Bundaberg

Discussion in 'Australia' started by thumper-darryl, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:

Its on special here, $45 a litre bottle. :freaky
  2. Wodger63

Wodger63 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And once again, rural Queensland will be the last place the Government spend money to repair infrastructure and roads.
  3. turkey380

turkey380 turkey380

Oddometer:
    G`Day Your right about forgetting the country. Here at Turkey Beach we had 1000mm and road washed away at the bridge .Only one way in ,local council worker on own got gravel to fill hole as a temporary measure.Hope we no more rain as it will wash out.Do not know when council will fix it.
  4. charlie59

charlie59 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

there's still main roads around cq that hav'nt been touched from the floods two years ago!!. but brissy nearly got one so thats all that matters. hope you blokes in bundy and other flooded areas come through it ok.
    cheers charlie.
  5. 2upAussie990

2upAussie990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still haven't fixed my roads at my block at Gin Gin from the last floods, lost 100's of m3 of dirt then, hate to think what it looks like now.:puke1:puke1:puke1
    Same here with the coverage, 20 seconds of what has happened localy here and 56 hours of what has been going on in Bris
  6. Sleepy John

Sleepy John Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's what sells advertising that gets shown. No more, no less.
  7. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    So, showing thousands of flooded homes sells what, exactly...?
    Insurance? Mops & buckets?
    Notice that as soon as the Ginger Ninja announces that we're going to have an election on Yom Kippur, coverage of both fire & flood virtually stopped dead?
    By your logic, this will be to sell political advertising; personally, I think I'd rather have mops & buckets.
  8. Precis

Oddometer:
    With all this flooding, it's possible that "Asylum seekers" could reach Lightening Ridge by boat.....:evil
  9. Gordonktm

Gordonktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just read a press release via another site Bundy Rum donated 200K to the flood relief and the distillery is all ok no need to panic buy.
  10. Precis

Oddometer:
    Jeez - so I pillaged the wife's credit card for nothing? Dayum, she's gonna be grumpy - with a capital F.
    At least I got a discount fuel voucher.....
  11. Jono660

Jono660 Yamafied

Oddometer:
    Very quick update, went in with work today. the places I saw over north are in a bad way. :cryHouses just totally gone and foundations removed. It is as bad over East I believe and it will take some time to rebuild. I also know of a mate who has lost some bikes. Anyway we'll see what happens but even though it's finnished in the media to some extent, it's a long way from finnished for some people. Not too bad for me, lost bugger all and got power back today after nearly a week.:clap.
  12. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Roads and infrastructure completely gone, plus many homes and everything else around them just gone.
  13. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Long timer

Oddometer:
    We were in Bundaberg last Thursday night/Friday morning as "guests" of Queensland rail. We're on vacation from thethe US and were supposed to take the Sunlander to Mackay but when we got to the station in Brisbane we were told that the Sunlander train was stuck in Rockhampton and QR was supplying buses to get us to Mackay. When we hit Bundaberg we found that the highway was flooded and we ended up in a motel in B'berg overnight. Friday morning we were offered the choice of staying in B'berg or being bussed back to Brisbane. We left just a few hours before the heavy flooding started. We ended up cancelling part of our trip and flying directly to Cairns. Watching the damage on tv, I count myself lucky.
  14. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
    we're here :D

me and nik have just moved to moore park beach so i reckon i'll be needing a few of you fella's to be showing us the good stuff :freaky

i'm bringing the 660 tenere and the drz400 with me and nik has just tonight bought herself a wr250r so count us in for some rides in the area
  15. thumper-darryl

thumper-darryl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to heaven. Most of the riding we are doing is better suited to the Drz400. I head to Canada for three weeks, but will be looking forward to getting out when I get back. Keep in touch.
  16. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
    :thumb will do maaaaaaaate :D

nik wants you to bring her back some maple syrup :lol3

and you're right about this being heaven.. we're sitting here on our patio listening to the ocean ... it's nearly as nice as the sound of the junkies and the freeway back home :D
  17. jollyrodger2005

jollyrodger2005 DIRTY OLD MAN

Oddometer:
    Kroombit is now open,how about organizing a weekend up my way and I'll take you up there for a overnight-er in july for a nice cool -5 camp out beside a big bon fire at the wall.:evil
  18. GSXR

GSXR Trail Rider

Oddometer:
    Nice move Derek! From what I've seen in the last three years or so, you've got tons of great riding ahead.
  19. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
    so who's up for a ride this weekend :ear
  20. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    Sunday from Childers?