A few questions!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by yvautrin, Jul 20, 2014.

1. yvautrin

yvautrin Dive & Ride

Oddometer:
    Good morning to everyone, I have a few questions for the KTM experts hanging around here!

Since a couple of weeks, there is a "click-click-click" kind of noise on the right side on the bike. I thought it was the waterpump, so I rebuilded it (it was necessary at the end, as one of the bearings was dead!), but I still have the same noise...any idea?

Changed the engine oil as well, and the oil light on the "dashboard" doesn't go off...

Now, I start as well to have a leak on the fuel tap of the right tank when it is on open position, i took it off, celaned it, disassemble it, nothing looks suspicious...Should I replace it? anyone knows of other tap I can put on my bike instead of the OEM KTM ones?

Bike : 990 Adv S EU 2008

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
  2. yvautrin

yvautrin Dive & Ride

Oddometer:
    oops! sorry, one more question!

I replaced the Light bulb (H7), as the low beam was not working anymore, and still the same....Hi Beam=ok, Low Beam=nothing...

Thanks
  3. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    You've got several issues, only two might be related.

Yes, buy a new OEM petcock and be done with it....

Oil light won't go out and a clicking in the motor with fresh oil sounds like a pump problem... I'd take the bike to someone with experience that can check oil pressure or narrow down what's clicking...

As for your light, try another bulb to be sure, if high beam won't work you'll need to trace the wire from the headlight to the switch. Could be cracked/broke or just rusted at a connector.
  4. Peanuts

Peanuts Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful but often rainy North Yorkshire, UK
    Dont ride it until the clicking has been cured.

Did you use a genuine KTM oil filter when you did the oil change? Non genuine ones have been known to cause problems.