1984 CR125 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by blbiker56, Apr 30, 2012.

1. blbiker56

blbiker56 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well it seems like im sucked into the bikes produced during the year of 1984 because I started another project bike which is a little brother to the 84 xr350 that My father and i finished recently.

xr350 1984 rebuild link- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762440

But i picked up an awesome deal, found a guy up in Denver selling a 1984 cr125. The bike was apparently rebuilt about a year and a half ago, but it seems like everything was not gone through. The bike was not running when we picked it up but seemed to be in pretty good condition. We only paid $250 for the whole bike which is amazing considering that it only needed some time to get it running again.

will post pics later today, but wanted to get the post for rebuild started. Anyone have any experience with these older 2 stroke bikes?
  2. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess just for piece of mind I'd pop the barrel off and confirm the status of the crank and cylinder before I dropped a single dime. From there I'd keep an eye on the water pump as that can end the show if it fails. From there I'd seriously inspect the rear shock to make sure it isn't blown. Companies like Shock Therapy can bring them back to life for cheap.

I like the old bikes, but good look keeping up with the modern machines.

RZ Rob
  3. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing the pics, but this should probably be moved to the Oldscool 2 stroke forum!
  4. blbiker56

blbiker56 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ha ha, good point ill do that!!! better place for the rebuild.