Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. AZmike

AZmike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Adso

Adso n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi gang,

I see that there have been a few posts on motoidaho.com. However, when I click on them all I can see is what appears to be the first post in each, but cannot see any of the replies. I am not able to post a new reply, even though I'm logged in.

I'm assuming that not being able to read replies, or post has something to do with not being a paid member.

Suggestions for consideration (assuming I can't read replies or post because i'm not a paid member):

1. Make the forums readable without logging in. (like advrider). I've been a long time lurker on advrider. Just reading the posts fueled my decision to buy a bigger bike and do more with the sport.
    2. If you want to keep a section of the forums private, create a members only section. That way it would give non paid folks a chance to interact with paid members. I could see where club members could answer questions from new riders, arrange for riding buddies with non-members, etc. Perhaps that will help with participation on the site.
    3. If you are restricting forum posts to paid members only, change the "you are not allowed to post in the forums" message to something like "Only paid members can post in the members only forums". It would save folks from wondering why they can't post, even if they registered for the site.

Thanks for listening!

Adam
  3. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Good to hear your concerns... the club is still working out leadership issues and details about how much membership will be, amount of challenge fees etc, and discussion is on-going about website development and/or changes... it is going to take some time to sort out all these details, but they are being worked on.

We have a 2014 challenge in the works, and should post something in the next few days about a 2013 challenge recognition event and 2014 challenge kick off.

stay tuned... I agree that it would be a good idea to be able to browse the site even if your not a current member... it may be a good way to generate interest and pull in more members and participation...

thanks rick
  4. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    just letting everyone know about the IAMC annual Dinner and Challenge Recognition... hope to see you there.

I hope this isn't considered spam as most folks that frequent this thread will want this information:

http://www.motoidaho.com/node/2155
  5. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Boise riders.

On my next ride, I am planning to start in Jarbidge, NV then head east into Idaho and then south into Utah then back into NV and up into Jarbidge.

I am planning to ride over the Raft River Mountains in the Sawtooth National Forest in NW Utah. It appears there are some ORV trails in the area.

I am looking for a map of the trails.

Somewhere I saw a mention of a trail that goes south from Clear Creek to the ridge line of the range. I think it said it was open to motorcycles.

I am also planning to go over the Dove Creek and Grouse Creek Ranges.

Does anyone have any local knowledge about this area? :ear
  6. idahojoe

idahojoe shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, long time no post. I'm a little out of the loop, but does anyone in Boise have a KTM 690 that would be willing to let Rekluse use it for clutch development? We had one for our preliminary measurements, but that person sold it out of state. If your interested, please send me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you. Thank you.
  7. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    Just a reminder to those IAMC members who haven't paid their club dues yet, you can do it from the club's website, just go to "my account' click on the "membership" tab and scroll down to "purchase membership", you'll notice that the price has dropped for 2014 dues:) For those members who wish to give input concerning the club, nomination of the new officers, or to volunteer to help with any club functions, there will be a meeting after the 2013 Challenge Recognition meeting and dinner on March 22nd.
  8. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    Anyone planning on trailering to the Wallowa Jamboree this year? I am looking for a mule to haul the heavy stuff, tent, air mattress, chairs, extra rain gear so I can travel light and still live in comfort when I get there. I have a trailer that will haul two bikes if someone wants to use it.
  9. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River

Oddometer:
    :y0!

:wave
  10. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:

Aaaaand... SOLD! to the round yellow guy behind the desk :clap
  11. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE Working Class Zero

Oddometer:
    Piney McPineface’s Remedial Resort (Google Maps)
    Umm spam?!?!?!?!?
  12. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those you are offended that, occasionally, posts here are related to IAMC information please forgive me for adding to your offense. Please bear in mind that we are locals to Boise and many of us troll this thread. Posting info here is quick way to get information out to those who would like to have it. :D

Now to my point, anyone that participated in either of the 2012/2013 IAMC challenges is encouraged to go to http://www.motoidaho.com/node/2204 and ensure their accounting of which sites they visited is accurate. I'll be counting the beans soon so we can get the correct amount of stickers ordered. :clap
  13. WhichWayNow

WhichWayNow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rain gear? We don't need no stinking rain gear. It's going to be warm and sunny all weekend. :jkam

Maybe???

:hide
  14. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    Excellent point Ron, I believe what they have in Oregon is called "liquid sunshine". Way more enjoyable that that nasty "rain" crap we get in Idaho.
    [​IMG]
  15. Solarbronco

Solarbronco Long timer

Oddometer:
    A bottle of Pendelton on the ground, nice beverage choice! :evil
  16. touchngodan

touchngodan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I sent a PM.
  17. GGAlex

GGAlex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe this will help get you started:
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sawtooth/null/recarea/?recid=5807&actid=93
    If it were in ID, you'd have the excellent ID trails mapping web site to poke around virtually. Or is there a UT version?

I do not see a MVU map for the Unit, but I could be overlooking it. Such would be your best resource if one exists.
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/sawtooth/maps-pubs

Best of luck!
    Enjoy.
  18. GGAlex

GGAlex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I joined this forum in 2007, lurked until 2011, and my last post not including one I just did on this thread, was 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM. I figured I should first reply with hopefully-helpful info in reply to an inmate request before I go on blabbing about myself, which I shall now do:

When I joined, I was a lowly NETRA B-mediocre enduro rider living in upstate NY, starting to think about dual sporting and ADVing. A lot has happened since then, and by grace of chaos, I am now a Boise resident as of last July. And finally an ADV bike owner with the recent acquisition of an F800GSA, this only adds to my ride choices and does not displace my love of offroad and single track on my 250XC or Berg FE450.

I came to ID in great part for motorcycling, my wife and I having fallen in love with the state during a 1996 visit, and it only took 17 years to fulfill a dream, but here we are. I am very excited for the MC people I will meet and the rides I will take of all types as long as the Universe allows me breath and balance.

So that's it for now, just wanted to say hello. And I look forward to bumping in to as many of my fellow Idahoans ADVers as time goes by. This is going to be a good year, I am sure of it.

Be well,
  19. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for poking around for me. I have the MVUM for the area and I found that page about the campground. :D There is another cool Utah State web page that may be handy if anyone runs across this by accident.

I am mostly looking for local knowledge. I thought maybe someone from Boise had been there before. It is not so far away. Looks like there are a lot of hunters hanging around in the Google Earth image.
  20. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome! Now you get to wait for the ice to melt and the ground to dry with the rest of us! :-)