(26-29) - Northwest Touratech and Overland Adventure Rally,Plaine, Wa

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by 4corners14, Jun 7, 2014.

1. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    (26-29) - Northwest Touratech and Overland Adventure Rally,Plaine, Wa

http://expeditionportal.com/overlandrallies/

So......who's going and how will we know you? :ear

My brother and I will be there Thursday eve., can't decide whether to trailer and take two bikes (for me), one for Friday and one for Saturday, or just pack up the 990 and ride there......decisions. :evil

Some of this :freaky, lots of riding like :hair, and hopefully a bunch of :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

SEE YOU THERE!
  2. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    I work that Saturday but plan to wander up there on Sunday. I'll be on a blue & white Dakar and probably wearing some kind of shooting-related t shirt. Jacket is a gray RevIt with a hiviz vest.

1911fan
  3. LongWays

LongWays No one's treading on you, sweetie.

Oddometer:
    City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
    Anyone try to order tickets off the website? Just wondering if they are backordered :dunno
  4. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ....exactly what you mean here? They don't actually send you the tickets....your name will be on the list when you get there.:deal

5. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in sharing a room at the lodge ? http://www.beavervalleylodge.com
    I'd like to make my own meals, have a hot shower after a ride, need the internet access, etcÂ…

Thanks.
  6. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    I will be riding there on Thursday morning from Seattle.Can't miss me,I will be on the red and white XT350 Overlander.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. camerone

camerone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be there Fri/Sat, hanging around and wandering while my girlfriend works the ExOfficio clothing booth (she works in their the corporate office.) The sidecar "prop" by the booth will be mine...we're riding over, but I need to take her with me plus camping gear, so we're probably taking the 3-wheeler instead of the 'GS :) No off-pavement for me, but looking forward to the rally...

Attached Files:

8. NWPanzer

NWPanzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding over from Spokanistan Thursday - looking forward to seeing everyone. Would love to meet 1911 fan (love patriotpost.us).

I'll be riding the desert tan plasti-dipped G650GS Sertao. It's actually cooler looking than it sounds. And yes it will be dirty - because we all know a clean GS is a dirty shame. :D
  9. dr350maniac

dr350maniac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be there as a vendor.

DRZ 400S
    2009 Silverado Dually truck with an Arctic Fox truck camper on it and a 20' cargo trailer with awning on the side (awning may or may no be deployed depending on wind)
  10. alfabc

alfabc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Planning on riding up from the Portland area with a buddy. Not sure if we should take the 5 north and then east on 2, or take the fun twisty bits of 503/90/25/12/ etc. Freeway is 4.5 hours, twisty is 6.5 hours. Each doesn't include gas stops and butt breaks. I'll be on a white BMW G650GS with black cases and he's a tall fella on a KTM 640.

Anyone recommend one route over the other? I was thinking twisties on the way up, and freeway home on Sunday with hopefully lower traffic levels than weekdays.
  11. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    We will be there, stop by our booth for some adult beverages and possibly some giveaways.

Konflict Motorsports & Suspension Inc.
    www.konflictmotorsports.com
  12. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    Avoid Stevens Pass on Sunday, thousands of westbound coasties plugging up the road. I've seen it stop-and-go for miles on long weekends.
    Blewett/I90 will probably be as bad. Find some secondary roads.

1911fan
  13. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    You have no choice for going west from Plain.Stevens , Blewett/I 90 or N Cascades .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. alba

alba Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if NF-6700 / Rainy Creek Rd is open? NF website lists it as "Condition Unknown". I've never been down this road so would like to give it a try but prefer not to do a u-turn as I will be getting in late on Thu.
  15. transalprider26

transalprider26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As of 3 days ago there is still a lot of snow on 6700. Not sure if it'll be passable by the time of the rally.

16. ttime4four

ttime4four JZ

Oddometer:
    I'll be there on a matte green Tiger 800XC -- shown here without the luggage...

[​IMG]

And fully loaded...

[​IMG]

I'll be riding up from PDX on Thursday morning. Might go east and up through Yakima and Ellensburg to avoid the I-5 slog.

:baldy