side isn't? Before I always said, Honda US has all the scooters I would like to buy, the silver wing, the 250 cc scooter similar to the wing, and Elite,and the Rockus!!! specially this one!!. Now many years latter in Mexico we only get 3 options for scooters, two 100 cc scooters, a) the Beat and b) Wave and the 125 cc Elite (here is still carbs on that elite). In the us Honda has more options, something close to 5 or 6 models......but we always want the "other" non abailable to us bike, right?

Thanks for your comments, I am enjoying this scooter, dispete what several people (including my wife) has said.

Damasovi