Kansas City Area Riders Photo Challenge

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by car94, May 6, 2014.

1. car94

car94 What's this Box for?

Oddometer:
    In Response to the recent disappointment in finding out that the KC photo challenge did not require a ride on the Motorcycle to play.
    If any one is interested.
    Rule # 1 You must ride to a destination within 75 minutes of Kansas City. Take a Time stamped Picture of your Motorcycle with a landmark in the background. Post the picture in this thread.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Rule # 2 The next challenger must RIDE to the location and take a Time stamped picture of your Motorcycle with the landmark.
    Rule # 3 The person who tags the previous picture, can then post a picture of their Motorcycle anywhere within the 75 Minute range of Kansas City. That picture can be taken at anytime.
    If no one is getting the location, you can give more and more clues, but can't give out the actual location. Saying what the location is without a picture of your bike there is just not cool.
    Posting pictures with out riding to the current challenge location is forbidden. Try not to post the same Challenge location over again within the same year.
    Any Constructive Ideas would be welcome.
  2. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    :dunno

OK, you have a picture on your computer.

Is the challenge to get access to your computer and look at the file?

:confused
  3. car94

Oddometer:
    RELAX Francis I was trying something!:lol3
  4. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    :D

:rofl

But I want to join in!
  5. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Really?

Lamest. Tag Game. Evah.
  6. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:

McB rides well in excess of the posted speed limits, often into triple digits.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>What he can get to in 75 minutes will take me at least 3 hours.<o:p></o:p>
  7. car94

Oddometer:
    The map Indicates the average Current posted speed limits in the area!
    This is from the central Post Office in KC.
  8. cavalier55

cavalier55 Motorcycle Widow

Oddometer:
    Much better Idea.
    :clap
  9. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Oh boy two KC tag games.

Are you going to disqualify all photos that don't have time stamp?
  10. McB

McB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fixed.
  11. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    This should go to the Redundant Department of Redundancy.
  12. car94

Oddometer:
    Only 3 rules, time stamp is crucial to see when photo claiming tag was taken. All phones and pads have the feature. Not difficult, if your not 90!

The same but different.
    I was also thinking of closing it at the end of the year, to keep it fresh. Start a new one every year.:D
  13. JayhawkADV

JayhawkADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there going to be a picture with a motorcycle and place to ride to or are we just gonna talk about it? :rofl
  14. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Guess it's hard to play nicely together in KC? :dunno
  15. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    It is a shame. The rules have been in place for 5 and a half years and no one complained about posting a archived photo. Car94 could of asked about changing the rules or even why the rule is there (as been done in the past) but instead storms off and starts a new tag game. It seemed childish to me.
  16. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Well, the city can't even decide what state to be in.
  17. car94

Oddometer:
    Well I did ask, Multiple times, Even the guy who posted the next pic said he was not poaching the tag, but you had to have it YOUR way After the challenge photo was posted, I read your rules and The Central rules, and I interpreted them to say you had to ride to the tag.
    2. Ride to that location and take a picture of your bike there. The first person to tag the location with a photo gets to put up the next photo of their bike at another location.
    Nothing in that rule says someone can sit at home and post and old pic from there computer. It does say you can use an Archived photo of your Motorcycle for the "New Tag". Same as the games I play with the Sportbike riders on KCSB or MidMO, rideforum.net and numerous other tag games on ADV sites. You want to act like a petulant child when someone questions the verbiage of a rule and questions your interpretation, Fine. Then you tell me I'm not welcome in your game?!? That is a Pathetic Facebook hero! and you to called me childish. :lol Fine by me. So I started a new game with a clearly defined rule. You however are welcome to play if you like. I thought you were a reasonable person when I met you a couple years ago. (rideforum ride) I may have been wrong! So keep calling names and stomping around the forum if you like. The matter is closed as far as I'm concerned.
    AS I stated the purpose of my Photo Challenge Game is that you have to ride to get the Tag.
    I am swamped at work so I will go get a picture as soon as I can, or some else can start.
  18. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  19. KansasKawboy

KansasKawboy KK

Oddometer:
    I'm old and not the sharpest tool in the shed, I can only think of 3 ways that you could have a picture of a tag on your computer.

1 Photoshop
    2 Haul you bike to the tag on in a truck or on a trailer (Eddie passed up the chance to do this a few years ago)
    3 Ride to the tag

I don't know anyone who would do 1 or 2 so if they have the photo on their computer they must have riden there. There was a tag a few winters ago that only had the mirror in the picture and he was teased about is but know one got bent out of shape. It's all about having fun besides I'm to old to keep riding to the same places I want to see new country.
  20. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I hate trying to argue with someone who's right.

:bluduh