Jacksonville and North Florida Classic Adventure Dual Sport (CADS) Club

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by twthinking, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twthinking

twthinking Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    This thread is for the CADS club in Jacksonville, Florida. We will be posting ride info and after ride stories and pictures. If you want any info about the club or to contact any of our members, this is the spot. Visit often.:beer

UPDATE 6-28-10
    Anyone that would like to be on the CADS email list just PM me with your name (first and last),your email address, and a cell number that you can be contacted on, and I'll add you to the club list.
    JAnthonyCologero and STAX like this.
  2. twthinking

Oddometer:
    CADS members along with some new friends went for a ride on Saturday the 23<SUP>rd</SUP>. Our normal ride leader came down with a last minute bad case of probable food poisoning so with his directions I tried to fill his ample sized shoes and lead the ride. The intended route was through Belmore Forest to/via other dirt roads and trails to George&#8217;s lake and on to Etoniah State Forest. After a late start we made it to Belmore and quickly found out the rain had prepped the roads just for us. We rode the trails for a couple hours and discovered many washouts, water puddles, mud, sink holes, and other fun things. Some where, I missed a turn so I lead the group out and to a late lunch. After lunch we decided to head home (my rib was killing me from my fall at the entrance to Belmore). From there those of us heading back toward Jax headed back via Belmore road and encountered some flooded and washed out areas and water crossings. We had as much if not more fun riding home as we did earlier in the day. Here are some pictures that haven&#8217;t been posted yet. More to come...

[​IMG]
    Part of the group at the meeting spot before the start of the ride.

[​IMG]
    Getting ready to enter Belmore

[​IMG]
    The sink hole in the road...

[​IMG]
    We put Wolfgang in the sink hole but he got out anyway.
  3. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Good idea on the thread, Dean. :thumb
  4. g27radio

g27radio We Todd Ed

Oddometer:
    I think Dbag, Jeremy, and I rode back to Green Cove on some of the same roads. We saw a couple of dirt bike tracks that looked like they were heading the same way. The water crossings weren't actually that bad, but the thing is you just don't know what lies beneath that muddy water until you get to the other side. :eek1
  5. VTWINtoxicated

VTWINtoxicated Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Talk about washed our roads, I was trying to figure out how to pull a small boat with the GS for the next Sunday ride in the area.

Seriously, I was the noob on a GS and the boys were just a flyin. As soon as we hit dirt, those guys just took off. I was pushing to keep up, even though that's not a requirement with these guys, and the fun just kept on getting better. At every stop they kept checking on me and I appreciate the concern.

Fun day.
  6. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Phil man you were doing great! It was a blast having you along as always. You keep up the learning curve like you’re doing and I’ll be asking you for riding tips. Some of the stuff we hit on the way home was intermediate to advanced level riding, especially the water crossings that were 15 to 20 foot across. A lot of that mud was slimy as well. You did great on that big GS. I wish we’d stop and taken some pictures of the big water crossings and of the huge lake that we decided not to cross. I had a great time on the way despite the pain of the rib. I want to do it again!!! What about Wednesday or Thursday we hit the north side and finish the route (time and directions) and have some fun while we’re doing it? After this rain I’ll bet it’s muddy and nasty in some spots there too. LMK:clap
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  7. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

About those pics... :ear
  8. twthinking

Oddometer:
    I'm working on the pics...for some reason they won't upload :confused . I'll figure it out.
    OK here goes...
    [​IMG]
    Crossing the bridge
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. ElJorgio

ElJorgio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    i can't believe i missed out on all that fun, would have loved to have given those crossing a shot.
  10. twthinking

Oddometer:
    More pictures...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. twthinking

Oddometer:
    More pictures...at lunch and after.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. twthinking

Oddometer:
  13. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    i see no reason why we should'nt see a bunch of you CADS at BQF next week-- it's in yr friggin back yard :ddog

Come hang w/ us Fleas and Hooligans-- automatic good times
  14. twthinking

Oddometer:
    I think a few of our guys are going to be there.
  15. Gvilleracer

Gvilleracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me and the wife will be at BQF. Prolly pulling the Camper since it hasn't been used in a while.

Riding with the CADS groups is awsome. First rate routes!

What was Wolfgang on this time? is That DR___?
  16. kaosrider

kaosrider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Me and the wife will be at BQF" yeap I am targeting as well...so hopefully get a good Jax contingent..

Wolfgang was on his custom DR650 this time:evil
  17. twthinking

Oddometer:
    Actually I believe he was on his DR 350 that he beefed up and custom painted, and man can it can move!!!
  18. rhiday

rhiday GrampRidz

Oddometer:
    it was a great day Dean. thank! rob:norton
  19. twthinking

Oddometer:
    I was informed by Ken tonight that it is a DR 650.:scratch I'll ask Wolfgang tomorrow.
  20. g27radio

g27radio We Todd Ed

Oddometer:
    Dbag pointed out to me that it was a 650 when we all met up. It's really lowered, but that engine looked big enough to be a 650. I think it had a 120mph speedometer on it too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.