Addc 2013 - Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge

Discussion in 'Racing' started by too old, Mar 28, 2013.

1. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
  3. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    GO #31 Mike Johnson USA !!
  4. too old

Oddometer:
    Quite a few Hondas in various forms also - Helder and Sam should have the Dakar 2013 HRC, the HT Rally boys will have their variant - Dakar X, there are the other Honda's also and Chavo, if he is coming, not sure why his number is in yellow highlight or is down for a CRE 500? - can you update us Chavo?:eek1

It will be interesting to see which model comes out on top from the Hondas?:evil

Not the biggest of fields, but going to be pretty tight race amongst the top 10 or so :clap:clap

From the race itinerary no specials with more than 160k without a refuel, so hopefully Helder will be able to go at it flat out :lol3:lol3
  5. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The yellow highlighted riders are on bikes larger than 450cc and therefore not eligible for world championship points. That is also why they are together separated at the end of the field.
    ADDC stages tend to be reasonably short between refuels, but the sand can be pretty thirsty for power and fuel. One little mistake can use a few litres of fuel very quickly.

Best of luck everyone but especially Richard Brewer, the lone Kiwi!
  6. too old

Oddometer:
    I thought that was the case, but couldn't understand why Chavo was on a 500?
  7. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think he's testing the new HRC Dakar bike, the CRE450FR, but in 500 form to fly under the radar. "Factory Rally" based on the old two stroke CRE500, but will be sleeved down for the Dakar. They couldn't get a genuine HRC team rider to do it because that would be too obvious. It'll look like a home made, old clunker with a big tank and a few stickers but will be full on factory under the disguise. I'm not sure whether it'll get the oval piston technology that was shelved a couple of decades or so ago - that's likely to wait for the 450 version. :lol3
  8. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    That's exactly it. :lol3

He's chasing the overall position rather than just the 450 class position. His reasoning is that the 500 private bikes are closer to the factory 450's of KTM and Speedbrain than anyone is able to get the private 450's. He feels the factory guys have a good 20kph or so over the privateers and he wants to make some of that back up. I am not sure he is doing every world championship round so the 450 points don't completely matter to him. He wants speed and power and the Jolly bike is a 499cc that should start getting him that speed and power.
  9. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    JCS' Honda is not related to the HRC bikes :lol3. HM Honda is the Italian importer of Hondas in Europe. They make them street legal for the EU and also have increased capacity bikes for sale: http://www.hmmoto.it/it/prodotti/CRE-F500X-13

I'll be heading over there next week, same assignments as last year :evil Can't await to escape the bloody cold here, April and still snowing occasionaly, WTF :nod
  10. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Edited the thread title to make it easier to find.

:lurk
  11. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  12. too old

Oddometer:
    Yes but no, Chavo was with HR Ralley Raid - an affiliation with Honda Europe, but is nothing (or little, apart from the team management) to do with HRC and esprcially now he (Chavo) has broken away to Jolly racing!:deal

he is certainly not testing the 2014 HRC Dakar bike, but I do understand that thet there is new one - yawn ZZZZZZzzzzz, here we go again :rofl:rofl:rofl
  13. chavo_dakar_bolivia

chavo_dakar_bolivia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only a week to go, cant wait!
    My bike for this years world championship rallies is basically the same bike I raced at Pharaons Rally with 3 major improvements prepared by Jolly Racing.
    This bike has a 500cc kit which should be plenty fast now! It also now has a steering stabilizer (to handle the speed), and showa factory suspension 49mm.
    I havent tested it yet with all these improvements, but I think I will be very very happy!
    The reason for the +450 class is just like Doyle said, to be close or on par with the factory bikes ......
    Also to win the +450 trophy
    See you next week Tony!
  14. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Go for it Chavoand ride safe!~ I'll be cheering you on.
  15. too old

Oddometer:
    +1 and Sam and Helder of course :clap:clap
  16. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Goes without say :thumb
  17. too old

Oddometer:
    HRC playing it low key?

No mention of the team on the start list, no tweets, no Facebook and nothing on the website - maybe given up on the 2013 bike ahead of the 2014 one:evil
  18. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Just Helder and Sam on the entry list. If I am not mistaken, the HRC (rally arm only) is run by Mirjam Pol and it seems to be subject to prolonged periods of inactivity interspersed with short bursts of multiple tweets or Facebook posts. I never see responses either. Who ever ran the feed in the first few days, kept up the pace and would respond to questions, but from about the start of Dakar, the feeds became pretty much standard media fare.
  19. too old

Oddometer:
    Well from Sam's position, he is on his shiney new Dakar 2013 bike, ran it in today, is fit and raring to go:clap:clap
  20. too old

Oddometer:
    Smiles like this next Thursday will be good :clap:clap:clap

Attached Files: