Vancouver Mortorcycle Show

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Adventure Hammer, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Adventure Hammer

Adventure Hammer Ham Radio VE7JMN

Oddometer:
    This was posted last year

Vancouver Motorcycle show Accommodation
    <!-- #dg-post-title --><!-- message -->Coming in for the Vancouver Motorcycle show, The Coast Abbotsford Hotel & Suites, has a special rate for ADV Riders.... $89 for two people.......... included in this price is a $10 gift certificate for Me N Eds Pizza Parlour, you can call the hotel direct Toll Free 1 877 604 853 1880 ask for the ADV Riders rate. "You have to call the Hotel direct to get this rate"

Any body know of similar or better offers in the Abbotsford area.

Called and the best deal I could get was $99.00 up ten from last year.

Being cheap because I need a new tire.

Jim
  2. waterlilly

waterlilly No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer:
    That is what we are paying $99.00 at the Sandman.
  3. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

If u are cheap and want super cheap tires, order tires from these guys: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ , and have them delivered here: http://www.packageexpress.com/ . The Coast suites Hotel is only 2 kms from the Sumas border crossing, you can pick up the tires Saturday or Monday.

Steve
  4. Adventure Hammer

Oddometer:
    Got a room at the Coast, $99 the best deal I could get for the wife and I.
    Thanks for the info regarding shipping, expect to use them for my Cycle Hill
    tire changer in early spring.

Jim

Home of the World Famous Pond Hockey Tourny
    Down Town Logan Lake,BC
  5. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    I may be too late with this and it may be sold out but:

"The official show hotel:– the Best Western Regency Inn and Conference Centre is located about 8 minutes from TRADEX. The Best Western has agreed to keep the adjoining ABC Restaurant open for exhibitors until 11:00 p.m. each night of the show. The Best Western Regency is located at 32110 Marshall Road, Abbotsford, BC, V2T 1A1. Amenities include free deluxe breakfast served 6:30 - 9:30 daily, ABC Country Restaurant, fitness centre, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, business centre and free parking.
    Preferred event room rate is $95.99 + taxes for two Queens or one King. To take advantage of this rate, reservations must be made before December 17, 2011. For reservations call 1-800-771-3077 or 604-853-3111 ext 436, and quote group code 605155"

It is only $4.00 less but the nice thing is that it's a real (and free!) breakfast Buffet style. Much better than what you usually get.

See you there!

Dave
  6. swellguy

swellguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you're driving in for Vancouver show and having trouble getting a place in Abbotsford, you might look at Langley. It's about a half hour west but the trans-Canada is pretty speedy at that point and traffic seems to zip along at 120km+.
    Plus there's a large multiplex of MC dealers right on the highway off-ramp at Langley.

BTW, I wouldn't go farther west than that because of all the construction on the Port Mann bridge, it would just make coming and going a nightmare.
  7. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. Jick Magger

Jick Magger Exile on Main Street

Oddometer:
    Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
    Anybody know how big the adventure riding portion will be at the show. Will there be many suppliers attending etc? I have never attended so not sure whether it is worth the drive from the Okanagan. Thanks
  9. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last year Dave was there from Giant Loop, that helped me a lot. I have no idea what to expect this year, but you never know.
    Just go...........and have fun...........any time away is without the "War Department", so enjoy yourself on a nice road trip!

Cheers
  10. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

You'll see Touratech Canada out of Montreal, Twisted Throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/ out of Rhode Island. TT usually just hands out last yrs catalog, but Twisted Throttle brings a whole bunch of stuff to sell.

Steve
  11. CordR

CordR Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Depends what you are looking for.

Each bike brand will have their adventure bikes there. DualsportBC will be there. Tons of farkling options etc.

As well, if you're into the presentations, there will be 3 that I think are worthy of attending if you're into (or gearing up for) the longer adventure trips:

http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca/travel_seminars/

I'll be checking those out midday tomorrow.

C
  12. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, I'll be there mid afternoon Friday.
  13. LongWays

LongWays No one's treading on you, sweetie.

Oddometer:
    City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
    Spent a few hours yesterday at the show. Underwhelmed would be the word, same reaction I had after Seattle last month, Did buy the complete up-to-date set of BC Backroads map books - the 1st editions I have are getting a ratty :lol3
  14. Kamloopsrider

Kamloopsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a great time on Friday. Its worth going just to see the Panigale. 164kg dry and 195 hp. This might be the nicest bike I've ever seen. Not my style, but gorgeous lines.
    The nice part about the show is being able to directly compare makes, models and prices. I'm looking at a dual sport so to be able to see them all in one place sure helps.
  15. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    Had a great time on Friday with Fishnbiker, the only problem is what to buy next. Also my eyes had a hard time focusing on the motorcycles with some of the distractions caused by the hostesses.
  16. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

Amzoil girls,,,,,very distracting,,,,,in a good way of course.

Steve
  17. Adventure Hammer

Oddometer:
    Amzoil Girls, never noticed them!

Where were they?:wink:

Jim In snowy Logan Lake
  18. waterlilly

waterlilly No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer:
    As this was our first time at this show,I have to say it was a fun time even considering the weather was not the greatest. Great to meet our exhisting customer base, and to meet potenial new customers.
    Thank you everyone to who stopped by our little booth to say hello.
    Look forward to coming back to ride out here. BC has some great riding and camping areas.
    Cheers
    Catharine
  19. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything.

Oddometer:
    I only took a couple of pictures at the show and I have to post this one. I'll never own one of these but I think they're truly beautiful. Art deco meets sci-fi.

[​IMG]
  20. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

I call this a polarizing artistic impression.:huh