Mountians are dry

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by RideFreak, Feb 18, 2013.

1. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    I usually have the same observations too. I'm an avid mountainbiker also...big, long travel type bikes. I've always jumped out of the way ASAP when I heard a moto or ATV nearing. Despite etiquette, most people use some common sense that a vehicle moving at 10-30 mph in most cases might not be able to slow down before seeing a hiker or mtb'er depending on terrain. On my moto I always try to slow down and be courteous to the slower trail users as a rule, but sometimes you can't see through trees or around every single corner. Still, even then I try to be vigilant, as I don't want a head-on with a fellow moto rider or ATV pilot. I think over time, we've seen less attitude in most riding places from mountainbikers as there seems to be crossover participation in the two activities, and many mtb'ers are more extreme in their riding pursuits so as not to be such selfish pantywaists in their outlook to motos.
  2. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah that closing line is great :lol3
  3. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Yield, we don't need no stinkin yielders,
    Usally I'm moving on the moto soo fast that at the last min I see this person standing off the side of the trail holding a bike, They are obviously enthralled with my style, grace and speed and are happy to give up the trail just to see it. As a concession to getting out of the way I always try to wave :jack.

I spent 22 years in the Navy, they taught me early on, we don't yield to anybody. Yeah I'm an AH
  4. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Well, that now explains:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wh0foL4QESQ?vq=hd720&start=340" hd="1" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>
  5. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:

He was gunnin for me, that was purely a "defensive" move :lol3
  6. gregdee

gregdee Motocampist

Oddometer:
    Ride Freak - you're a funkin squid? Please tell me that you were at least a bubble head and not on one of them targets.
  7. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Actually nether, can't tell you about it though, I'd have to .....