Holan Nomada Pro panniers and other parts for the 2013+ R1200GS!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaryracer, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude69

Dude69 Usurper of Gov'ts

Oddometer:
    would love to see that pannier with the 62L top case
  2. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Dude69 - unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the new LC with both the panniers and the 62L Extra Large top case, but pictures of the top case by itself can be seen earlier in this thread here.

The 25L Photo, 29L Medium, and 38L Large top cases will allow full hinge functionality as shown in the picture. The 45L Large+ and 62L Extra Large will require the rider to lift the lid off the pannier body straight up versus hinging open...they're just a little too wide to facilitate it. You'll still be able to tilt the lid open to a large degree to slip smaller items in, just won't be able to swing it all the way open while running the top case.

If I get any pictures of a 62L top case plus panniers, I'll definitely post them up!

Thanks....
  3. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Delivered another 38L Nomada Pro pannier system that will be bolted on an Alpine White GS, and a 45L system and 38L system are going out the door tomorrow. The Holan system has a remarkably narrow system width (just over 35" for a 38L system!) and can take any abuse you can dish out due to the 2mm pannier wall thickness and heavy duty reinforcement brace at the mounting points.

We do have two of the Holan top case mounts in stock in anodized silver that mount to the OEM rack, and have two Adventure racks left (one black powdercoat, one stainless). I've been too busy packing orders to get the webstore inventory updated correctly, so please feel free to PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com if you'd like to confirm stock on hand. :D

We're adding more accessories for the new LC weekly, and you can see the full catalog of all the LC parts here.

Thanks!
  4. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really like that adventure rack. I've ordered some Globescouts, mostly because I can't stand how Holan requires the top box to be bolted on without a quick release, but I'd love to make it work with that adventure rack. There is a good chance I'll be ordering one in the near future.
  5. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've got at least one more Adventure rack in stock in black powdercoat and may have one in stainless bead-blast finish. The Holan Adventure rack is a great way to do away with the stock rear rack and grab handles, provide a heavy duty mounting platform for carrying heavier loads, and lower the center of gravity of your top box. As with all Holan mounts, it comes with a luggage plate that has threaded inserts for mounting a Holan top case (or just about any other flat-bottom case), as well as multiple tie-down points if you just want to strap a dry bag on the bag.

Click on the pics to link to our webstore for more info, or PM or email me with any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any chance of Holan making a plate to fill the hole when the passenger seat is removed.
  7. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great suggestion! I'll run it by them the next time we connect up and keep you posted when/if they start prototyping.

Thanks...
  8. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    This Holan Nomada Pro II system for the R1200GSW has quickly become the most popular pannier application we sell at ADV Motorrad, and for good reason!
    • Incredibly narrow system width that allows up to 45L panniers to fit within the stock handlebar width
    • Constructed from 2mm aluminum, versus 1.5mm used in other pannier systems
    • Custom-built 18mm pannier racks with 2mm wall thickness, which double as a crashbar if your bike goes down
    • Non-oxidizing aluminum alloy - no black transfer to the contents of your panniers, even if you don't use inner bags!
    We've just shipped out our last pre-ordered system and have many more systems on order to fill additional pre-orders and for inventory. If you're interested in getting an adventure ready pannier system for your GSW, please feel to call us at (585) 310-ADVM, email us at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or PM us here.

And for your viewing pleasure...some more pictures of 38L Nomada Pro II systems on the LC....

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    We just got another shipment from Holan with a few bits for the GSW:

Holan Sport Crashbars - $269.99 -

The bars pictured below are the Pro versus the Sport, with the main difference being the upper section that protects the radiators and adds light brackets. The Pro set is sold; however, the Sport set in silver powdercoat is available to ship immediately. I'll see if I can get some pictures specifically of the Sport bars mounted, but hopefully this gives you a good idea (minus the top section). These are not listed yet on the site, so please PM or email me if interested.

[​IMG]

Holan Adventure Rack - $319.99 / $369.99 -

I have two of these in stock currently (and more on the way); both setup to support a Holan 38L Large top case (or can obviously be used to strap down a dry bag, etc.). The standard steel in powdercoated black is $319.99 while the stainless steel in a natural glass-bead finish is $369.99. These Adventure racks lower the center of gravity for luggage and provide a very heavy duty mounting structure for carrying heavier loads. Styled after the OEM BMW GSA rack, this is the strongest top case mounting system for the new LC on the market today, bar none. (First three pictures are finished product shown in silver powdercoat; last picture is of raw prototype)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Holan Handlebar Crossbrace - $31.99 -

Mounts up quickly and gives you a convenient place to mount a GPS or other farkles.

[​IMG]
  10. grace

grace Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    where do i find the a final drive slider/crashbung on your website? this photo doesn't appear clickable. the a final drive slider/crashbung that i find on the website differs from this one. it has bmw logo in the center. i prefer this one.

thank you.

11. grace

Oddometer:
    do you have photo with headlight guard on the LED light option?

btw, LED light is an $1100 option.

thank you.

12. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi damytzeus - we haven't brought in any of the Holan crashbung/sliders as we received stock of the DS Bike Protection version first (shown here). The included BMW logo is just a decal, so you can leave that off if you'd like.

I can check with Holan on availability to bring their version over, but can ship the DSBP part out within 24 hours of ordering.

Thanks!

Jason
  13. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't at the moment, but will ask Holan if they have any shots of this guard mounted on the LED light.

$1100....man, that is one headlight lens I do NOT want to crack! :eek1
  14. grace

Oddometer:
    jason:
    do you have photos of the rack with full views of the bike? it would help to understand the scale. also, be great if you had photos with nomada panniers.

15. grace

Oddometer:
    from the photo, it looks like the second bar at the top right side guard could obscure the LED half ring on right side -facing bike- of the light. a head-on photo would confirm this.

what's your return policy?
  16. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Damytzeus - here's a photo from one of our customers that has Holan panniers with the Adventure rack. He's got some stuff strapped down on top of it, but you can get a sense of how it sits lower on the bike versus the stock rack.

[​IMG]

And from another angle...

[​IMG]
  17. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've asked for any additional pics that Holan has (particularly with the LED light), and will post them up ASAP. I think the angle of the photo is what is causing it to look like it could obscure the LED ring, but want to make sure...they're pretty good about following the outer contour of headlight housings to mimic the shape without intruding into the actual lens area.

No problem on returns or exchanges, although I'd prefer to make sure we get everything squared away before the part ships out from our shop...makes it easier for both of us!

Thanks...
  18. notacop01

notacop01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will a full size helmet fit in the left pannier on the 45L system?

Thanks in advance!
  19. grace

Oddometer:
    jason:

thanks a bunch for all your assistance. i placed order for:
    - 38L panniers with stainless racks
    - lock set
    - carry handles for panniers
    - holan headlight guard
    - rearset outlet and;
    - crashbung

you responsiveness and overall service has been irreproachable. it really matters. you da man.

20. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Notacop01 - the 45L pannier has an exterior width of 11"; however, there is a 1/2" lip on the pannier opening to help with waterproofness. If the widest point of your helmet is less than 9.75" (10" pannier opening), it should fit, but for most larger helmets (especially dual sports helmets with visors, accessories like Bluetooth, etc.), it probably won't. A helmet does fit nicely in a 38L top box (see here for more info) with some room to spare.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.