Tubliss on the 950SE?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by joan-gs, Dec 16, 2008.

1. joan-gs

joan-gs If I were a rich man.....

Oddometer:
    If you did not hear about the tubliss, here a link

http://www.nuetech.com/tubliss.shtml

I only see advantages on this system, provided that they make 2.50 Rims systems.

Anybody mounted this in his KTM?
  2. pete40

pete40 Life Behind Bars

Oddometer:
    I doubt anybody has on a 950. Last time I looked, the guy making them could not supply too many sizes, especially 18".

The thing definitely works. When the guy does eventually get his act together and produce this thing in large quantities and multiple sizes, it will be a goer for sure.
  3. gefr

gefr Life is a trip

Oddometer:
    I find it overpriced though. I believe a fair price would be in the vicinity of $40. The market will descide. Cheers.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer:
    I'm running tube-LESS spoke wheels from Woody's. They work fine and hold air. I'm sure he can do the same thing with 18" & 21" as he did with 19 & 17. Guess I don't see the fuss.
  5. pete40

pete40 Life Behind Bars

Oddometer:
    What method do they use to seal the spoke nipples?

These are on road tyres I presume - it's abit more difficult on off-road.
  6. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

no speed rating or testing........:huh
  7. Hammer

Hammer Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer:
    Best to direct your questions to Woody. I bought them 2nd hand, mounted, working fine.
    I don't know that sealing spoke nipples is more difficult on an off-road wheel. It may be more difficult on a butter rim like the stock KTM. A good stiff Sun rim and O/S spokes should stay together fine. In fact, I think Woody will gaurantee them.
  8. twofur

twofur Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running the tubliss on the 21" wheel on my 530. Works great and holds air at least as well as a tube.

Kurt
  9. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. claferal

claferal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The problem of the tubliss for road use is that it is failed the tube becomes flat inmediately, like a "boom" and no air into it
  11. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. farfar

farfar Lejos , lejos

Oddometer:
    Anybody mounted this in his KTM?[/quote]

I`ve just do it and it seems that it works. This weekend I run 300 km without leaks.IMO, the great advantage is that you can go with 20 Psi or less without flat´s risk . :ricky
  13. mookymoo

mookymoo Mookish Mook

Oddometer:
    I thought it was the opposite - he was discouraging ppl from going that way...
  14. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    I'm going to give it a try on my 950 ADV when I get my new front rim. (1.6") I'll be sure to report back.

This setup should be similar to a sportbike tubeless setup in a flat situation.:ear

The reply I got back from the owner is they may plan to do wider version too.

2.5"x 18" seamed possable for the SE rear. 4.25" he's not so sure.

2.1" for stock front maybe in the future.

I'm sure the more people that contact him showing interest in differant sizes the sooner they may be made.
  15. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    I got my new rim setup back and installed Nuetech 1.6" Tubless system.

[​IMG]

Installation was pretty straight forward, W/ a thinner rim, I found getting the new tire on a bit more of a challenge than the wider stock 950 rim.

It's all aired up and ready for testing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. ARod2000

ARod2000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems he's made some progress on fulfilling orders. I got mine about a month ago and have them on my Husky WR250. What a difference. Very noticeable. Hadn't even thought of putting them on the big bike but I may move the front over to the 990. :clap
  17. RXV_Poor

RXV_Poor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had 1 of the first generations. Work well once then they didn't reseal. 1 of them wouldn't even seal from the factory. They did standby their product and shipped me new replacements.

I haven't had time to try them yet.
  18. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New shipment coming in in a couple of weeks. The 18" are available, but they are only fitting a 1.65" front, or 2.15 rear rim. They said maybe later this year for a 2.5" rim. Also not dot rated.
  19. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hey CJ! How's tricks?.....loving my rack with the new TT panniers. Blockout plates look cool too! :wave I'm thinking of installing the tubliss system on my SE. Doug at Alaska Leather is giving them a try on his ATK 604.....kind of pilot testing them for me. Once I see his report, I'll probably spring for a set too.

Just wondering if you had to drill another hole for the inner bladder? Would I be able to use the rim lock hole instead? I've mounted up a set of TKCs for some on and off-road duty. Had the Dunlops but wanted to get a few more miles out of them. I'm going for a more hard-edged adventure touring mount.:ricky

Keep us posted.

Katoomer (a.k.a. Larmo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    The A60 Excel has two 8mm holes in it stock. I opened one up to 10mm for the Rim lock/Air fill stud.

Mine sealed up no problem, I did a test last night.

I aired the tire up to 38psi. and slowing aired down the bladder. When I got to about 80psi air started leaking around the seal. Aired it back up and it stopped....just like it should. These are not d o t approved, but I like living on the edge and trying new things at my own risk.:lol3 We'll see how it holds up and I'll keep you posted.

Wild bike you have there Katoomer, nice job.