Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Danrides

Danrides Traveller

Oddometer:
    Took me around 5 hours to read the 65 pages in one go, really good reading. love the pictures. As a Duc 749 owner i respect the distance your covering!

if you head into the UK make sure you give me a shout(i read something about you maybe coming over to europe)
  2. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Forgot not just to cross that T--I forgot to add it completely. :) Thanks for catching that, guys.

Europe is on the horizon--but at this point it's not looking like I'll be there with the Duc, just me and some shoes (sometime before May).

Thanks for the offer bk brkr baker--at this point I can't feel any pain, so I'm good for now!

I'm in Texas now, flying to Pittsburgh for a two day sales meeting--will be offline for a few days, probably. Still have pics to upload of the 1199 in the swamps of Southern Louisiana, plus more NOLA pics.
  3. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

You possess the eloquence of syntax and thought.

Mike
  4. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    i'm working on this "two chicks at the same time" thing, but i'm stuck on the math.... :1drink
  5. KustomizingKid

KustomizingKid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Read this thread a few months ago and have been following it since then... I have to say you sir (AntiHero) are living the dream.

Ride on!
  6. ///Monster

///Monster Does it have wheels?

Oddometer:
    I love the Barber museum, I've been twice now. The racetrack is also fantastic, I dream of tracking my M3 there some day.

If you're in TX, I'm guessing you're headed toward San Antonio and Austin. I have heard there are great roads in the hills West of Austin but I can not personally vouch for this. Night life in Austin is supposed to be fantastic with live music everywhere. Other points of interest if you're headed toward DFW might be the only North American RUF dealership. Again, I haven't been but heard it would be worth it to stop by.

If you find yourself in Amarillo, you can grab a steak, waste some time, and mark it off your bucket list at the Big Texan restaurant. <-- 72 oz steak dinner if you dare. Carhenge is also just west of Amarillo. It's a spot to get off and stretch the legs but not much to see other than back halves of 60's boats sticking out of a cornfield covered in 6" of spray paint. I think a drive through Palo Duro Canyon, which is just South East of Amarillo, would provide some excellent photo backdrops of the 2nd biggest canyon in the US.

BTW, great RR. Excited to read about your next update.
  7. f1addict

f1addict n00b

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you're in Austin. Got a great place to stay and can show you some of the highlights.
  8. PishPosh

PishPosh n000000b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great RR! Wasted away the past couple of days reading this :lol3
  9. T-FAST

T-FAST Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome RR and welcome to Texas! Might want to check out "The Twisted Sisters" FM roads. It's Texas' own tail of the dragon, only not as good lol. You'd want to visit either during the week or early morning during the weekends to beat the other riders. If ya so happen to make it all the way down to the Rio Grande Valley, I have a spare bedroom. Stay safe!
  10. deathbug74

deathbug74 what muffler?

Oddometer:
    discovered this via BARF, joined so i could subscribe :D

freaking epic.
    geoduch likes this.
  11. ValuePack

ValuePack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome! It's a hell of a place, stick around awhile.
  12. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know you changed tires out a while back. Looks like you replaced them with the oem tires? Curious to know if, when it comes time to replace them again, you'd replace them with the OEM or go with something else that would last a bit longer?
  13. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sticking with Supercorsa SPs. Tons of traction, way more mileage than I thought I'd get out of 'em, nice breakaway characteristics and, most importantly--the only tire that seems to play nice with DTC.

Austin rocks--going to try to catch the R/R up with where my body is, now that I have some free time this weekend. For the meantime, let's pretend I'm back in New Orleans:

This dude from Pensacola (slomo510, Richard Sullivan) rode all the way out to NOLA to hang out with me on the Sunday of the Austin F1 (you can see how far behind I am!). We found a killer spot (Killer Poboys) away from the thunderous chants of "who dat, who dat," where we could watch the race in peace. Appreciated him making the drive out and back--and it was great to have someone to knock a couple back with over lunch and dinner. He's the Sales Manager at BMW Motorcycles of Pensacola. If I was ever in the market for a new bike I wouldn't hesitate hitting him up--he's a great guy.

[​IMG]

You guys sick of NOLA at night yet? Well if you are, too bad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Satan Cyclops thing:
    [​IMG]

Bourbon St:
    [​IMG]
    duhrider likes this.
  14. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lafitte's, at the Piano Bar:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Child's Coffin from Interview With a Vampire:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should have fucking moved the garbage cans!
    [​IMG]
    duhrider likes this.
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    One of many Sazeracs
    [​IMG]

Thanksgiving dinner:
    [​IMG]

Dessert (repurposed bread pudding with some carmelized bananas):
    [​IMG]

Picked my bike up from the dealer (updates, new exhaust) and headed back into the FQ to take a few last shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then it was off to Lafayette, LA:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    duhrider likes this.
  16. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Panigale has now seen forests, oceans, islands, cities, dead-cities, deserts, savannahs (and finally) swamps:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    duhrider likes this.
  17. GP1152

GP1152 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This made me laugh. Can definitely relate

18. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great Pics!
    Definitely going to stay a couple days there when I go on my "Escape"

Keep the great RR coming!
  19. slomo510

slomo510 what to ride today?

Oddometer:
    Did you make it over to NOLA motorsports park for a little kart action?

all is well here my friend, safe travels to you... going to iron butt it over to AZ?
    :freaky
  20. Voidrider

Voidrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the bald cypress in the swamp pics.