ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #31
medsurf
n00b

Oddometer: 4
is there a way to do this route on a non street legal bike
medsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #32
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by medsurf View Post
is there a way to do this route on a non street legal bike
No. Although many paths in the UP are open to unlicensed ORVs, you will not be able to do this ride without a plate.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
Friction275
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Lessons learned with Tracks to Routes in BaseCamp

I figured I would share this incase anyone else is having the same issues as I was when using any of the multitude of fantastic routes that Cannon makes available.

I was having a few issues where the routes being created had a bunch of anomalies in them that would have been a PITA to deal with on the bike had I not seen them before heading out.

There were two issues, 1 setup and one "ghost" in the machine.

The first issue was that my route preferences in Basecamp had highway avoidance enabled which created conflicts when following the track across the occasional larger roads. This is normally a good thing with the way I plan routes but in this case it causes conflicts with the trail and BaseCamp. The software, being literal and not being able to understand the intent, was creating chaotic detours around major roads. Once I turned off all of my avoidances the routes were created almost perfectly wit the exception of the issue below.

The "ghost" was that for some reason Basecamp with CityNavigator13 couldn't align some points directly so it created loopbacks to touch all the track points. In some cases that resulted in on-ramp/off ramp U-Turn chaos within the route. To fix it I just zoomed the map out and arrowed through the points one by one once they were listed in the route and deleted the ones that seemed to be the trouble makers. Once I did that the final route fell pretty much on top of the track with only a few minor nudges required here and there. The minor nudges were a simple Drag and drop fix (Option key/click on a mac)
Friction275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #34
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Cannonshot,
I want to thank you in advance for these tracks. Three of us are going to ride up from Ohio Aug 9th and take a week to get it done. Been planning this trip for several months and just now realized we needed passes - ordered them yesterday so I hope they are here in time. I rode the 6 days of Michigan back in the 80's and don't remember special passes just lots of turns and sand -" the times they are a changing."
We will be riding a 500 XCW, 400 DRZ, and a 650 Husky. Thanks again
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote