2013 Ford Fusion

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by nskitts, Mar 3, 2012.

1. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have a kid comin' in August so the G35 Coupe has to go. What do you guys think of the new Fusion that's coming out? Or should I just get in line to get my Camry/Accord and be done with it...

[​IMG]
  2. Nico

Nico ruff

Oddometer:
    Fusions have proven to be fantastic vehicles. The new one seems to scream baby Aston. I like it, sorta.

I think you can't make up your mind about any car without driving them. Bring the car seat and all the baby related baggage along for your test drive, maybe even a doll to load into and out of the car seat. All that stuff is what living with the car will be like.
  3. Fleece Johnson

Fleece Johnson Husky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saw it in metal in Detroit. Thought it looked much better in person. Grill does scream baby Aston. The back was nice too!

We drove both a Camry and Accord(I liked the Camry better), but I let my wife chose and we ended up with an 07 Accord. It's not a bad car, decent grins when you wind up the V6. But with our second baby here I'm pushing for an AWD Taurus SHO.
  4. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear the new Fusion will have a turbo 4 that will get 37MPG...not sure what the MPG will be in AWD..
  5. Fleece Johnson

Oddometer:
    Looks like it could be the same motor that they are putting in the 2013 escape....?

Seems a little down on power, but if it gets 35+ MPG HWY ask me if I care! :D

Put me on the list for a test drive! :deal
  6. mike884

mike884 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wait for the Fusion & Ecoboost.. and go test drive one, especially over the Accord/Camry.. I think you will be mighty impressed. No shame in going the Ford route, the vehicles are top notch, and coming from a G35 the Fusion will be the more sporting ride for sure.
  7. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    I saw a 2012 Camry on the road the other day....what an awful looking car.
  8. Fleece Johnson

Oddometer:
    The first 10 or 12 I saw I swore they were Corollas. :eek1
  9. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    It think it is a great looking car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    For the most part, Japan's lost the plot. Innovation is once again mainly in Europe and the Americas, with even Korea out-Japaning Asia.

Fusion.
  11. JNRobert

JNRobert Breaking Wind

Oddometer:
    As these threads wouldn't have any form without contrariness - may I respectfully suggest

[​IMG]

p.s. The resemblance to an Aston Martin is like comparing Sandra Bernhard with Angelina Jollie on account both woman have large grills
  12. JamesG

JamesG Rabid Poster

Oddometer:
    I can't tell them apart from the Civics or Accords unless I see the logos or brand names on the back. Bland...
  13. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    We love our Passat wagon, but the CC starts at $31k now. :huh

14. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:

:nod Nice.
  15. green hell

green hell yawning or snarling

Oddometer:
    toyota has lost their mind(s).

the new fusion is very attractive. the first model, eh, not so much. i'd consider one with all-wheel drive and a stick shift.
  16. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    37 mpg wouldn't surprise me. Our 2010 with a 6 speed manual gets 33 pretty consistently on the highway. It has been a nearly flawless car.
  17. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    I qualify for double upgrades when picking up car rentals but I stick with the Fusion, if offered.

Unless offered the 300 with the big v8. For some reason, love that car.:lol3
  18. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    I actually expected some shit from the Japanese fan boys...hell I used to be a Honda man having owned several, my next door neighbor has a new camry and I thought it was just me that thought it was ugly. Plus, I have a Ford dealer five miles from my house. I live in a pretty rural area so that says a lot. The nearest Honda dealer is 35 miles..Subaru 50 miles Chevy 30 miles(!)...and VW?..hell I would get ran outta town! Honestly I grew up a ford man as thats all my dad would own. I even have some roller rockers for a 460 over in FM right now for sale..but I never thought I would ever go back to ford as they fell so far behind with the rest of the domestics. But, I am actually thinkin Ford is back. As far as the four cylinder being down on power at 237 HP, I can remember when we all thought the 5.0 mustangs were the shit with 225 horsepower back in the early nineties.
  19. Fleece Johnson

Oddometer:
    HAHA! I had an '84 5.0 convertible in High School. I thought that thing was a rocketship!

I guess I'm overstating when I said down on power. The new Camry and Accord have ~270 HP V6's. They are both rated at 30 mpg hwy. But I'll take an extra 10 mpg over 40 more HP. Like you said... 237 is hardly anemic
  20. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've worked in the car biz for years and to be honest when th fusion came out I was expecting many troubles because it was all new. The steering actually scared me electric reallly:huh. But it works and it works very well. If I was a new famially man and needed a new car I would also give a look to the new Escape.

[​IMG]