GSA fuel guage

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by cdo1uk, Aug 17, 2009.

1. cdo1uk

cdo1uk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2007 GS adventure... not had it long. I filled it up when i got it, and run it till the fuel guage said almost empty.... yesterday i went out for a ride, the trip showed i had done 190 miles and the fuel guage was 2 to 3 bars off empty, so i filled it up again... only look £13 under 14 liters. whats going on? i thought they had a 33 ltr tank. do i need to just ignore the fuel guage?
  2. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, as well stated here before, consider your GSA fuel guage "for entertainment purposes only". This also goes for the fuel range remaining function on the computer.

After filling my '07 GSA, the gauge shows full bars for the first 40 miles or so, then plummets and dances around between only two to three bars for the next 320 miles. The computer starts out showing about 440 miles range (mostly correct for my long daily commute), then it quickly becomes terribly pessimistic also. Scared the crap out of me when I first bought the bike. Only when I get down to about 1 & 1/2 gallons or about 65 miles remaining do both functions seem to become dead on again. When the computer says I have 10 miles remaining, I can put almost 9 gallons in the tank.
  3. cdo1uk

cdo1uk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i dont have the trip computer on mine, just going by the trip its self. i alway zero the trip when i fill up as its a more accurate reading. thanks for the advice and i will now ignore the fuel guage.

thanks