AR SLAP Trax

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by DrLewall, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Elvis70

Elvis70 No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer:
    Now that I am all registered and what not I been looking at routes. That Elvis track in the first post is mine. It is a real nice ride from Oark East and then North up to Parthenon, and loop around to Kingston and on to Withrow Springs State Park and Huntsville. If I can't find a group to tag along with Saturday when I get down there early that morning then I will probably just ride that and try to make Granny's kitchen in Huntsville for lunch.

If anybody is interested in following me on that route I will lead it, if not I will try to join up in somebody elses group.

I ride a pretty quick pace, have led 2 groups ant 2 previous S.L.A.P. events and we had fun.

This route has a few water crossings. They could be deep that time of year, just depends on the timing of the rains.
  2. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    Yup- guilty as charged! Unfortunately, I am using IE since it is what was on my PC laptop when I bought it. After reading your post, I downloaded Firefox and it is as easy to use as you said it was! I was assuming that the problem was going to be a lot more complicated, but I'm glad all it took was a new browser.

Thanks!
  3. showmegirl

showmegirl showmegirl

Oddometer:
    I was directed to this thread to find the tracks (maps) for the SLAP ride next weekend. On the first page I see SEVERAL maps but none of them are titled SLAP. Can someone point me in the right direction to get the routes for SLAP 2014?
  4. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    There are no "maps" to speak of..these are GPX files you can put into your gps and follow..all these files are very close to Byrds Adv Ctr and can keep you entertained for weeks.

I have tried to keep a brief discription of each GPX that I have up loaded, and I have asked others to o the same, but I can't babysit them all the time you know.

Now if you are looking for the SLAP Single Tracks, they have not been post up in this thread, yet..the Okie Boyz may have another place to put them, even tho it would make more sense to put them here. :deal
  5. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Doc, they said they would post em in SLAP Tracks when they had ridden them.
  6. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Tnx Charlie..I had read that Steve had the track but he was short on time trying to get them cleaned up and posted..keeping fingers crossed before this years SLAP..if anything, am sure there will be some posted here for next year. :ricky
  7. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I recommend grabbing the AR500 routes from last year and this year.
    Those are always great, full day dual sport rides and even if you just chose sections of each to ride, you won't be disappointed. You just need to be aware of the river crossings that you might have to route around since it's rainy season.
    River status can usually be determined by talking to the guys who ride up there all the time.
  8. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    River status will likely be determined by the 3" of rain we are supposed to get in the next two days. It does drop fast though.
  9. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I'm bringing some arm floaties just in case.
  10. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are the tracks I got from a couple weeks ago.

Lots of singletrack and some important waypoints in here. These tracks are not for big bikes.

Attached Files:

11. showmegirl

showmegirl showmegirl

Oddometer:
    Thanks gentleman. Hawkeye Guy and I will see you tomorrow.
  12. Spanky15

Spanky15 Dirt Slider

Oddometer:
    ...are easy on KLR's with 705's ....:lol3 just ask Doc! Hope you FF's are good...be out of town for a bit! Ride on!
  13. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I do think of you sometimes you know..always wonderin how you are doin and such..and Ms Lisa..hope all is well with you guys!
  14. Greg Wildwood

Greg Wildwood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My buddy Fred and I did this yesterday (9-13-14) on 1200 GS and had a blast. Thanks for posting.

Best
  15. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    you are most welcome. Glad you had fun and enjoyed it! :ricky
  16. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    068 Huntsville to Alma, dirt route to Ft Smith, both ROUTES and TRAX

This is about 68 miles via dirt, mostly, thru the White Rock/Mill Creek area. There are a couple of different routes/trax in which you can mix it up and still get to hwy 64 to go to Ft Smith

This route/track is very big bike friendly..all county roads, graded and maintained. Remember, you are not the only one out there on these roads so watch your speed.

Mapsource 2011

Both ROUTES and TRAX

Attached Files:

17. rustynut2

rustynut2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    can anyone tell me why Dr's file is saving itself as a PHP file and not gpx.
  18. bamamate

bamamate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Internet Explorer will do that. There may be a work around but I never looked for one. I flip over to FireFox to download them.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  19. rustynut2

rustynut2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    that's what I'm using, its doing it at home, work, all the gpx files. Didn't use to. Dammit....Must be a work around.
  20. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    Two work-around options:

1. To download the file, right-click on it and select "Save Target as", and use the filename "068HSV_Alma.gpx".

2. If you already downloaded it, just rename the "attachment.php" file to "068HSV_Alma.gpx".

You can name the file anything you want, just make sure the new extension (last three after the dot) are .gpx