New BMW Service Shop in Western WA

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by DRONE, May 11, 2013.

1. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Edit December 2017--Though Alex's shop has been tremendously successful, Alex has decided to relocate to Calgary, Alberta. His shop in Buckley is now closed. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the last paying customer out the door with a new clutch installed in my GSA. Though he's leaving behind quite a vacuum for many of us, I'm sure we all wish Alex the best of luck with his new venture.

Surprised but happy to find out that Alex Guth has opened up a new shop for BMW's. If you don't know him already, Alex used to be the Service Manager at South Sound BMW. Really good guy and knows a shitload about GS's. He's one of those "been there, done that" kind of guys when it comes to GS's. I use SSBMW for my 1150GSA (WUMPA) and always asked for Alex do the work. As Service Manager, he was usually too busy, but when he could--he would. I'm not much of a wrench (well . . . compared to some of you guys) and so I really appreciated how Alex explained stuff for me.

No affiliation, but wanted to give him a shout out. I only found out about this because I ran into him at a restaurant here and he told me the news.

This is him--

[​IMG]
    (stole this off his website)

His website is alyxmoto.com.

The shop is located about 15 minutes from the Maple Valley exit on Rt. 18. Kinda out in the boonies, but if yer bike's outside the warranty period, who wants to pay dealer prices?

I'm gonna post this in the PNW Vendor's thread too.
  2. Eastview

Eastview Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Alex is the man.......If you want the job done right every time he can make it happen. I have had great service at SSBMW and I believe he was behind most of it. Good luck in your new shop ALEX!!!!
  3. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's good to see a re-emergence of indepenent BMW shops. The corporate mentality of Bavaria doesn't always translate well here.

Port Townsend Honda (360 385-6632) and Marine has a new owner and mechanic. Travis Lopeman, the longtime mechanic there, has purchased the business and added Jeremy, an experienced BMW mechanic. We may be at the end of the road but the light of civilization is beginning to dawn! Dave
  4. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    Cool. Just sent Alex a note. I live on the Eastside and while I love SSBMW and Ride West, I hate the traffic, distances and tolls. Always wished for a BMW dealership in Issaquah. I've met Alex a few times in doing my major GS service down there. Good guy.

Looks like Alex will provide me a nice relaxing country ride to meet my service needs.
  5. puckinet

puckinet Safety third

Oddometer:
    Just bumping Alex back to page one, just want to see the guy do well he's a great tech.
  6. Pokey66C23

Pokey66C23 Burroman, half man, half burro.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up on Alex's venture. I just sent him an note and am looking forward to supporting a new maintenance option for my 1150. Maybe I'll be able to talk him into turning wrenches on a KTM or two!
  7. puckinet

puckinet Safety third

Oddometer:
    Won't take much he is alread working on one, I think he has the cable for the computers for diagnosits and reseting the service I know he does for the BMW's.
  8. Nickywind

Nickywind CurbJumper

Oddometer:
    I had my bike serviced by SSBMW for several years and always went through Alex for the work - I trusted him completely, and he never let me down. It's nice to work with someone who truly cares, and Alex is just that - he's passionate about motorcycles, and passionate about the work he does. My husband and I have already brought one bike to him, and he'll have our business as long as our wheels are turning (if they're not I'm sure he can fix that too though).
    Congrats Alex!
  9. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Had a chance to take my GS hack to see Alex at his new shop. Very relaxed setting--

[​IMG]
  10. Muncle

Muncle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Drone for the information. I had Alex do a service on my recent purchased 2010 GSA yesterday.
    Very happy with the experience, high tech skills and the price was fair. Being new to the BMWs Alex was very helpful.
    The bike runs better than before and I have a better appreciation for the machine.
  11. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    Same here.

Alyx got my sons F650 Dakar and my R1200 GSA ready for our Alaska trip in 2 weeks. He fixed things the dealer didn't fix. He gave great advice as well. He has a passion for the bikes and it shows.

Btw: Getting to his shop is a nice ride for me as. I can take country roads from my house to get there. No toll bridges or long rides to the south for me as long as Alyx is available.
  12. whitham_wannabe

whitham_wannabe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got my sidecar back from Alyx, after a replacement driveshaft and general service. Very happy with the service, price and experience!
  13. gordojordo

gordojordo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I called Alyx about some overland maintenance on my F650gs and he had me in his shop within just a couple days.

I was very pleased with his service, efficiency and cost. He is a super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable and, best of all, honest. I highly recommend him for anybody looking to have their BMW serviced.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  14. Travism

Travism Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was fortunate enough to meet Alex at the AltRider Hoh event this weekend where he donated a great deal of his time giving out free service, setup and advice for participants. He's an upstanding fellow!
  15. Muncle

Muncle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Getting ready for a trip into the Southwest and needed the 48k service. Alyx got me right in and did a top notch job on the old girl.
    Saved myself some money and got the best service possible, now that is a win/win. 48K on my "10", not a problem, looks like this bike will be good for another 100K.
    :clap
  16. Shred Head Fred

Shred Head Fred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the privilege of riding sweep with Alyx on the Hoh Rainforest Ride in August. In the evening he supported any rider that had questions or problems with their bike at no charge. Very laid back, knowledgeable and he can ride. I do all the maintenance that I can possibly do, but if I need something done I'll make the effort to haul my bike to Seattle from Portland to have him do my work. :thumbup
  17. Muncle

Muncle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Busted one of the GSA lower lights back in April and made a epoxy repair that held up till the middle of trip down into Utah.
    So driving along at night with the road well light under me, guess I am going to need to replace that light.
    Made another temp epoxy repair and checked into replacement cost. Not that much money for new one, but, not any more light.
    Contacted Alex and found he is a distributor for Clearwater lights, :clap Ordered a set of Darlas (http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_darla.html)
    Will let you know how they work out.

Had a great ride with great weather till we got close to the great NW. Wind and rain the last 250 miles. Still great riding
  18. Muncle

Muncle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New lights installed
    [​IMG]
    Very professional, look great and I really like the dimmer and bright flasher. Clearwater has a great product.
  19. Muncle

Muncle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am really enjoying the new Clearwater Darlas, more visibility
    and more light at night.
    Win Win
    :clap:clap
  20. cirrus365

cirrus365 beaned

Oddometer:
    Alex is the man! If you need service, there is not a better place to go in the Northwest. I highly recommend Alyxmoto. Give him a call. :freaky