RTW on a thumper... Round the World ADVenturization

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rtwpaul, Jul 18, 2012.

1. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    if you were ever going to only host RTW riders once this would be the couple, they have some great stories to tell, but also needed a little advice when i met them...they are heading to Mongolia next year for the for time so i gave them a few pointers of where and where not to go...because of being two up
  2. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    we watched 'why we ride' and in the movie there is a part where loads of people say there first bike and how old they were...without even thinking i say to Jenn "Ossa 250, eight years old" she looks at me like i have two heads

just like this 1973 model, same colors and everything

[​IMG]

"so how about you?" i ask her, long silence then....er...

"1976 airhead BMW with a sidecar right?" She smiles and nods

Just the day before i took Bevans sidehack rig out so she could see at a better angle how everything worked

[​IMG]

then when we got back i set her loose in the driveway...i wonder how many others can name that as a first bike???

[​IMG]
  3. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    :wave Just checking in...... good to see your still enjoying life!
  4. ferretface

ferretface Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There's a garage, accommodation and cold beer in Wellington if you decide to head over this way :freaky
  5. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    good to hear from you Mark, hope life is treating you well :thumb
  6. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    Hey Dan long time no hear, i will be coming it'll be the end of 2016 early 2017 i'll drop you an email soon and get some details from you...say hi to Lisa for me
  7. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    we spend a last night in AZ

[​IMG]

and then head out in the morning to Nevada

[​IMG]

i pick a route that goes thru Oatman on route 66 and stop for lunch at the Oatman Hotel and to check out the $100,000 hanging on the walls in $1 bills

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

when we come out we find the bike has made a new friend!!!

[​IMG]

so Jenn makes one too as another heads to the window for ice cream cones...really

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. motorcyclefanatic

motorcyclefanatic The name says it all

Oddometer:
    My wife is big fan of critters too. Just switched from mini horses to mini zebu cattle. Looks like if we wanted a donkey in Oatman, you could show up with a trailer and some ice cream and have your pick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    the lady in the ice cream store gives the donkeys the stale cones at the end of the day...thats what they are looking for not mint chocolate chip

less mess in your trailer too :lol3
  10. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    doing a little detour though Death Valley, Rhyolite and Beatty on the way to getting home for a while...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still not exactly sure what the thought process was with the sculpture having a miner and a penguin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the solar farms working hard

[​IMG]

then home by the sunset

[​IMG]
  11. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    As as an ex college photography major, you have a very good eye, control of your exposure, and composition:clap

Salute!

Dirty
  12. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    else, I just gotta again thank You for this, awaiting every post.

Beer, bed, BBQ and "Beaver" (Noun - the guard for the lower part of the face on a medieval helmet) if you ever get to N/W Lake Ontario. :dutch
  13. hvilla

hvilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally caught up!! :clap Great story and awesome pictures!! Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your travels! Looking forward to the next trip!! Have a great Christmas and New Year!! :lurk
  14. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  15. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    thanks for the offer, i'll be in touch if i get close, all options sound good :lol3
  16. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    thanks for coming along...and happy holidays to you too and everyone else reading and vicariously riding along
  17. nichloasjerry1

nichloasjerry1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A lot to read and catch up too and Happy New Year
  18. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you 2up,look forward to more of your reports.
  19. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Hey Paul,

Happy New Year brother!!!

I'll be down and around northern Florida all winter just in case you and Jenn want to come down and kayak with the manatees. I'll have the Blue beast and a couple of boats. Can't decide if I'll pull the KTM down.

That changes every day.

bill
  20. hady

hady Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy new year paul :freaky
    <mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;medium&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:true,&quot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>