Dualsport Fairing w PnP LED Lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Feb 20, 2012.

1. empedrado

empedrado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cannot seem to find the fairing on your website, where should I be navigating to? Any experience mounting with a KTM roadbook holder?
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have not mounted lights in that setup. Looking at the kit pictures, it looks like it would be a very easy install. Is it the high beam that is lacking or ?
  3. marcwestbmw

marcwestbmw Walkin' Mans Friend

Oddometer:
    Both the high and the low offroad. The spread isn't wide enough. Btw, this after I pulled the grill. It made nasty shadows. On the road the high is fine. The low is lacking.
  4. espressodrinker

espressodrinker Cape Town Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Would it be possible to drill out the back of the existing headlight and mount a 60 light with it's face up against the existing lens?
    I suppose that I would have to drill a few other holes to allow airflow as well.
    I don't want to mess with the existing look of the front.
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The light needs air to stay cool so if you could add some venting, it would probably work. Otherwise you could try our 08-12 KTM dropin headlight replacment and update the looks of your bike.

[​IMG]
  6. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    Just picked mine up at the PO for my DRZ400E. This is a quality piece of gear! I am impressed with the workmanship and finish. I ordered the model 60/30 combo as I'm trying to conserve wattage.

I did some driveway bench tests on the unit tonight. Although Sanjoh strongly recommended mounting two model 60 lights, I think this combo will be fine! It puts out so much more usable light than the 35 watt halogen headlight I currently have there is no comparison. Obviously, I haven't had the chance to put it side-by-side with my HID set-up on the KLR, but I am very pleased with what I see.

The color temperature appears to be good. I assume it's around 6000 kelvin, which is a little blue, but a few yellow lens guards should get it near 5500 k -- natural sunlight.

The glass is thick enough to support reasonable accessories, but it would be great to offer a dash panel for the fairing as an accessory.

It's obvious that this fairing was designed by dual-sport riders. There's attention to rounding the corners and breaking sharp edges. If you go over the bars, this one's not going to cut your throat or rip your spleen out. That's a significant bonus.

Thanks, John.
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you are happy with it:clap

The color temperature is actually 5500k. I highly recommend trying them before using any filters.

Thanks again for your business, much appreciated.

How about some pics when you get it mounted?
  8. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    Glad to know that about the color temp, John. I will purchase the clear lens protectors. I was going to ride it in any event before attempting any fiddles.

This is why it's important to purchase gear from real ADV riders. I was in a rather involved conversation with inmate AtlasEXP last night on this very subject. While lights that go into the blue spectrum may look cool on a bling mobile, they are not very useful in the woods. Our eyes are adapted to sun light.

Thanks for the good product and fine service.
  9. Cobain

Cobain night owl

Oddometer:
    Hideous:arg
  10. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Care to do better?

Critics are, well, not productive ;-}

MAKERS, on the other hand, well, DO stuff . . . . .
  11. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    well this certainly explains your story :lol3

12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well put:D
  13. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh... Is there a WR250R fairing yet? I didn't see any photos of one so I'm guessing not yet??

Hit me!!! :freaky
  14. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is on the short list. I expect to have one mounted in January.
  15. BanhXeo

BanhXeo Sushiman

Oddometer:
  16. noisytoys

noisytoys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone fitted one on an Xchallenge yet?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The question is if the fairing will fit in the frontfender and the lights will clear the cockpit unit
  17. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:

Looks like it could fit. On the fender...how wide is the well? What is the ctr-ctr distance on the pins? The fairings can be delivered blank so you can drill to match the pins. But check the well width. I measure the back of the fairing at 7.1 inches.

:D
  18. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:
    x3 So easy to judge.. there is so much time and effort put into these projects.. then some J-hole spends 2 seconds with a single word response of negativity.. Like the OP I always welcome these people to do better.. a few my try and most will fail.. others may be inspired.

My Critique? (not that you asked) I'd like to see someone come up with a graphics kit that would accent the lines and make it look better in the pictures.

I'd also think it needs to stand off the forks a little more to make more room for a cockpit/instruments (i.e gps and possibly a road book)

great job and I applaud your efforts..
  19. rpet

rpet Awesometown

Oddometer:
    HI there -
    Put me down as a vote for a kit that fits the DR, plus an option to buy w/o lights. (I would like to put HID projectors in).

thanks!
  20. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks