SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
  2. Gateshutter

Gateshutter Long timer

Oddometer:

that's A cool looking bike I like it alot... was that you on thurday in a parking bay on the Dukes Hi way ?
  3. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Not me Stu, I loaded it up onto a trailer and carted it down here last Sat.

I'm gonna have to talk to you 'big bike boys' about the front end on it feeling very iffy when on anything loose. It could just be the type of tyre, or more than likely me doing something wrong...other than that I like it very much. I suppose you noticed that the baffles fell out of the Leo Vince cans on the way down here??????:wink:
  4. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Guys do you think we could get a ride report from these lads, chick on left, chick on right LOL How do I get a job like this ?

[​IMG]
  5. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Maybe if we could just get hold of the helmet cam vision!!!:hmmmmm
  6. Gateshutter

Gateshutter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldnt go in the water this year I have a friend who flys choppers and he says he sees sharks off the coast every day. Big ones too
  7. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    I'm safe then....can't swim, keeps me out of the water...LOL
  8. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    I could lend them my "chesty cam" that should do the trick..

Terry
  9. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, lets see. The Police get on the media and bang on about motorcycle safety, wear the proper safety gear etc. etc.

And then ride around in front of the entire beach full of people and the media with short sleeve shirts and no gloves.

Do as I say, not as I do.
  10. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    But they ARE carrying the new Smith & Wesson Military and Police .40 (13 shot) to shoot out the tyres of any KTM or Husaberg daring to pass........good point though..:evil
  11. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Kipo even worse is on the black top with a blue shirt with bare arms, I never go out without a jacket.
  12. Gateshutter

Gateshutter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Evidence tampering .? Never :wink:
  13. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Hush your mouth!!! Just verifying authenticity of master copy, at the same time duplicating it for the 'working file'.:evil
  14. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    At least they are sun smart & wearing shades :chace

..................... or is that so they can look out the corner of their eyes at the beach babes without being obvious :lol3
    :beer
  15. rabrd001

rabrd001 Solo Adventurer

Oddometer:

OH SHIT really.... im a keen as Kite Surfer head out all the time thanks for the heads up...
  16. Desert Matt

Desert Matt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's been a few good days for me.

On Sunday I got on the Tenere, and followed Doc's instructions for a ride from Kapunda to Burra. The Riverton to Tarlee road was a good warm up, and then onto Taylors Run road. Nice road. Out from Marrabel the roads were just as good. A quick stop at the Julia Creek monument, then off again. I got a bit caught up on the beautiful roads, and ended up on a bluff overlooking Robertstown, down the little track to the flats I hooked up with the Burra road again. This was nice and open and a little challenging due to the big Northerly blowing in. Got to Burra, had an iced coffee looking over the mine, then back on the road.
    Back down the Adelaide road, I turned off to Black Springs. Following my nose I ended up at the wind farm, with an open gate. Man those things are big! There appears to be lots of gap roads to explore, but alot look like unused dead ends, so I kept powering on through Tothill and back towards Julia Creek. Spent a little time checking out the tracks, and joining them in my head, and then headed home. Good day out on the tracks. Gonna head back out there soon.

Monday I headed off on a bitumen adventure. First through Marrabel to Eudunda, then down to Kapunda and Greenock and through to Bethany to catch up with the folks. From there I headed up over Menglers Hill to Eden Valley and Springton, then across to Williamstown. On to Kersbrook then across the mad mile to Gorge road, up the corkscrew, across Montegue, over to Greenhill then down to the city. This bike is a great bike for these roads. It is good to corner, but never really wants to get over 80 km, meaning the police aren't a worry. I loved riding the hills so much that I went back up there again today, and headed out to Lobethal too. Might even go again tomorrow.

All up 600 km on the new Ten in 3 days. Getting to love the bike more and more every ride. Looking forward to fitting some knobbies and getting stuck into the dirt a bit more, but am really enjoying black top riding as I have never done it before.

So many decisions to make....
  17. Knackers

Knackers Ubique

Oddometer:
    They are there most of the time but more in summer. No different to any other year.

Nothing to worry about.
  18. Gateshutter

Gateshutter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im no marine biologist but there is actually more since the greenys wanted to protect them they have grown in numbers.. and like any other animal sometimes a cull is needed to reduce the numbers ..
  19. Knackers

Knackers Ubique

Oddometer:
    Not so. There are probably far less than there ever were. As a result of increased surveillance and more people out on the water they are seen more. I've been diving and fishing (recreationally and commerially) in SA waters for 25+ years. There are less, not more. But every season is different as the sharks follow the fish. As we are in Snapper spawning season (closed season for November) the sharks will be following the snapper schools. There are plenty of snapper increasing every season and they surprisingly close into shore. What sharks there are follow these schools.

But I do agree they are making a comeback but this is good. I'm talking about whalers which are not much of an issue for swimmers in clear water close to shore. I certainly would not stop diving, swimming, surfing etc because of one off sightings, especially whalers. If it was a white hanging around then different story altogether.
  20. mcfear

mcfear now known as many things

Oddometer:
    There. We're 2 big ones just off henely beach 2 days ago, yesterday there was one right underneath the henely beach jetty and when we were jetty diving today out there not too long after we finished we could see some shapes swimming around again