Sheen and Hunt

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Dano 407, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Dano 407

Dano 407 One Man Wolfpack

Oddometer:
    I found this very interesting. I had little idea of these two guys, but this one hour film does a good job of comparing the sports stars of the 70's to Tiger Woods and the like of today.

If you have the time, check it out.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-4UXfyxgZsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ha ha - you're a bit too young then, but in the 70's in the UK these 2 were Motorsport playboy heroes and some of the first top advertising sportsman in the UK, that is alongside "our Enry" Henry Cooper that is, and his "splash it on all over" Brut aftershave campagne.

Not bad at their respective sports either, although Sheene did have a penchant for breaking bones and Hunt for breaking female hearts :D

I understand they are in the process of making a feature film about James Hunt's life - also known as Hunt the shunt - so an indication of his other weakness :rofl
  3. Dano 407

Dano 407 One Man Wolfpack

Oddometer:
    I saw the mention of the Ron Howard film and that led me to this video in the first place.

And I turned 11 in 1976.....
  4. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was cool. What a life! Both of 'em.:freaky
  5. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    11 in 76 - so it would have been the riding and driving that could have entertained you, as opposed to the "glamour" :D:D