coasta rica

Discussion in 'Americas' started by flogg it fast, Dec 29, 2013.

1. flogg it fast

flogg it fast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Going down to Costa Rica at the end of January. :clap Going to rent bikes from Wild Rider. We can't get them to respond to our email or answer the US phone number. Does anybody know if they usually book up months in advance or if they usually have bikes readily available? Any info, let me know. Reply, call or text at 850-499-3407. Thanks!
  2. Meatn'taters

Meatn'taters Not any more Supporter

Oddometer:
    My guess is it's the holidays and they're off enjoying them. Suggest you give them a try after the 1st. Rented a little car from them last spring - Thorsten was awesome to deal with and service was stellar (delivered and picked up car from our hotel). I know they have a lot of bikes and cars to rent. Where you headed?
  3. flogg it fast

flogg it fast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    headed anywhere and everywhere not the busy tourist areas 6 days on bikes should get see a lot for first time to cr. want to do the coast and mountains , volcanos any suggestions.
  4. Meatn'taters

Meatn'taters Not any more Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wife and I did two weeks in a teeny little Daihatsu Terio jeep - started in Cahuita on the Caribbean (awesome little town), went cross country to Vernal (rainy, foggy, left early) to the Nicoyan Peninsula. Drove lots of dirt and gravel road miles. Highly recommend Las Tortugas Hotel - surfers paradise. Not touristy at all - loved this place at lot, very relaxing, very informal food and drink on site. http://www.lastortugashotel.com/ We went south from there to Montezuma, very cool little hippy town. Loved his place as well. Can't go wrong wherever you go - couple great reports on here. Have fun, stay patient with Wild Rider - good people.
  5. flogg it fast

flogg it fast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the info cheers.
  6. traveler137

traveler137 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Florida, Ohio, Costa Rica or Parts Unknown
    There are two rental/tour companies in ATENAS, the small town that I live in. The town is about !/2 hour west of the airport. Wild Rider is about 1/2 hour East of the airport in San Jose.
    The one company is called MOTOS COSTA RICA, and there website is-----
    http://www.motoscostarica.com They have 400cc Hondas called NX400 Falcons.These bikes would be the equivilant of a XL400 if they made one for THe States. Definitely can ride two up on these bikes. It's a nice easy to ride bike that is made for the Central American, South American market. The owners name is Fred and he lives in Virginia. Check out their web site.
    The other company is called MOTO TOURS COSTA RICA, and they rent KTMs, and are more off road oriented. The owners names are Wayne and RJ.
    Here is their web site https://www.mototourscostarica.com/

Hope this helps, traveler137
  7. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    tamarindo area and dominical for surf, manuel Antonio for monkeys, fortuna and lake arenal for the volcano. its prime season so bike rental maybe busy, and expect traffic.
  8. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    I'll be there first 2 wks of February :freaky
    6 days won't get you much traveling unless you're on the move every day.
    You have a good map? Been researching routes and where to stay?
    Let us know if you have questions.....
    Tuanis mae!
  9. riderddonald

riderddonald Lost rider

Oddometer:
    Search for Ride Reports, there are quite a lot of good ones with lots of info. I did one last year, Costa Rica, finally (sorry I don't know how to link). Lots of great riding, Nicoya Penninsila and The cloud forest area were my favorite. Great place and great people. Have a good time.
  10. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
  11. riderddonald

riderddonald Lost rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks